PDA

View Full Version : Need Help; Windows Explorer crashes

Oscar(WCFD)
07-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I don't know where else to turn, I've been reading these forums since it started and you guys are pretty sharp on computer problems, and I can sure use your help here. My problem is that Windows Explorer crashes after 30 or 40 sec. I cant do anything with my files. I have searched the Microsoft site but I cant find anything that helps, I would really appreciate it if somebody here can point me in the right direction or have a solution for my problem.
This is what i get when it crashes, hope it helps. I'm using XP home.

SALvation
07-16-2004, 01:15 PM
Can you click the link to show the technical information and post a screen of it? Does it crash after you click something or by itself after a bit?

JIMINATOR
07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63346

you are probably suffering from spyware

Oscar(WCFD)
07-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Sal ... Jim... Thanks for the replies.
I don't or probably never will understand Windows OS :)
I brought up windows explorer to get some more screen shots of the error message and it seems to have fixed it self????
Yesterday I was trying to create some new folders in FarCry for a custom map and I would get as far as naming the new folder and it would crash and go back to the desktop and close out everything in task bar except the volume control, now today I was in there and and created the new folders and messed around for 10 min and it seems to be working, with Windows being the creature it is I'll be holding my breath for a couple days, if it happens again I'll be sure to post some screen shots of the tech stuff it gives you.
Thanks again guys I really appreciate the help.

JIMINATOR
07-16-2004, 07:45 PM
well, j00 gotta reboot every once in a while.
sometimes that fixes stuff

Oscar(WCFD)
07-16-2004, 08:58 PM
well, j00 gotta reboot every once in a while.
sometimes that fixes stuff

The funny thing is that I did several restarts and a couple of shut downs and reboots during that time and it didn't help. go figger?????? :)

JIMINATOR
07-16-2004, 09:09 PM
go figger

well, that wasn't quite what they called me, but ok.... :D