PDA

View Full Version : Your story about Sam

merkwannabe
07-03-2004, 09:33 PM
I want this thread to be interesting and different, so please no lame posts.

If you don't want to read or write a lot, I suggest you probably exit this thread.. ;)

Explain your story about how you started playing sam and what you think about your contribution to the community...

Die Hard
07-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Bought the game

Played the game

Joined a forum

Wrote on the forum

:WTF:

j/k sorry I'll think of something and come back :thumbs:

merkwannabe
07-03-2004, 09:57 PM
warning, may not make sense!

Well my story starts in December of 2002.. when I was hanging out with one of my friends, (you know him as Phoenix), and I asked to see the game he had talked about.. I never liked games, but I was addicted to the concept of multiplayer. To this day I have never finished a level on single player. He let me play a game under his tags once and then he made me make up a new name. Garfunkel, (later Gar-funk-u), was my name.. He said he was in the best clan and I didn't believe him.. He showed me how to really play in Yodeller and was jumping off the roofs and onto the tree. I remember he said he was rusty, I guess that's when he started to quit. He was suprised that I really liked it.. I wanted to be good right away, especially after he showed me a demo of Fastway and Slayer!

I started coming to his house more and each time I started playing a little more..

I got a computer in March.. March 22 to be exact, (check my registration date)... heh

At first playing wasn't important... I just wanted to kill time in cyber space and chat.. I was horrible, and then I got DSL in the middle of last June, (I think), and I started to improve really fast.. (IMO).. Within three months of having DSL, I made it into merc.... my online dream, as my name suggests.

About myself in Sam land----

Well, I think it's safe to say I liked just about everybody at first.. I would talk to anyone. Then, as I became more of a snob, I started "constructiveley disliking" everyone I played. After every game, I would cool off, but during games I would get pretty pissed off. I still feel bad for taking out rockets or just annoyingly spawn killing someone, but that's the way it goes I guess. Once I'm back on the forums, (which represents a non-competitive game to me), I am happy with everyone again!

What I offer to Sam. [The good, the bad, and the ugly]
Well, I went through about every phase. I was a sniper-whore for a while, a rocket lover, a shotty fanatic, and just about everything in between.

The good
I learned the technique of speed strafing and made it one of my signature moves.. I also learned how to have good movement control.. Alas, the aim and thinking is often missing..

Your turn.. :P

merkwannabe
07-03-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jul 3 2004, 02:43 PM
Bought the game

Played the game

Joined a forum

Wrote on the forum

:WTF:
lol, that's ok.. :) At least I got a post about my topic. :P

NightBreed
07-03-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm not even sure where my copy of Serious Sam ever came from; I don't remember buying it, it just appeared on my desk one day long, long ago... :online2long:

What's bad about it ?
I've wasted countless days and hours playing this addictive game and spamming all the various forums dedicated to Sam..All this time and effort into a game...sheesh..Do the math, add up the average hours a week playing Sam.. :hmmm: :unsure:

What's good about it ?

Loved every minute of it !! :wootrock: :wootrock: :thumbs: wub

Speedsweeper
07-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Sam was my first online game that i played.

Got to know players and joined the GM community just because if it. I have loads of other first person shooters that i play online but none of them comes close to sam.

I will always play this game.

:thumbs:

Sexyjess
07-03-2004, 11:01 PM
ok hmm it was my first game ever online..i remeber all was really good at it didient ever think i chould shoot anyone heh..then i come contact with the clan [ele]that noone seems to remeber anyway i did join it was me...shotmaniac...slayer..and bong..

and some others..it was the best year in ss ever for me(my first year in ss) really love this 3 guys they are my best friends and today been knwoing them for about hm 2-3 years now so thats cool to bad the clan split....anyway then i started to play it more and after that i was stuck with the computer hah :jammin: all my girlmates thought i become nuts they said only guys play games on puter..how wrong they had...net have give me so much and im happy i got the chance to know many good ppl from here also and from other games...ppl who havent played ss have really missed something in life haha :thumbs: :wootrock: cos its a hell fun game :w00t:

now gl to understand what i just said haha i know u all love my english :D

Sexyjess
07-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Sexyjess@Jul 3 2004, 11:01 PM
ok hmm it was my first game ever online..i remeber all was really good at it didient ever think i chould shoot anyone heh..then i come contact with the clan [ele]that noone seems to remeber anyway i did join it was me...shotmaniac...slayer..and bong..

and some others..it was the best year in ss ever for me(my first year in ss) really love this 3 guys they are my best friends and today been knwoing them for about hm 2-3 years now so thats cool to bad the clan split....anyway then i started to play it more and after that i was stuck with the computer hah :jammin: all my girlmates thought i become nuts they said only guys play games on puter..how wrong they had...net have give me so much and im happy i got the chance to know many good ppl from here also and from other games...ppl who havent played ss have really missed something in life haha :thumbs: :wootrock: cos its a hell fun game :w00t:

now gl to understand what i just said haha i know u all love my english :D
oo it was my bf who had the game on his pc and showed me that for the first time :)

merkwannabe
07-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Sexyjess@Jul 3 2004, 04:01 PM
then i come contact with the clan [ele]that noone seems to remeber anyway i did join it was me...shotmaniac...slayer..and bong..

Wow, that's an accomplishment. Those are some good players.

I understood your post.. ;)

One of my funniest sam memories.. I was the player with red santa tags.. good times.. (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20841&hl=santa)

C2H5OH Guy
07-03-2004, 11:29 PM
OMG thats a long story!

well here is my story

SSSE Demo
When the demo of serious sam the second encounter released (i think it was january 2002) i just got ADSL. Well i asked DarthVim (who is a personal friend of me) for a good multiplayer first person shooter. He told me to get the serious sam the second encounter demo cuz he started playing it and it seems to make even more fun as the first part of serious sam. I got it and informed me about the game...so i already got the very useful name editor and some other useful tools.
My first name was C2H5OH Guy[yellow letters i think] =(TFD)= .
("TFD" is just a short form for a kind of clan...everyone in this clan made a fun of the east germans who lived in the former DDR)
My first game i played on a 750MHZ P3 with a ATI Rage 128 Pro graphics card. The first server i joined was "Jolt.uk". This was a pretty kickass server and i got pretty good pings there...i dont remember but i think it was about 120-150ms. So serious sam the second encounter became the first game i played on a broadband internet connection!

[b]DarthBible
When a bit later the full version of serious sam the second encounter released (i think it was april 2002) i asked darthVim to join the sam clan he started with another personal friend of me (BibleBoy666). And thats where DAB got his name from (DarthVim+Bibleboy666=Darthbible ;) )
well i´d to buy a original version of sam first. after this DarthVim tested me. Well i was good enough and i became C2H5OH Guy :::[DaB]::: .

Mostly we phoned each other to flood one server with all 3 clanmembers. (mostly we were on the first 3 places...1st place had DarthVim cuz he got the most online gaming experience, the 2nd and 3rd place me or Bibeboy666)

but somehow Bibleboy got pretty fast sick of sam (it took about 3-4weeks). Then only DarthVim and me played...and after 2 weeks we installed the new version (1.07) unfortunately there were no servers (in 1.07) so we also stopped playin it...

