PDA

View Full Version : Signatures and avatars????

DiTomasso
07-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Resized my avatar, its there in my cp, but its not in the post???

Used img to get my signature back, but its not working. Some text is in the previeuw but no image.??? :D

Were are the screenies???

DiTomasso
07-14-2004, 03:28 PM
its ok now found it

SALvation
07-14-2004, 03:33 PM
I see your avatar and sig just fine. let me know if you need more help.

C2H5OH Guy
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM

Used img to get my signature back, but its not working. Some text is in the previeuw but no image.??? :D

You can activate stuff to see others avatars and suff in "User CP" => "Edit Options"!

DiTomasso
07-14-2004, 09:31 PM
I see your avatar and sig just fine. let me know if you need more help.

Its OK i think i almost found everything :D

Mpulse
03-02-2006, 12:40 AM

Can someone please tell me what is a sig and what is an avatar?? How do I get them?

-Mpulse

BobtheCkroach
03-02-2006, 01:02 AM
A sig (short for "signature") is what you see below most posts. For instance, below mine post you'll see a line, an image for xfire, and then a quote (i can't remember what it is right now)

You can edit your signature by going to UserCP->Edit Signature and then typing in the box and saving (the exact same way you'd do a post in the forum.)

An avatar is the icon located right below your username on the left (mine is a hand holding a madagascar hissing cockroach. This is kind of like your personal "icon", which most people will come to identify you by, in time (unless your name is Die Hard...then you change your avatar so frickin' fast that no one knows what's happening at all :P)

Anyways, your avatar can be changed/set by going to UserCP->Edit Avatar. You can either choose to link to one online, or upload a picture that you have sitting around on your computer.

A couple of notes: the avatar has to be less than 125 by 125 pixels or 97.7 KB. You can't upload it / view it if it isn't. While they're no real rule on signature size, if your signature is huge, you may get chewed out by the admins, since it's a distraction. DiTomasso does a good job of having a sig that's right on the line. Keep it right about there, or under and you'll be fine. You should be able to find some rules about stuff like this in the main section @ the very top of the main page of the forum.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask more! :thumbs:

Oh, and welcome to GM! :thumbs:

SHOTGUNmaniac
03-02-2006, 01:23 AM
A sig (short for "signature") is what you see below most posts. For instance, below mine post you'll see a line, an image for xfire, and then a quote (i can't remember what it is right now)

You can edit your signature by going to UserCP->Edit Signature and then typing in the box and saving (the exact same way you'd do a post in the forum.)

An avatar is the icon located right below your username on the left (mine is a hand holding a madagascar hissing cockroach. This is kind of like your personal "icon", which most people will come to identify you by, in time (unless your name is Die Hard...then you change your avatar so frickin' fast that no one knows what's happening at all :P)

Anyways, your avatar can be changed/set by going to UserCP->Edit Avatar. You can either choose to link to one online, or upload a picture that you have sitting around on your computer.

A couple of notes: the avatar has to be less than 125 by 125 pixels or 97.7 KB. You can't upload it / view it if it isn't. While they're no real rule on signature size, if your signature is huge, you may get chewed out by the admins, since it's a distraction. DiTomasso does a good job of having a sig that's right on the line. Keep it right about there, or under and you'll be fine. You should be able to find some rules about stuff like this in the main section @ the very top of the main page of the forum.

Hope that helps - feel free to ask more! :thumbs:

Oh, and welcome to GM! :thumbs:

lol that looks like a quote from a user manual......

BobtheCkroach
03-02-2006, 01:26 AM
lol that looks like a quote from a user manual......

Why thank you!

BobtheCkroach v2.0 @ your service :P

Mpulse
03-02-2006, 11:29 PM
I like Krazy's signature.... I think someone else made it for him, though. I tried to place an image / picture in the window for my signature, but every time I click on the "image" icon, another box pops up asking for an URL (??!) What the heck is that about?? Why can't I just drag and drop an image straight from my hard drive?

BobtheCkroach
03-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I like Krazy's signature.... I think someone else made it for him, though. I tried to place an image / picture in the window for my signature, but every time I click on the "image" icon, another box pops up asking for an URL (??!) What the heck is that about?? Why can't I just drag and drop an image straight from my hard drive?

I'm not sure why you can load avatars but not sig pictures, but you can't. That's just the way it works (probably has more to do with the forum software than anything). Anyways, if you want to use something you have locally, create an account at photobucket.com From there, you can upload anything you want, and pb.com will give you the link you need to put in the the forum so that it works! :thumbs:

SoulReaver
03-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Nope. Host it somewhere. I recommend imageshack, search on google for it. After you host it and get the URL then insert it where it asks you for a URL.

BobtheCkroach
03-02-2006, 11:43 PM
i've never used imageshack, which means it must be inferior :P

Siron Ex
03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I know it's offtopic, but why are some Members able to use animated Avas and if I try to upload one always sth like that: *You aren't allowed to upload animated avatars*

FUS1ON
03-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Because the animated ones are not hosted here at GM. We used a Free image hosting site like http://imageshack.us/ Right click a image and check the properties and you can tell where a image is hosted at.

SoulReaver
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
/\
|
|
|

Shogun uses it. He's always right. ;)

i've never used imageshack, which means it must be inferior :P