PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME DECIDE

Mad Fox
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
Im looking into buying a new computer!! Help me find the most bang for my buck please!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :lol: :lol:

EXEcution
07-07-2004, 01:55 PM
You gotta be more specific.
Whats your ideal price range.
WHat sorta system are you looking to biuld (proc, 32 or 64 bit)

JIMINATOR
07-07-2004, 02:54 PM
i think you have missed the huge deal, athlon 64 2800+ with board + farcry for $230 at newegg. you may want to check there, they might have something similar...

ME BIGGD01
07-07-2004, 02:56 PM
bang for buck you should go for xp platform. i suggest amd athlon xp 2800.

there is news today that all socket a boards will be able to upgrade again with amd's new chip called the sempron.

this is actually a shock t me but i am agan impressed with amd's abilty to keep peoples investment going without a total system upgrade. people with a socket a board will just need to update thre bios.

the sempron is a cut down version of the amd athlon64 bit chip. it will be a low voltage chip along with many of the same techs as the athlon64. considering you can get a nforce2 board that supports dual channel for under 100 bucks with every feature (asus a7n8x-e deluxe--price $90.00) and an athlon xp2800 110.00-130.00) is pretty damn good.

the sempron will not be a 64 bit capable chip.

eventually, the 754 chip chips will be used just for semprons in a year or two.

best bang for buck should not be the deciding factor always but it sure is good when you know the investment is going to provide you with excellent performance along with the ability to upgrade. you can build an athlon xp system for 500 bucks and have 1 hell of a system that plays any game and then some. if you need to proof of that, i will quote it for you :thumbs:

Bingo
07-08-2004, 02:38 AM
If you are looking for a built system, ready to go out of the box...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my system from cyberpowerpc.com

It's been excellent, and the system came when it was supposed to, and exactly as it was supposed to.

Bingo

PJ'l_Master
07-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Bingo@Jul 7 2004, 10:38 PM
If you are looking for a built system, ready to go out of the box...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my system from cyberpowerpc.com

It's been excellent, and the system came when it was supposed to, and exactly as it was supposed to.

Bingo
my neighbor just ordered his computer from there too, but it hasnt came yet...

i think he got he gamer infinity 9800 pro from cyberpowerpc.com