GameMecca
in august 02 i got bored and installed serious sam the second encounter again. everything changed...new servers and more lag but still a lot of players who played. the nice "jolt.uk" server was past...so i played with 350ms (ADSL!!!) on the "jerk" servers (cuz of the lag there was no other way than the rocket launcher for me). A bit later i got a new computer 2200+ with Geforce 4 Ti 4200 that allowed me to play with such a huge ping. finally in september 28th a dude with the name scorch asked me to join the gaming forum "www.gamemecca.net/forums". he also told me that we could get our own forums there. Quick i registered there and i called darthvim to tell him about the offer.

This (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1006) was my first post at GM. I wrote everything scorch told me in icq to get our clan hosted at GM. (well my english abilities were even more worse than they are nowadays).

DaB Forums
we got our forum and we also got 3 new members. AVM and Torso (also 2 personal friends of me) and a bit later strider. then the clan growed up and we had also Chaotic (DS) and some others in our ship. by and by strider and me want to change the style of the old boring tags.

EoS and GunMen
but darthvim didn't agree with a change on the DaB Clan Tags so strider and me "stole" DaB almost every new member we "recruited" to create our own clan "EoS" after a while it became "GunMen" cuz we couldnt decide about a good name. meanwhile i got the unbelievable nice T4M guys to know. (and showed me how to kill someone with one shotty shot!)

SAINTS
A bit later GunMen broke up and every member joined a different clan. Jacobs and TUW asked me if i wanna join their new clan called "SAINTS".

Gods
After the founders of SAINTS quit playing sam they became T4M like in the past and i joined Gods.

The Grim Reapers
But after almost all Gods players quit sam i joined The Grim Reapers like Black Rose did!

Well that was my story! (i hope that you understand everything cuz its 1:30AM in germany and im really tired!) :wave:

Sexyjess
07-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Jul 3 2004, 11:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Jul 3 2004, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sexyjess@Jul 3 2004, 04:01 PM
then i come contact with the clan [ele]that noone seems to remeber anyway i did join it was me...shotmaniac...slayer..and bong..

Wow, that&#39;s an accomplishment. Those are some good players.

I understood your post.. ;)

Btw.. One of my funniest sam memories was of some sam players and I changing our names to Santa clan or something and protecting certain players. It was so funny, but I think it ticked off some of the other players. [/b][/quote]
:) :drink: aww i miss ss :bawling: i dont have the game on computer anymore i gotta get it again :blink:

merkwannabe
07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Good story C2.. Vs was in DAB? ;O

Btw, your English is so much better&#33; :D

C2H5OH Guy
07-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 4 2004, 12:41 AM
Good story C2..* Vs was in DAB?* ;O

nah im not sure at all...i never saw him playin...lol :rofl:

EXEcution
07-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Eh my story....
The past:
I was playing computer games since i was 6 yrs old in Russia DOOM was my first game followed by HEXEN, later on i came to America and forgot about computer games and joined the the console revolution, first the Genesis and then the N64 (i also got a Sega Master system and the original Nintendo) but eventually when i was 15 or smth i got back into pc gaming with the original Unreal game (played that on 56k)
How i got to playing SSAM:
Like merk i did not have my own computer so a contact from my mom&#39;s work was kind enough to sell us his (which became my first PERSONAL computer) at around the same time OUTLAWS Tip gave me a copy of Serious Sam:SE (i had played the first encounter before but the concept of online gaming in ssam was new to me) so i tuned out from Unreal and started playing sam as DarkAngel (there was another darkangel but i used that name only one or twice) later Tip showed me how to join the forums and i was XtremeGamer in game and online.
Then i joined CF and its the only clan i&#39;ve been in my entire life.
So then i got DSL (name: DarkAgent) and a new comp (name: EXEcution) and really started owning, the name changes were not random because i changed them as my skill improved (i did not want to use an alias so i changed my name in ssam as well as on GM)

I play sam almost everyday and have never used an alias in my life (except for that one time when my comp screwed up and i played one game with Sepra as "Technical Difficulties")

I also ocassionally play CS with a friend, Q3 whenever i feel like it, UT2k4 (whenever there are people that i know on), and i also make ssam movies as a passtime.
They might all suck compared to what i have seen from others but i like making them.

JIMINATOR
07-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 3 2004, 06:22 PM
One of my funniest sam memories.. I was the player with red santa tags.. good times.. (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20841&hl=santa)
hmmmph, too bad that you became really really good and i am still at the same sucky level.... :bawling:

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Jul 3 2004, 07:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR &#064; Jul 3 2004, 07:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-merkwannabe@Jul 3 2004, 06:22 PM
One of my funniest sam memories..* I was the player with red santa tags..* good times.. (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20841&hl=santa)
hmmmph, too bad that you became really really good and i am still at the same sucky level.... :bawling: [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s not true Jim.

Your a great player. Our matches were always close. I win, I lose..

EdoG
07-04-2004, 02:30 AM
:thumbs: My Uncle JIMINATOR gave me a copy of Sam.
I started playing Corp.
Then 1.05.
This is bad, but I was little :baby: :angel:
I played as OUTLAWS SUCKS.
Then I joined GameMecca and saw the thrend.
I fessed up and they forgave me.
Later I became friends with a lot of people.
People convinced me to play 1.07 :wave:
Thats when I started to LOVE SAM.
Around 4 months later, I joined the Reapers.
I was in the Reapers 4 awhile, then Left.
Later that month I joined )CF( and have been there since :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks JIMINATOR&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wub:

mod
07-04-2004, 02:38 AM
Ok i have to go way back to june of 1997
got my cable modem met some folks at sega (www.heat.net)
got a cool job gaming and giving away prizes as heat prize man
played quake 1 with some great folks KrYstal (she still plays) THRESH from time to time spacemonkey what a nice guy ...the saga continues
october or november 1999 www.heat.net shuts down due 2 people not paying for memberships(and mlager and gamespit gathering players for free)
quake 2 and hl are released wow back in the day alienator kicked some serious azz
ss1 comes out what a great game i was running a p2 400 and a voodoo banshee 16 meg
great game but dull online play due to lack of maps.
unreal was the ship
played as raged element for some time
but all the hacks got unnerving
same thing happened with quake 3 hmmm
along comes ss2 great first person shooter
and not to bad maps
played the outlaws on a daily even minute by minute
quote "mod never says gg "slash
hehe yeah i never did for the longest time
i met this guy named boooger ooops i mean goober hehe
back in the day i was all rocket no shotty
(i see this alot in players who have no shotty game whatsoever )
back to booooger i mean goober
he asked me to join doa
and i did
i left after just under 2 years due to managment issues
and joined some old mates c2 herb rosie jag stoned manson dr etc
and thus you have tgr mod*

mod* :wave:

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by mod@Jul 3 2004, 07:38 PM
got a cool job gaming and giving away prizes as heat prize man

Man, that sounds like one of the best jobs ever.

iampi
07-04-2004, 03:54 AM
Around 01/02, i got a computer. It was an ok computer. I downloaded kazaa off the 28.8 k modem, and downloaded as many crazy things as possible. Among them was a game called Serious Sam: the first encounter. I played single player, and i liked it a lot. However, my computer was an e-machine; the computer rebooted spontaneously every 45 minutes due to a faulty/insufficient power supply. So i had to send the computer back...

Eventually i got a new one, and eventually I saw SSFE in a store for under &#036;10, so i bought it....

But i didn&#39;t play it much...

I got to college in Worcester, MA, and eventually played it in front of someone who had the second edition. I copied his cd, and played it... eventually playing him multiplayer and others online--and got schooled hard core. I didn&#39;t play the game much then.

