PDA

View Full Version : I have no idea what the prob is

PJ'l_Master
07-16-2004, 02:22 PM
okay heres the deal

i have another computer at home that is not displaying any video and i cant figure out why

here is what it does

when i turn on the power the monitor power light just flashes (on an old one, the new one is solid amber)

here is what i have done

tried to good vid cards
tried a known good monitor
reseated ram
checked proc for damage and reseated it
tried cleaning out AGP slot but i didnt have a can of air to do it right
and the same thing happened on the old mobo

its an Asus a7v333-x mobo w/ an unknown asus nvidia card (the other card is a radeon 7500)

any thoughts?

SALvation
07-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Can you hear the fans running? Are there any beeps from the motherboard when you power up?

PJ'l_Master
07-16-2004, 03:13 PM
all the fans that are plugged in are running...and there are no beeps

oh yeah i replaced the PSU with a known good too

Mad Fox
07-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I have had this problem before what happened was the video card had dust on the part u plug into the motherboard i cleaned it up and then i reattached and it worked great try it it s worth your time!

ME BIGGD01
07-16-2004, 11:14 PM
the a7v is known for this. you should reset bios to resolve the issue. i suggest making sure the power plug is out and have the jumper on reset mode for about 1 minute. while on reset mode hit the start button even though plug is out and the jumper or cmos battery is off. upon reboot, make sure you configure the bios to the correct settings. this problem occurs due to heat. i suggest manually setting the ju,pers on the board to the clock ratio of the cpu. do not let it do it manually.

BobtheCkroach
08-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Have you tried a PCI vid card...maybe the AGP video slot on the mobo is dead?