PDA

View Full Version : hyperthreading

PJ'l_Master
06-23-2004, 01:19 PM
what are the advantages of this...

and is it really that big of an improvement

EXEcution
06-23-2004, 01:22 PM
What i've heard about it (i think Morpheus told me since his rig has an Intel prov with HT) is that it makes the proc work like 2 procs or smth, so it can handle more tasks.

"A technology developed by Intel that enables multithreaded software applications to execute threads in parallel on a single multi-core processor instead of processing threads in a linear fashion. Older systems took advantage of dual-processing threading in software by splitting instructions into multiple streams so that more than one processor could act upon them at once."

Ah here we go i was so close. :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
06-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Jun 23 2004, 09:22 AM
What i've heard about it (i think Morpheus told me since his rig has an Intel prov with HT) is that it makes the proc work like 2 procs or smth, so it can handle more tasks.

"A technology developed by Intel that enables multithreaded software applications to execute threads in parallel on a single multi-core processor instead of processing threads in a linear fashion. Older systems took advantage of dual-processing threading in software by splitting instructions into multiple streams so that more than one processor could act upon them at once."

well...whoopdidooo... :rolleyes:

PJ'l_Master
06-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Jun 23 2004, 09:22 AM

good job eXe

EXEcution
06-23-2004, 01:33 PM
:rofl: WTF!

Chaotic42
06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
This should help (http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1576)