PDA

View Full Version : Throwing melee'ers a bone?

Death Engineer
07-15-2004, 09:05 PM
A new ability for characters with little or no range capability has been added to New Frontiers: the ability to bind to a Keep Lord/Tower Captain.

This ability lets players of the supported classes "/recall" their corpses to the Lord/Captain's location after a death for a safe resurrection by a friendly resurrection class. To take advantage of this feature, a supported class must first right-click on the Lord/Captain and "bind" to him. This temporary bind lasts for 30 minutes, and a warning will be given to the player when the timer runs out, or when they are out of range of the keep/tower.

Classes that can use the "/recall" are: Armsman, Bard, Berserker, Blademaster, Champion, Cleric, Druid, Friar, Healer, Hero, Mercenary, Minstrel, Paladin, Reaver, Savage, Shaman, Skald, Thane, Valewalker, Warden, and Warrior.

This is hilarious to me. Can anyone tell me why this is desired or useful? IMHO tanks are not going to come back to NF for this.

AND....

- In light of Pendragon testing, we've decided to lessen the hitpoint reduction to Animist fire and forget turrets. The original reduction was 70%; the new value is 60%, which means that on Pendragon, turret hit points have been slightly increased. We'll test turrets at this level and make future adjustments as necessary.

Dang. Can you say nerf?? :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-15-2004, 10:39 PM
What a bone they toss us Tanks. how sad.

Saretta
07-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Well I guess for a cleric it is usefull...
I often die when I try to rez and when this gd support line is not working I have to release to cs take boat back etc... die again because drop off is camped ... so with this new thing I could just say /recall and would be back in the lord room and can try again - saves lots of time and may prevent some from autorelease.
It reduces the time u need for your way back.
But I don't see how it should help tanks in nf because they are still reduced to bg, lord killing and siege usage.