PDA

View Full Version : A tour around the Yodeller forest

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:04 AM
I decided to take a little tour today in every single tree in Yodeller.
Here is how my expedition went.

This is how level of difficulty will be judged:
Level 1: Fairly easy to get onto
Level 2: Quite a few tries needed to get, but still not extremely hard
Level 3: Extremely difficult to get onto; many attempts are needed

Alright, with that said, let's start our tour...

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Tree #1
Difficulty: Level 1

This one was fairly easy to get onto and quite a regular to players with sniper rifles.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Tree #2
Difficulty: Level 2

This one was a bit more difficult to get onto but in a few tries it is possible. Also, a very nice tree to use a shiper from.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:06 AM
Tree #3

This tree is quite easy to get onto if you use the house right behind me. A great place for using grenade launcher and, again, sniper rifle.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Tree #4

This tree is fairly difficult to get onto and is not advised for use during a fragmatch. This is because the house right in front of me is at a 20 degree or so angle, thus making thejump diagonal in nature. Precise accuracy upon landing on it is necessary. However, once in the tree, the use of the trusy sniper rifle is great. Also, a double barrel shotgun is advised for using from this tree.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:08 AM
Tree #5

With the proper timing, this tree can be jumped onto a one try. However, if not using the precise angle of elevation, you will be cursng at your monitor and attempting this tree quite a few times. Recommended guns here are: sniper rifle, chaingun, double darrel shotgun, and grenade launcher.

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/9194/Tree5.jpg

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:08 AM
Tree #6

This tree is fairly easy to jump onto also, if you double jump at an angle of elevation of about 80 degrees. Be careful not to jump at a low angle or else you will be jumping there all day. The recommended weapon here is the shotgun.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:09 AM
Tree #7
Difficulty: Level 3

This tree is extremely difficult to get onto. If it quite far from any house, making the jmup onto it rediculously hard. Not recommended during a fragmatch because of its desolate isolation. However, if you were to use it, use the chaingun here.

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/1225/Tree7.jpg

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:10 AM
Tree #8

This tree is also quite hard to jump onto. However, it is close to the house in front of me, making this an easy spot to get onto in a few tries. Recommended guns include shotgun and chaingun.

http://img43.exs.cx/img43/7936/Tree8.jpg

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:11 AM
Tree #9

You will wish you never attemped to sit onto of this short and plump tree. Extremely difficult to get onto. The distance adn angle of elevation that has to be used both make this tree a category 3. However, if you have the nerve to sit on top of this bad boy, use the sniper rifile and chaingun.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:21 AM
Tree #10

This tree is a particular misfit, as are many of the trees behind the windmill. The house adjacent to it is positioned at a 25 degree angle, making getting onto it quite hard. However, not impossible. Just the correct gentle tap of your jump key and no use of double jumping should get you onto this tree. The use of any weapon besides the rocket launcher and laser gun is preferred here.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Tree #11

A jump onto a tree could not be easier. All that is needed is for a person to double jump from the house opposite the rocket launcher, and onto the very tall house near the cannon. When this is accomplished, you just have to walk over to the right and "fall into the tree" so to speak. A sniper rifle is the best weapon for this area. As is also a double barrel shotgun for weakening the enemy.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:22 AM
Tree #12

This tree has the amazing wuality of being close to a house but quite difficult to get onto. Follow the instructions on how to get to the tall house as provided in the previous post, then, while on the house, double jump diagonally and at a high angle of elevation. Do not forget to jump lightly, or else you will jump onto the winddmill's patio. Recommended guns include the sinper rifle and grenade launcher.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:24 AM
Tree #13

This tree doesnt live up to what it is known for..a big bad tall tree who hates visitors. This is not true. I myself have successfully jumped onto this tree in one attempt. To get onto it, you need to first get ontop of the windmill. Then, proceed to be in a straight line with the tree. Double jump using your jmup key for quite a long time. You should land right on top of the tree. Recommended arsenal here inculdes sniper rifle and chaingun.

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/7739/Tree13.jpg

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Tree #14

Serious Sam does not have a more despised, hideous, and wretched tree in any map created. This tree is positioned so that it is extremely difficult to jump onto, no matter what house or angle of elevation you use. However, the house opposite the rocket launcher house is strongly recommended. Double jump diagonally to jump onto it. Many attempts will be necessary. Also, you can double jump diagonally, and do a 180 spin to land on it. The first method is much more effective. A recommended gun would be a model destroyer to destroy this tree. However, for now we may use the sniper rifle, shotgun, grenage launcher, and chaingun.

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Tree #15

This tree may be mastered my skilled players in one jump. However for most players, quite a few attempts are needed. A smooth double jump will do the trick. Be sure to hold the jump button not too short, and not too long. A sniper rifle does wonders in this tree.

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/2295/Tree15.jpg

Nitro
07-09-2004, 03:26 AM
I hope you enjoyed our stroll through the woods of Yodeller and may you make a nice, jumpsessful day :wave:

OUTLAWS Tip
07-09-2004, 04:45 AM
TREEHOPPER!!!

Nice tour.
:cool: :wootrock: :wootrock:

DiTomasso
07-09-2004, 12:42 PM
better use your chainsaw when youre in those tree's.

Aries
07-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Nitro's mom: I told ya before, don't go around showing your woody to everyone on the net.... :oooo:

it must be Freudian :lol:

Pure_Evil
07-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Aries@Jul 9 2004, 01:08 PM
Nitro's mom: I told ya before, don't go around showing your woody to everyone on the net.... :oooo:

it must be Freudian :lol:
:rofl: lol

Die Hard
07-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Great tour Nitro, but jeez you must be bored :online2long:

Nitro
07-11-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jul 9 2004, 05:54 PM
Great tour Nitro, but jeez you must be bored :online2long:
Well, I thought I'd change the pace of what ppl post in the screenshot section since every topic is the same: a win added to the thousands of wins posted.
I just wanted to give something different and to show that you can get onto every tree in Yodeller :thumbs: