PDA

View Full Version : Question about Painkiller

skabzvice
07-08-2004, 07:11 AM
What exactly does the alternate fire on the Shotgun do? I have tried shooing monsters, souls, etc.. Nothing happens.

How do they expect you to collect all the souls? They dissapear too fast for me.

It's 100 souls to turn into berserk mode or whatever, right?

That would be super if you could answer these anyone.

Thanks in advance.

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
07-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Hey bud,

Well, the alternate fire on the shotgun will shoot out a "freezer" blast projectile. If you hit most low level things with it, it will freeze them in place for a short amount of time; maybe twenty seconds or so. When an enemy is frozen, you can usually hit them with anything and they will explode into a million pieces(this includes the painkiller weapon).

In terms of souls, you just need to be quick and make them a priority to get. They do make a big difference, espically when you get 66 of them, which will turn you into a demon; which essentially means you can't die and everything is a one-shot kill for about 30 seconds or so.

SoulReaver
07-08-2004, 02:15 PM
There is a tarot card which I have that collects souls automatically if you are in the area they are in.

JIMINATOR
07-08-2004, 03:09 PM
66 souls or 50 with a card modifier. you never need to collect them all.
they give one point, 3 point for red souls, and it is doubled with
a card modifier (on next to last level i think)

skabzvice
07-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys. I might have some more questions the more I play through the game, so I'll just ask away when I get them.