Eventually i just started to get addicted to it, and l loved it. It was 03&#39;/04&#39; that i really started playing. I remember playing online against DD and just getting owned hard core.

Nowadays i am trying to cut back on SS, and may give it up when school starts again (for the grades... ;( )

Contributions... Well, i inspire many stories legendary stories of amazing ping, heroic stories of a boy who has no hands and plays with his feet--and owns you, and controversial names such as <mirc> DS <hc>. On the positive side, i usually am i nice guy, a funny guy, and i try to bring the fun to the game.

Note: Alexis is having my children. Without sam, we never would have met ;)

JIMINATOR
07-04-2004, 03:57 AM
well, for the dozenth time, i first found ss se a long time ago. my
system wouldn&#39;t play it, so back it went. later i upgraded to a geforce,
and sam se would run. that was tons of fun, completing single player
on easy, took forever, days at a time just to complete some sections
with enough health to move to the next, but i loved it. but it was put
away after SP was finished. Some time later I played FE, but I was
better, so i went for medium. sucked that rockets and grenades
now damage you, but that was cool. it didn&#39;t last as long though, but
it was great great fun. so it was put away after it was finished. my
brother picked up a couple of computers around oct 02. I installed
sam for him and showed him how he could play online. I also set
up my nephews system. We would all get online and play coop.
that was fun for a while, but i needed more of a challenge. So while
they stuck it out in coop, i went to MP. MP was nothing like SP. In
SP I could be slow and methodical. Not MP. There it was get blasted
city. That was around dec - jan 03. There were 3 servers + the gods
server + biggs doa server, and all would stay pretty busy all the time.
I don&#39;t know about skill, i pretty much sucked. Still, i wasn&#39;t a
complete noob. My first few games I would wonder why my scores would
go into the negatives. SD was a little prize to use when found. Finding
invis in the hole was a nice secret, as it was when someone revealed
where the cannon was (I watched a demo). The demos were good. It
demonstrated that the only real secret was to shoot fast and shoot
accurately and that was pretty much how the best people win. Sometimes
i can do that, most of the times, not, so i often use rockets instead.
Still, watching demos can be shocking at times. I often see people rack
up high scores while having sloppy games. Oh well. You win some, you
lose a bunch. That was the golden age. Nowadays things have changed.
Most players have moved on. Still playing are the 24/7 aliases who are
always the same people playing no matter what time of day i get online.
There are no more ggs, just rocket whoring pup laced spam filled games.
Cheap tactics are pretty much the standard and the only thing that clan
tags mean any more is that you have pretty colors next to your name.
so anyway gg to all, hope to have some more one day...

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 04:10 AM
This is a voluntary thread Jim, don&#39;t post unless you want to.. ;)

Wow.. Jim, that&#39;s a great post&#33; :) I agree about the aliases though, I mean, I see the same aliases all day. What&#39;s up with that?&#33; I know I play a lot sometimes, but some people are playing literally 8 hours straight.. :shock:

These random players you mentioned, would they perhaps include moi?

mod
07-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 4 2004, 06:10 AM
This is a voluntary thread Jim, don&#39;t post unless you want to.. ;)

Wow.. Jim, that&#39;s a great post&#33; :) I agree about the aliases though, I mean, I see the same aliases all day. What&#39;s up with that?&#33; I know I play a lot sometimes, but some people are playing literally 8 hours straight.. :shock:

my guess is 90 per cent of games you play the players are aliases
shame on your clan for letting you do this (your game has never been memorable anyways)

attack aliases.

EXEcution
07-04-2004, 04:26 AM
the only time its a GG is when I win&#33;

JIMINATOR
07-04-2004, 04:27 AM
:hmmm: are you dissing merkius? he is probably one of the better players playing today... :hmmm:

EXEcution
07-04-2004, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 4 2004, 12:27 AM
:hmmm: are you dissing merkius? he is probably one of the better players playing today... :hmmm:
no Asian Invasion in the best
too bad he got banned but he beat me 1v1 36/0
(ps i was on my slower comp at time of defeat) :P

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by mod+Jul 3 2004, 09:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mod @ Jul 3 2004, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-merkwannabe@Jul 4 2004, 06:10 AM
This is a voluntary thread Jim, don&#39;t post unless you want to..&nbsp; ;)

Wow.. Jim, that&#39;s a great post&#33;&nbsp; :)&nbsp; I agree about the aliases though, I mean, I see the same aliases all day.&nbsp; What&#39;s up with that?&#33;&nbsp; I know I play a lot sometimes, but some people are playing literally 8 hours straight..&nbsp; :shock:

my guess is 90 per cent of games you play the players are aliases
shame on your clan for letting you do this (your game has never been memorable anyways)

attack aliases.

mod* :wave: [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s ok.. I respect you,(Mod).. Yes, it&#39;s true I use aliases a majority of the time. Merc allows this because in fact this is almost a tradition, it&#39;s what merc is founded upon. Well, not really founded upon, but in the past a lot of mercs have used them.. I understand that it can ruin the game, sometimes I find myself hiding,(perfect setup for a flame), my tags when I am playing other aliases. It&#39;s like an alias code.

I don&#39;t expect people to remember games against me... Half the time I am calling everyone spammers in my mind, sometimes even in the game and considering unistalling Sam, so it&#39;s not like I am at home thinking "wow, I own.." When you see an alias say "hahahahaha" or another sequence of repeated letters, you have just played a frustrated merk. Even if I win, I am often frustrated... I dunno, it&#39;s really frustrating and fun at the same time. :wacko:

And I&#39;m sorry if I said something to offend you or if I play cheap against you or whatever.. As I said, it&#39;s much harder to be polite and nice when your in the battle arena. ;)

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by .:EXEcution:.@Jul 3 2004, 09:29 PM
He&#39;s always using aliases these days or doesn&#39;t play because I never see him..

He perfected you? I find that hard to believe.. He is good, but I think there are a lot of top players that wouldn&#39;t be able to perfect you in a 1vs1.. I remember playing you once for your movie, and I got pwned..

mod
07-04-2004, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 4 2004, 06:27 AM
no i dont diss anyone playing with there tag :thumbs:

no tag = newb

cmon bud you should know this ;)

mod
07-04-2004, 04:46 AM
ai well very nice fellow
but no tags
if your a game player you should have some pride
(most dont here at gm)
once ya hit 15 years old you should see what i say

merkwannabe
07-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Damn your ip tracing abilities&#33; :P

Let&#39;s spice my thread up a bit.. There is no clan I would rather wear my tags for than merc. Sure, I respect many other clans, but if there is a clan I am willing to wear my tags for it&#39;s merc. Unlike the Reapers, however, it&#39;s a bit lonley on the servers. I rarley see another merc wearing his/her tags, if at all.. So, I&#39;m kind of the Lone Ranger, but I don&#39;t mind... because on the forums we dominate&#33; *roarrrr*
Plus, merc is just a name, it&#39;s the merc members that make it special.. That&#39;s why I wish "one or two" more elite members would join.. :oooo:

I posted more today than I have for like a month.. So, I&#39;ll be taking a break now.. :wave: *puts on anonymous status and reading glasses*

JIMINATOR
07-04-2004, 05:16 AM
:hmmm: i&#39;m not sure why mod is knocking aliases... hmmm sync?

