43 Earth Wave
Ground Target 3.0s/1s/6s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 155 d (Mttr) 27 power

AOE ROOT
42 Buckling Earth
Enemy 2.5s/1m 4s/0s Rng: 1500 Area: 350 -99% (Mttr) 27 power

Thinking of leveling an Earth Wizzy

Death Engineer
07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Gimp? No. Try taking an earth wizzy solo....not a pretty sight.

The fact is that their group abilities just aren't that great until end of game RvR. The dots don't do enough damage to be worthwhile unless combined with other spells.

People would just rather play ice or fire.

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-08-2004, 06:50 PM
DOT would be for interupts not kills. :P

There bolt is almost as strong as the fire wizard's. PLus they get the AOE root and AOE snare. why are there not more people that play them?

Sauron
07-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Hmm from the few kills i made with my Wizzy (respecced to earth for test purposes) i don't notice that much of a difference in soloing with him!

Death Engineer
07-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 8 2004, 01:50 PM
DOT would be for interupts not kills. :P

There bolt is almost as strong as the fire wizard's. PLus they get the AOE root and AOE snare. why are there not more people that play them?
Dots only interrupt on the first tick from what I know. I'd just as soon interrupt with a full power DD than a wimpy 84 hits per tick. That just gives their healer a chance to respond. That's just IMHO.

DE

Slash
07-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Dots will interrupt for their entire duration. They suck when you are trying to cast.

Sepra
07-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Slash@Jul 8 2004, 06:33 PM
Dots will interrupt for their entire duration. They suck when you are trying to cast.
+ with a capped out bonus to spell duration....../cry

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-09-2004, 12:52 AM
When I get DOTed it pretty much shuts me down till it wears off.

Saretta
07-09-2004, 08:30 AM
Dotted healer :down:

even interrupts my cure poison :bawling:

But for doted casters and with purge for everyone dots are not really great anymore....

What I think is cool for earth wizzies in the gtaoe (u don't have to stand in the middle of the enemies to get the same effect as pbaoe ice)
The aoe root is of course nice and dd+snare rocks (i love the dd+snare with my ice wizzy although for soloing the aoe dd+snare is not soo good - otherwise u still have your aoe root :P).
For soloing: U get a bolt in the specline just no normal dd which means u have to use dd fire base and dd ice base for the nuking after the bolts

the dot - it's too bad it's no aoe dot :(

With the old frontiers there were many wizzies who went earth for bg 3 and really loved it but they said for big RvR fire would be the better choice.
I recently read some things about earth wizzies in the elementalist forum on vn - those would give (if u substract the common whining posts) some good pros and contras for rolling an earth wizzy.

Death Engineer
07-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Hmm....I dunno what the difference is, but when I get dotted, I stand still after the first tick...wait for the second and then cure disease/poison. It works for me. I couldn't find the grab bag, but Sanya covered this a while ago. I could swear that her statements was that the intention was for only the first tick to interrupt. She did say that there were bugs with some of the dots that may cause interruptions on the second tick. This was a long time ago though.

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Jul 9 2004, 10:33 AM
Hmm....I dunno what the difference is, but when I get dotted, I stand still after the first tick...wait for the second and then cure disease/poison.  It works for me.  I couldn't find the grab bag, but Sanya covered this a while ago.  I could swear that her statements was that the intention was for only the first tick to interrupt.  She did say that there were bugs with some of the dots that may cause interruptions on the second tick.  This was a long time ago though.
Yeah, the problem is when your cleric is too busy trying to keep the group alive to do a Cure Disease.

Death Engineer
07-09-2004, 06:01 PM
ML1 -- Group Cure Disease. Cast time is 4.0s, but it's worth it if you get hit with an aoe dot.

Saretta
07-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine+Jul 9 2004, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS The Machine @ Jul 9 2004, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Death Engineer@Jul 9 2004, 10:33 AM
Hmm....I dunno what the difference is, but when I get dotted, I stand still after the first tick...wait for the second and then cure disease/poison.* It works for me.* I couldn&#39;t find the grab bag, but Sanya covered this a while ago.* I could swear that her statements was that the intention was for only the first tick to interrupt.* She did say that there were bugs with some of the dots that may cause interruptions on the second tick.* This was a long time ago though.
Yeah, the problem is when your cleric is too busy trying to keep the group alive to do a Cure Disease. [/b][/quote]
U need a cure poison to get rid of dots