PDA

View Full Version : Oh My Friggin' God, Man!!

Alexis SC430
07-20-2004, 03:50 PM
Julia just bought Unreal Tournament 2004 last night and I just now played it for the first time. Now, as someone who has played nothing but Sam for over a month, I was really not prepared for what I saw.

My first thought when I saw the server list was, "OH MY FRIGGIN' GOD, MAN!!" :eek:

I expected three or maybe four times the number of Sam servers, but JESUS H CHRIST, there must have been THOUSANDS!! I looked high and low for something that said "GameMecca.net" or "Downward Spiral", but there were just too damn many!! EEEEEK!!

Also, I set the quality of all my graphics down to LOW and turned off all the shadows and stuff for better performance. But, when I actually entered a server... ummmm, WTF??? Did I mess up??? It appears that all the graphics are still in crystal clear, ultra smooth shape -- oh my God, this IS the low detail setting!!

And the smoothness, the lack of lag, the REALISM... I damn near DIED (well, I did a lot being that there I am a n00b once again)!

It was something I was definately NOT prepared for. Different than Sam? Oh, maybe JUST A TAD!!

So, where do most of you guys game at? I have no clue how to find you since there are not just three or four popular servers like in Sam...

Oh... my... friggin... God...

PJ'l_Master
07-20-2004, 04:15 PM
add {DS}* to your buddy list...

we have an open practice tonight at 8:30 PM EST

the pw is idiot

Fragetti
07-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Nice A!
come and join us
the Gammecca UT server is 216.15.134.221:7777 PW GM
{DS} server is IP 66.208.105.240:7777 PW idiot
Go into game then server browser click on faverites then right click and add IP
Frag

Pure_Evil
07-20-2004, 04:41 PM
make sure you add the CBP maps (http://www.planetunreal.com/cbp/) they're huge bonus packs.

also check out the 1 v1 server frag and I set up Duel server info (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63643)

there's also a patch out too.

The {DS} games are a lot of fun and they will be more than willing to get you up to speed. There are some good tips here (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63611)

that should get you started, welcome to the UT community :thumbs:

Goober
07-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the not so dark side of online gaming.......You're gonna love it.
Come practice with us.

Herbus Maximus
07-21-2004, 01:27 AM
Quite a nice change isn't it, Alexis. ;^D

I've been playing around in UT too and it's been a kick in the @ss.
I'll add the {DS} and Outlaws' to my list too.
Hope to see some of you around!

NightBreed
07-21-2004, 02:31 AM
Hope to see some of you around!

I'm going to do the same if you guys don't mind, see ya there !! :wootrock:

merkwannabe
07-21-2004, 05:18 AM
Quite a nice change isn't it, Alexis. ;^D

I've been playing around in UT too and it's been a kick in the @ss.
Hope to see some of you around!Ya, Sam seems like such a waste of time now doesn't it. Then again, my total UT play time is probably under 2 hours so who am I to talk! :rolleyes:

Alexis SC430
07-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Sam is still my choice time waster... :lol:

Herbus Maximus
07-21-2004, 11:34 PM
Is TGR playing with some sort of tag?
I'm going to be using <:TGR:>@Herbus@
Seriously Stoned is going to play too...but I'm not certain what his tag is going to be. ;^)

Aries
07-31-2004, 12:06 AM
)CF(* for Complete Finishers

EXEcution
08-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Yep its alot different than ssam, hope to cya in game alex.

PJ'l_Master
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm going to do the same if you guys don't mind, see ya there !! :wootrock:

why would we mind?