mod
07-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 4 2004, 07:16 AM
:hmmm: i&#39;m not sure why mod is knocking aliases... hmmm sync?
at least i have made it known who i play as
my game is complicated
and well most peeps
have my game recorded at least once
sync or tuc is my
experimental names i use in game
when i try and configure
my game
crouching has its good
and bad
perfecting my game using my normal tag is hard because everyone and there dog is after me
using aliases i have made known for some time (tuc=sync)
gives me a little breathing room at improving my game or well just say
expanding it
so jim
how many aliases do u use in a day ?

mod
07-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Cheap tactics are pretty much the standard and the only thing that clan
tags mean any more is that you have pretty colors next to your name.

hmmmmm.nice thought oh my

cpl doesnt think that way

your name your game

no name no game

jim are u invisable

mod
07-04-2004, 11:47 AM
why i love sam

is because my game is my game

<<:The Grim Reapers:>>mod*

represents me

BlackWolf
07-04-2004, 12:09 PM
When i first got SS i didnt have inet so i started out playing the single player mode and i loved it just like i loved the old Doom games then some time after i got ADSL and i wanted to try online gaming like i heard should be great fun and i been playing SS ever since

i remember starting playing the games online i got the greanade launcher and went hiding in corners and spammed the gun areas with grenades i did that for some time until i was in a game with The Bone Collector and he said to me polite(very rare for Jacobs to speak polite :P ) please stop spamming ur ruining the fun and after that day i never stod in corners and spammed any more then later on i meet Lash and Goober in a game and they told me to come here to GM and join DOA and thats what i did later on when DOA kinda went a little dead i wanted to move on and try something else and Saints wanted me to try out for their clan and i made the shotty test against TUW on hes server i remember i was so damn nervous that i wouldnt make it but i did i guess thats where my alias using started cause i started to get trashed alot since that tag got on and all the fuss about having low deaths in all games kinda got to me so i left and short after Saints died
then DOA offered me to come back in and i did but after some time back in DOA the DOA clan went sleeping again and i got bored there and went solo for sometime until Pure Evil wanted me to join DS cause he knew i was playing UT also that went kinda ok until it seemed DS wanted more than just fun Ladder games and so on and it wasent me with all that so i decided to split from DS
and since Tik and me had been talking about making our own clan before we joined DS we decide it was time so we worked at it and i got to talk to Turbo Charger about old times in Saints and we decided to try bring it back and with permit from TUW we did so thats where i am now and hopefully in a long time ahead and waiting for SS2 ;)

EXEcution
07-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Jul 4 2004, 12:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Jul 4 2004, 12:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-.:EXEcution:.@Jul 3 2004, 09:29 PM
He&#39;s always using aliases these days or doesn&#39;t play because I never see him..

He perfected you? I find that hard to believe.. He is good, but I think there are a lot of top players that wouldn&#39;t be able to perfect you in a 1vs1.. I remember playing you once for your movie, and I got pwned.. [/b][/quote]
Yea i would have gotten him at least once but ssam was running pretty slow and i was usign a bal mouse. So i guess i didn&#39;t play to the best of my ability, :P

ME BIGGD01
07-04-2004, 05:36 PM
i can&#39;t remember how and when i started playing :P

all i know is my name has been the same from day 1 and continues :thumbs:

i&#39;ve been in three clans
rebels
gods
doa

the story goes like this---i have beaten the best along with being beat by the best. no one can say i use cheap tactics ever. i play to get into the mix and love the battle. i am not afraid to lose but hate to lose. but if you beat me, you beat me with my tags on. i miss the old days where people would just play with skill instead of alias and grenades. there are still a few good players playing but those games come very unoften.

aliases are my enemy :shifty:

Die Hard
07-05-2004, 12:06 PM
I bought Sam while on holiday in South Africa in Feb 2002. I found myself shawdowing my wife around a shopping mall so I popped into this game store and started looking through the computer games. I saw Sam. It looked appealing so i bought it.

After playing SP for a few months I noticed (quite by accident) the multi player functionality. So I started playing on line frag matches. It really blew me away. I remember playing this guy and i could never kill him. So I said &#39;why don&#39;t you die?&#39; He said &#39;You have to hit me first&#39; That was it, i had to improve&#33;

I couldn&#39;t compete in the shotty wars, my skill was simply too bad. So I got into the cannon. After about a month I was unbeatable with the cannon. It became my signature. Everyone knew me as the cannon ho. But it used to piss some people off so in the end I made it my goal to get good with the shotty. I&#39;ve had many good teachers: Black Wolf, Sasquatch, Chyll and more.

I joined a couple of clans, XXX and 666 were the first. Then In December 2003 I Joined GameMecca and started the Villains clan with 6 members. As you probably all know we have been here ever since and are now one of the biggest. A big thanks to Sal & Lev and all others at GM for letting us make this our home.

I&#39;ve always been know as Die Hard. I occasionally use alias&#39;s (mainly to spy on what people are saying and doing)

For at least the last year I never use pups or the cannon. I can play with any weapon to a good standard and can compete at the highest level. There are really only a couple of guys out there that can beat me every time i play them.

I still love Sam. I have plenty of very competitve games. There are still spammers and campers but then there always were. They don&#39;t bother me. It&#39;s part of the game.

Roll on Sam 2 :thumbs:

Black Rose
07-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Very nice thread and a good idea :thumbs: :jammin:

In march 02 I started playing SS:SE for myself. After I found all the secrets and got a lil bored, I tried out coop multiplayer and it rocked. :wootrock:
I have spend hours with some cool guys killing all the enemies. During that time I met Sasquatch who showed me how to rocket jump in gilgamesh. That was great fun :D We had much laughs and one day Sas asked me to join fortress together with him, that was in november 02. But I left the game after two minutes and told Sas "sorry, this is to hard for me, I dont think I will play DM, cya" :rofl: :rofl:

Some weeks later, I found at seriously a linky to gamemecca and joined the forums in december 02. Was reading alot without posting here and after one week, I got a pm from machine that he will start a welcome thread for me. wub

Oh and yes I played DM again, had some nice games with Ada and Oz wub.
Both helped me a lot and finally I joined the GoDs as my first clan. :drink:
Shotgunmanniac trained me in shotty trouble, never forget all the games with Slicey, Buckshot, Sniper and Troop.
Good old days :)

Btw shogun was the first one who posted a black Rose for me wub

my welcome thread here at GM (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=4173)

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Hmmm let’s see…the first time I played Sam was when the demo came out for Serious Sam First Edition. It came with a PC gamer magazine. There was a lot of hoopla regarding the GOD’s (Gathering Of Developers) gang but I don’t remember too much said about Croteam at the time.
What impressed me most was the “run and gun” aspect of game play and the great looking graphics, and a company not requiring a CD serial number was pretty cool too.

I played SSFE using the name cabbagehead. I saw players with colored names but didn’t think to much about it. I camped, spawn fragged, and spammed to my heart’s content, only to find out later, that nice people don’t do that.

Serious Sam Second edition’s demo came out, and I played it until the full version came out. I was playing a game, and someone called me a camper, so I asked them what it meant. I was on a 56K modem at the time, and always had a high ping, so from that point on I became high ping camper.

One day someone told me they had seen my name on the serious zone site, so I went there to check it out. Mr. BIGGD01 was in the GOD’s clan, and had put me on a list to be banned (from the servers). That was my introduction to forums and clans.

I ran into The Machine on the red planet map, and started asking him a bunch of questions about video cards. He suggested I go to serious zone’s site and post questions there. Next thing I know, I’m an OUTLAW…..well, maybe it didn’t happen that fast.
There was a falling out between the clan members and the other people that hung out at the serious zone site, and gamemecca was created shortly afterwards.

I play SSFE just about every day, and SSSE once in a blue moon. I own Painkiller and UT2004 which are both very nice games. But I don’t find myself playing them as much as I do Sam.

Thank you for posting this thread....it gave me an opportunity to reflect upon the good times and great people that I have met through out the years.

ME BIGGD01
07-06-2004, 01:06 AM
:angel: :oooo:

you know i love ya hpc

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Jul 5 2004, 05:06 PM
:angel: :oooo:

you know i love ya hpc
Thanks Mr. Big....you are one of those "great" people I mentioned, it is a pleasure knowing you. :) :wave:

Rivers
07-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Sam was the very 1st computer game I actually liked playing on-line. Before then my only computer game experiance was Quake II and III lanning at high school in computer class when we were bored. In May of 2002 a friend of mine kept talking about this bad ass computer game that he picked up on from work called "Serious Sam the 2nd Encounter" and I was like "alright ill try it." We used to lan and play co-ops for hours on end it was great. I was hooked on the stupid mind numbing violence that was Sam and I was almost kinda decent when we tried the multiplayer too so that was encouraging. I eventially got my own computer that would run Sam and Cable net and went on from there. I tried forming a clan (if anyone still remembers the Killer Klowns) but that didn&#39;t pan out so well so I just joined Slice and Co. at the GoDs in November of 2002 and been there ever since till a few weeks ago. I guess I just don&#39;t play as much as I used to so I don&#39;t serve much of purpose in being in a clan. But, man oh man, I&#39;ve tried UT, Medal of honor, BF (which I can&#39;t stand), Rainbow Six, Quake, and who knows what else but nothing is more fun to me then a mind numbing action packed game of Sam. Even with its problems its still my fav and has yet to be topped. In fact I&#39;m gonna make it a point to play more often from now on. :wootrock:

NO THREAT
07-07-2004, 07:31 AM
well it all started back in the day when i was going to daycare to a friend of my moms. i was really bored and asked if i could start up a pc game. she said sure what do you want to play? i asked her what she said and she popped out a game called serious sam the first encounter. she told me it was one of the sweetest shooters around and i loved it. everytime i went to daycare i would work on single player mode...i never played multiplayer. then a couple years later i was walking through the store and saw serious sam the sencond encounter for like 9 bucks. i smiled and remembered how cool the first encounter was. so i took it home played it, beat it, and started playing online multiplayer for the first time. i haven&#39;t found a more entertaining game yet. :thumbs:

ThePIT
07-09-2004, 03:34 PM
1st of all, that&#39;s a nice topic &#33;
Good to learn your story and your adventures in Sam &#33; :thumbs:

OK, well i usually don&#39;t write too much in here, but let&#39;s go... :P

All started with a workmate, which told me he was trying some games here and there... then he told me i could try a game called Serious Sam.
He showed some screenies of this game and it reminds me old memories of Duke Nukem when i saw Sam holding the weaponry against loads of beasties &#33; :rofl:

That was looking a very good game according the graphism, the textures and the fun of the screenies i saw just before getting a copy of this game... that was at the end of November 2002.

1st of all, i tried the Serious Sam First Encounter : it was a delight to play and as i always loved Egyptian stuff : movies, docs etc... + i&#39;m still a Stargate fan also (hehe yeah, my avatar and my sig, you got it &#33; :oooo: ) so it was really top notch &#33;

When completing the whole trip in the single mode, i just had a quick look to the DM mode but i found very few maps... that was a bad point and my crappy connection of those period didn&#39;t help.
So I let drop the multiplayer mode and my workmate gave me the 2nd Encounter copy, and i did like for the FE...

When i completed the whole single game mode, i saw there were better multiplayers maps and that was a very good point &#33; :w00t: Then I just had to wait for the mid December 2002 to get an ADSL connection which changed my way of looking games... forever &#33;

I played my first internet games and that was in Sam. I was amused and was impressed by the skills of some people :cool: I was feeling like a poo comparing to them, but no matter, every experiences have their lots of good things.
I played 1 months and a half alone in the maps of DM mainly, when i was able to get online after work.

One day, i came in a server running my favorite map : the server was SAS&#39;s server, probably called www.ss-sas.co.uk, dunno and the scene took place in Redstation.

This day was weird : for the 1st time i saw real skilled players with many weapons (mainly the cannon hehe) and that was outstanding, impressive, what you want : i was trying to snipe SAS when everything failed for the 50 or 100th times i was diying... :rofl: and he was sniping me with the iron ball &#33; :doh:

So i started to do my possible with all weapons, even it was lost in advance but... we started to have a chat. 1st time i was having a english chat during a game, that was weird... and difficult to express myself correctly :wacko:
SAS explained me that his colored name was a tag of a clan and few things like that.
I was very new to that and he finally asked me to join his crew... that was in February 2002... Months laters i was offered the original release of Sam FE and SE for the record lol &#33; :wave:

And, as a conclusion, I must admit, thanks to Sam, that was the 1st time of my life i was meeting (and i keep meeting) people of many countries i would never encountered in other ways... Thanks for that &#33; :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hope i didn&#39;t bore anyone :WTF: but that&#39;s my story with Sam :P

:wave: :jammin:

Sepra
07-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I&#39;ve always like playing games but never had played online before. A friend of ours introduced Jag and I to SSSE and we were hooked :cool: I started off playing Coop and then discovered the world of Deathmatch. I went into one of the servers and got the crap scared out of me. I was noobier than the worst noob you ever played and I started creating my own server and named it &#39;beginner&#39; ROFL :rofl: Many of the better players came in and gave me pointers and encouraged me to just play in the busy servers and told me that&#39;s the only way I&#39;d learn. So I did......and I died....and died....and died. /cry I was told about GM and decided to register. Shortly after that I suprisingly got an invite to CF. LOL I didnt even really know what a clan did but it seemed like fun so I graciously accepted. I played my heart out and was determined to become better. Alot of what pushed me to play better was because I was embarassed to do bad while representing CF :unsure: Towards the end of my SSSE career I could hold my own against most players. Now....since I havent really played in ages and ages......I&#39;m noobier than the worst noob you ever played again :(

Die Hard
07-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Your last sentence is crap Seppie. You scare the hell out of me :wootrock:

Nitro
07-11-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS high ping camper@Jul 5 2004, 06:21 PM
Hmmm let’s see…the first time I played Sam was when the demo came out for Serious Sam First Edition. It came with a PC gamer magazine. There was a lot of hoopla regarding the GOD’s (Gathering Of Developers) gang but I don’t remember too much said about Croteam at the time.
What impressed me most was the “run and gun” aspect of game play and the great looking graphics, and a company not requiring a CD serial number was pretty cool too.

I played SSFE using the name cabbagehead. I saw players with colored names but didn’t think to much about it. I camped, spawn fragged, and spammed to my heart’s content, only to find out later, that nice people don’t do that.

Serious Sam Second edition’s demo came out, and I played it until the full version came out. I was playing a game, and someone called me a camper, so I asked them what it meant. I was on a 56K modem at the time, and always had a high ping, so from that point on I became high ping camper.

One day someone told me they had seen my name on the serious zone site, so I went there to check it out. Mr. BIGGD01 was in the GOD’s clan, and had put me on a list to be banned (from the servers). That was my introduction to forums and clans.

I ran into The Machine on the red planet map, and started asking him a bunch of questions about video cards. He suggested I go to serious zone’s site and post questions there. Next thing I know, I’m an OUTLAW…..well, maybe it didn’t happen that fast.
There was a falling out between the clan members and the other people that hung out at the serious zone site, and gamemecca was created shortly afterwards.

I play SSFE just about every day, and SSSE once in a blue moon. I own Painkiller and UT2004 which are both very nice games. But I don’t find myself playing them as much as I do Sam.

Thank you for posting this thread....it gave me an opportunity to reflect upon the good times and great people that I have met through out the years.
I played SSFE the first time with that GOD CD too&#33;
nice girls on the cover of it :angel:

Free Styler
08-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Well my story goes like this.I started in june 2002 .Sam was my first online game ever...Well i had played utk1 3 days but had a hard time playing online because i had no patches and was so uberly newb in computers back then...that even downloading the patches was seemingly complicated for me.

So one my friends game me the game and said it was fast and well paced.
so i loaded it up and started playing.

My first clan was [ele] and my name was [ele]markus[ele] i think gun element and slayer were in that clan.Since the beginning i was fund of yodeller and was always trying new things in that level.

In 1.05 for those of you who played there was this server in red station were practicly everyone used cannon.Ned was on that server and was always owning, timing every invisible at the milisecond.

he was my biggest challenge back then.

I must add that during that summer i had lots of free time being unemployed and i was so uberly addicted to the game thati was playing it over 10 hours a day.those were my small days has sometimes it would go up to 20hours a day.(yes i was addicted:))

I sort of became very good in 1.05 and heard that the best players were all the 1.07 version.so i informed myself downloaded the patch and started playing.

I remember my first kill in my first 1.07 version.The lucky man was fast way.It was in hole (jerk server)now outlaw.He took the sd in the middle and i sliced him with a 180 degre turn to rocket shot.He stood there for a while analysing that death and wondering who i was:).

My biggest opponents in 1.07 were machine hammer and ephimerion wich btw was the pionner of 3rd person playing for sam anyways.and fast way

Yodeller... hammer was always sding and lazering very accuratly and people would fetch for those green lazers like a fish would do for a worm lol j/k.

But seriously that is where i started using the roofs.Cause if you stayed on the floor you were fryd by lazers.eventully not wanting to speak for everyone but i was owning yodeller after 3weeks of intence tactical play against hammer.not always winning but very often.

I played has holofx for a good while.i was winning 95 percent of my games i think anyways with that name.

Forgot to say i had switch to no crosshair in the 1.05 version.i think what promted me to do that.....was that i was a excellent goldeneye player on the n64 and that game, yes you guess it had no cross air...unless you press r1 wich i rarely used.

In those days knowing your opponents was a lot more important then now imo.power ups were being used and i could often kill seomeone invisible just because i had put myself in is situation and knew excacly when to shoot.But most importanly where to shoot.My setting were in my gaming days always at normal.so i never saw the shadows of people or whaterver.My card was not good enough for full grapichs.

Sasquash had founded DOA and i was the second ember after salyer and we were often doing practices for the new recruits.i sort felt the need to still upgrade my game play so i changed my name to free styler.And i remmeber the exact moment were i kinda climbed a notch.to describe this feeling wich is very fun to have i will describe it..

You know when you take a magnet and bring it close to a other magnet the feeling you have in your head where the attraction is being felt.Well that is a good description of how my aiming was feeling that day.It's like if my gun was attracted to the opponent pressing fire was when the magnet locked on the other magnet.

Maybe what i said above may seem ridiculous but seriously that was the feeling i had when i climbed a nothc,i just knew i had improved(just like that).

I wont be speaking for everybody but i wouldbentrigued to know if the players of other games would describe there improvement the same way.

Machine was very accurate on his shooting and it took me a while to get use to him.

Same goes with a lot of the great players back then.Anyhows i eventully stopped playing for a huge time.And now play once in a while for a good few frags here and there.

One thing is for shure.My improvement was practicly all done in 2 months of play.Since the last 2 years i think the only weapon i maybe master more is sniper and every other gun i think im not has good has before but good enough for a worthy challenger:).June 2002 to august 2002 were one of the best times of my life.I just loved every moment i played and was so dedicated that i had acheived my first goals when first starting,to become the best.it took a lot of trial and error before achieving that ,but ithink i achieived it and am today still among the best(not wanting to seem pretencious saying what i just said btw).

All and all before a game brings me back to that much dedication it better be has good has serious sam is.

merkwannabe
08-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Wow. Nice story FreeStyler! :)

I agree.. I think my aim was even better after two months of having DSL then it is today. I may win a few more games now, but that's because I have played so much and know most of the ins and outs.

I played ya today and you won. :p: Oh.. sometimes it's kind of embarrassing to know that you play so much don't you think? I know if I play more than a few hours I tend to find something else to do. :rolleyes:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-09-2004, 04:53 AM
Thanks FreeStyler, that was a good read. It was nice to see that your 3 biggest oppenents were all Outlaws. :)
I can't wait for Sam2 to come out, I bet it's going to be a blast.

ME BIGGD01
08-09-2004, 06:19 AM
fs was always someone that you knew was going to kick ass in a game. he knows how to use the shotty very well. he definetly is one of the legends in the game.:thumbs:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
08-09-2004, 01:56 PM
During the summer of 2003, one of my hobbies was playing computer games. I used to play RTS(Real-Time Strategy) games, such as Warcraft, Empire Earth, and Age of Mythology. My favorite out of the RTS games was Age of Empires 2, which I played quite often and enjoyed very much. My cousin was also big into Age of Empires with me, and we would compete agaisnt each other basically every weekend. One day last summer we went to a local LAN center together to have some fun. So we played Empire Earth and Age of Mythology for about two hours, and after finally becoming bored we both looked at the list of other games they had at the LAN center. As I was scrolling down the list, one name caught my eye: Serious Sam: The Second Encounter.

I never heard of Sam before, and neither had my cousin. So we give it a shot, and as the game loads up we saw the introduction demo, and saw that it was a shooting game. I never played any FPS(First Person Shooter) games for an extended period of time before, and the only ones I've ever heard of were Quake, Doom, and Unreal. I set up a server, and the map I chose was "Compound". We enter the game and the first thing we try to do is kill each other with the pistols, which of course took forever because we both had terrible aim. After I respawned, I went looking for other weapons. I went down one of those air shafts and picked up the cannon. "SBC Cannon, I bet this thing will do some damage", I thought to myself. I only had one cannonball so I wanted to make sure I got a good shot off. So I spotted my cousin, and took my shot. "Boom!". The cannon blew my cousin away. We both looked at each other and started laughing hysterically. We played around with some other weapons for a little bit longer and then the connection went dead, because our time at the LAN center was up. We both left satisfied with our time at the LAN center, and we talked mostly about our Age of Mythology games that we played on the ride back to my house. We didn't really speak much about Sam.

About two weeks later, I went looking in a Comp USA(a computer store) for a game to get for college. I was going to be a freshman, and I was looking for a game that I could just break off at any time and not play for four hours straight, like I used to do with Age of Empires. I was looking around for Quake 3, because I heard that it was a good, quick game with a great community. Unfortunately(or fortunately, depeding on the way you look at it), there we no more copies of the game. Not wanting to leave the store empty handed, I looked around for some other games. And at the bottom right hand corner of the shelf, there was one copy of Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. It was $20.00, and I figured why not.

At school, after getting myself settled, I installed Sam into my laptop. The name I always used for Age of Empires was 999999999, so I figured I would continue the tradition and use the same name for Serious Sam. I played a few games, and I started to like it. I was using powerups and any weapon I could get my hands on. I wasn't spamming per se, but I wasn't exactly aiming at all of my targets either. After about a week I started to get the hang of switching weapons, and started to figure out where some of the health and armor was on the maps. I still had no idea on many of the aspects of the game, and in one game in Red Station I asked everyone if the knife made you run faster. Someone named "JIMINATOR" answered me and said that yes, it will make you faster. I then proceeded to ask Jim some other questions, like "Is there any way to make the grenades fly farther" and "How can you pull up the zoom for the sniper rifle". He answered all of my questions, and he told me to come to gamemecca.net. I was so impressed by his kindness and playing skill that I decided I would.

Jim made a nice thread for me, and I felt very welcome here at GM. My first name here at GM was 999999, but with 32 nines, which was the maximum amount of characters allowed by the board. Of course, my name was far too long and was cropping off posts, so Machine PMed me and asked me politely if I would be willing to change my name. He explained why and I decided that I would just change it to "9.99repeating^32", which was the same name, just much shorter.

Jim was a member of the Outlaws at that time, and that fact combined with the Outlaws servers inspired me to try to join the Outlaws. Although I wasn't invited and was only 18 years old, I decided to ask anyway. They rejected me. I never mentioned it to anyone but I was pretty devastated by their decision; it didn't make sense to me why I wasn't allowed into their clan. I never did give up easily at anything in life, and this situation was no different, I was determined to earn their respect. So I played Sam, posted on the forums, and tried to be as nice as I possibly could, which wasn't too hard. I was hoping that they would change their mind, but they didn't.

After a few months of playing Sam I saw that Sirc was making a movie about Sam. I thought that it was a wonderful idea, and I sent him about 5 clipped demos of some of my best kills. About two weeks later, Sirc was banned, so rather than just forgetting about the movie idea, I decided to finish what we started. My first movie that I produced wasn't exceptional by any standard, but the real purpose of it was to inspire others to make them. It worked, and shortly after DarkAgent(EXEcution) produced his first movie.

I refined my skills, and continued to post on the forums. One day in Lost Tomb, I was playing well, when someone named "mod" called me a rocket whore, and a wall shooter. One of my primary focuses in Sam was to play fairly and with dignity, and I was so upset that I left that game, despite the fact that I had the victory within my grasp. I was thinking that if this one player felt this way, surely others must feel the same way about me. I decided to radically change my playing style. Working from the ground up, and feeling like Decartes as I did so, I eliminated everything that I felt was cheap. Every gun that did not take "skill" to use I promised myself that I would never use again. The only three weapons I was left with was the knife, pistol, and shotgun. Never again would someone call me a cheap player.

So I practiced and practiced with these three weapons, and I started to realize that it is possible to win games using only them. Later on, I decided to make another movie, this time emphasizing quality kills that took skill to get. I produced that movie, and was very happy with it. School ended, and with it, so did my cable connection. I came back home to a 56k connection and took a leave from Sam. I didn't play for about a month and a half, when one day my parents surprised me and told me that we were getting a DSL connection. I was, of course, extremely happy. I took up Sam again and continued to perfect my art of using "shotty only". To this day, I still only use three weapons, and try to avoid "spawn-killing players"/"killing unarmed players with a gun" that I know.

At the beginning of July, I logged onto the Outlaws clanmecca site to see if anything was going on. I was surprised to learn that they were going to be having a LAN party this year, and I contacted Shogun and asked him if non-Outlaws members were permitted for attending the party. He replied and said that they absolutely are welcome. I looked at this as an oppurtunity for them to get to know me on a personal level, and maybe change their mind about letting me join them. I got in touch with Iris and she filled me in on the details about the LAN party and I was really excited about meeting everyone in real life.

I reached the hotel and the receptionist told me where the LAN party was being set up. Not really sure what to expect, I stepped through the door and was recognized and enthusiastically welcomed by them, probably because they recognized my face from my avatar. I saw all of the machines and cables that they had hooked up, and was very impressed. To make a long story short, after hanging out with them for a few days, my wish from about one year ago came true, and they accepted me into their clan. I was extremely happy and relieved, and I had a smile on my face for that whole day. That was about a week ago, and now I am trying to represent them as best I can, both with my play in Sam and on the forums.

That's my Sam story. Without a doubt, the best $20.00 I've ever spent on a game, and maybe the best $20.00 I've ever spent in my life. It's amazing, looking back on it now and thinking that if that LAN center never had Sam installed on their machines, I would have never bought Sam, I would not be posting this now, and I would have never met all of these awesome people here at GM. Sam has enriched my life and I don't regret buying it in the least.

tet
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
gawd outlaws u CAN type :D

JIMINATOR
08-09-2004, 03:28 PM
congrats man, I have always thought you to be a classy and mature fellow, and your entry into outlaws was well deserved. :thumbs: What I find most surprising was your initial skill, SAM being your first FPS. Not to mention that you play on a laptop...

merkwannabe
08-09-2004, 05:45 PM
WOW. Nice post 999. I thought you were me for a second. I didn't know anyone else could be as descriptive. haha :p:

Yup, you are really good now. :eek:

I think I can remember you asking Jiminator some questions a long time ago. :) I don't think I was answering your questions though.. :Phear:

Nitro
08-10-2004, 01:33 AM
very nice stories everyone :thumbs:

Pathos
08-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Kick ass thread, Mr Wannabe! Big cheerio to everyone who replied. I just luuuuuuurve reading this kinda stuff. I'm especially appreciate of those who offered longer tales; some tres cool reads there! Made for a wonderful, Sam-based, literative feast baked to nostalgic perfection. [licks fingers clean]

Merkius, with regards to my own sorry tale (sadly lacking in fire breathing dragons or nubile hussies), I created a surprisingly similar thread many moons distant (not sure if it was before your time), except mine had that delightful "go commit suicide" aftertaste. Mmm. [rubs belly with bleeding wrists]

Lemme find the link.

EDIT: Done!
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5580

And man, lemme just say that reading some of the old threads i created in a nooby fit of unwashed, pseudo melancholy was a VERY sobering experience. [sign of the cross] I hereby humbly apologise for every post i've ever made about incest and sexual experimentation. [finds a NUN and shakes her hand]

FUS1ON
08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Sho stands up and applauds 9s on his story :thumbs:

DiTomasso
08-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Nice story 999, great happy ending :D

merkwannabe
08-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Kick ass thread, Mr Wannabe! awww. Thx :) I also appreciate everyone's efforts in recovering their pasts.

I had no idea it was done before. I registered in March and the thread was made in January.. I only came a few times before that. I never saw the potential in forums. ;)

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-05-2004, 11:29 PM
I bought Sam while on holiday in South Africa in Feb 2002. I found myself shawdowing my wife around a shopping mall so I popped into this game store and started looking through the computer games. I saw Sam. It looked appealing so i bought it.

After playing SP for a few months I noticed (quite by accident) the multi player functionality. So I started playing on line frag matches. It really blew me away. I remember playing this guy and i could never kill him. So I said 'why don't you die?' He said 'You have to hit me first' That was it, i had to improve!

I couldn't compete in the shotty wars, my skill was simply too bad. So I got into the cannon. After about a month I was unbeatable with the cannon. It became my signature. Everyone knew me as the cannon ho. But it used to piss some people off so in the end I made it my goal to get good with the shotty. I've had many good teachers: Black Wolf, Sasquatch, Chyll and more.

I joined a couple of clans, XXX and 666 were the first. Then In December 2003 I Joined GameMecca and started the Villains clan with 6 members. As you probably all know we have been here ever since and are now one of the biggest. A big thanks to Sal & Lev and all others at GM for letting us make this our home.

I've always been know as Die Hard. I occasionally use alias's (mainly to spy on what people are saying and doing)

For at least the last year I never use pups or the cannon. I can play with any weapon to a good standard and can compete at the highest level. There are really only a couple of guys out there that can beat me every time i play them.

I still love Sam. I have plenty of very competitve games. There are still spammers and campers but then there always were. They don't bother me. It's part of the game.

Roll on Sam 2 :thumbs:

I too remember the old 666 clan.........i remember your first games too...

Youve come a long way mate.....

He Is Legend
09-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Started when I was about 12 or 13 looking for a game to play cause i just baught a new comptuer..So i go to gamespot and look for the best rated game (if you look someyear sam is ranked #1 ;)) anyway..went out and baught the game..I had 56k so i was really laggy..i remember going into a cooperative server with a big red thing shooting at me..So i learn that there is a MP so I go to it..Play with alot of friends..Then..I meet a new friend from Axton (town in VA) Named Blake Williams (Psycho Marz) Me and him was into guitar at the time I wasnt into gaming as I thought I would be..One day I walk up to blakes house and bring sam..He had a pos laptop (with windows ME!!!! : () and was semi laggy..well actually..horrible...anyway..

He doesnt like it cause its super laggy so we bring it to my house, and he starts playing, we didnt know the difference between 56k and Cable..So long story short, I get cable and I love Sam now, My skill has increased amazingly..not a opinion..Blake plays and is freaking insane..Another long story short, He buys a computer and has cable and has gained the Skill he has now ;)

That's my story...Although sam has died..It was my first game I actually got good at..Will never forget it ;)

Snip3r
09-06-2004, 10:54 PM
I started playing the game when my dad bought the demo discs of both encounters. Back then I used the keyboard, since I really didn't play games on the PC that much and was used to doom, but when I went into single player for some reason I just started using the mouse, and it felt real comfortable, I had no trouble aiming. So then I finished SP, and I was like Hmmm I wonder what Multiplayer means. So I played multiplayer, and the first map I ever played was Compound wihen Slice was still Sliceun2. Then for some reason I got frecruited even though I was horrible and played on a horrible PC. I joined GoDs , and we had fun, then I got a new computer, and just exploded from there. And I was known as one of the best players in the game...Then I quit because of all the bull**** that was going on with the patch etc. So me and Slice became best e-friends , and he ended up sending me Counter Strike...Best thing that ever happened to me was him sending that disc. I played Counter Strike, became sick at it and never came back to Sam. Then last week I saw that GM was having a tourny, so for ****s and giggles I entered in and started playing again, and I haven't lost any of my skill, and that's my story.

Nitro
09-06-2004, 11:48 PM
I started playing the game when my dad bought the demo discs of both encounters. Back then I used the keyboard, since I really didn't play games on the PC that much and was used to doom, but when I went into single player for some reason I just started using the mouse, and it felt real comfortable, I had no trouble aiming. So then I finished SP, and I was like Hmmm I wonder what Multiplayer means. So I played multiplayer, and the first map I ever played was Compound wihen Slice was still Sliceun2. Then for some reason I got frecruited even though I was horrible and played on a horrible PC. I joined GoDs , and we had fun, then I got a new computer, and just exploded from there. And I was known as one of the best players in the game...Then I quit because of all the bull**** that was going on with the patch etc. So me and Slice became best e-friends , and he ended up sending me Counter Strike...Best thing that ever happened to me was him sending that disc. I played Counter Strike, became sick at it and never came back to Sam. Then last week I saw that GM was having a tourny, so for ****s and giggles I entered in and started playing again, and I haven't lost any of my skill, and that's my story.

Yea dude, you are pretty damn good :O

Herbus Maximus
09-07-2004, 05:50 AM
:wave: Hello everybloody!
For my first pc (a sad little hand-me-down w/chipset)I wanted to find a nice little something to play on it. I looked around and found Sam. I got it for the single player game which reminded me of DOOM and the whole style of the game made me a fan. I played that stupid game every day until I finished it. And still wanted more.
I had tried and liked other games like Quake and UT at the local arcade and thought...what the hell? I'll try multiplayer.
I was on dial-up then.
It was horrible. :eek:
Sam was in it's hayday then.
Machine, Hammer, eph and so many others were playing...it was an incredible learning curve for a noob.
But people were a lot nicer then too. I could respect the guy that shot my rockets down and killed me without effort..but still gave me respect for trying. People weren't complaining about weapon choices...they let the score and gameplay speak for them and their greatness still shines today for those of us that remember.
I was laughing, cursing, smoking and scratching my head in amazment from the shyt I saw in the servers. Then smoked a little more.
I stuck with it and got better. And got to know and respect the people I played against. Went to SeriousZone to find more Sam stuff and joined the foums there and then joined the exodus to GM.
A little over a year and a half ago I finally got a better machine. A P4 1.5 , an Nvidia 5200 and broadband.
It made me competitive again!:jammin:
Around that time I was asked to join the Reapers.
And here I be.

Sam has changed a bit...and has been for awhile.
People do bad mouth more...mistake greatness of skill for better pc's.. a general loss of respect for the other people out there just trying to have some fun. MP is rough enough for noobs not to have someone make them feel bad for how they play.
Oh well..some people's kids.
What can you do?
I still play Sam when I can and manage to have a blast doing so. It's the best damn 20 bucks I've ever spent and has given me some of the most enjoyable times I've ever had gaming.
And even better...I will be getting a new system soon and bigger broadband service too.:wootrock:

I will be competitive again. :jammin:
Just in time for HL and Sam too.
It's been a hellava' good time with all of you gamers and I thank you all for the fun you have given me!

DiTomasso
09-07-2004, 12:53 PM
It all started with Wolfestein on my c64. Then i saw doom, from that time i moved to pc and grown with the doom games enhancing the pc.

picked up ssfe demo and had a great time. Didn't have internet connection at that time, so singleplay it was.

A friend of mine got his first PC and i bought the ssse gold edition for us, i knew he would like it as much as i did. Played single player at each others house, then we got broadband connection and moved to the multiplayer.

OMG i still remember our first steps in the Hole and fortress, always trying to hide and keep a live. We moved on in the game, played against each other online.
Finally started playing in the "real" servers, found my way to GM and got an early invitation by TGR. Unfortunately i missed those "good old days" i read about on the forums.

The last year Sam and GM took over my life. Thank god i woke up in time.
Kicked the habbit and reduced play time. Boughta laptop for my shop, so when i have some time to spare (like now), i can do the GM forums shop (http://www.peterjohanzen.nl)

I am at a stage that i won't get angry anymore in the game, players can call me all names (NP). I just try to have fun!!!!! :D

Die Hard
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Nice stories and great looking shop DiTo [thumbs]

z°crazym0ntana
09-19-2004, 07:02 AM
oh free styler is that all you got to tell? what about the old days with sasquatch..