PDA

View Full Version : Stumped

Caged Anger
07-24-2004, 02:45 AM
This has been going on for a while now. I dial up my net, sign in, then the computer semi freezes. As in no programs will run for 10-15 minutes. Highly aggrevating and annoying. It has all the characteristics of a spybot or adware, but none of the removers are picking up anything but the usual crap. I have no idea what it can be anymore because I've tried everything else. Once again I put it to the great minds of Gamemeccians!

Sacrifice
07-24-2004, 03:21 AM
this happened to me, it forced me to reformat.. .sorry :(

JIMINATOR
07-24-2004, 04:44 AM
i have a pinned topic at the top of this forum

ME BIGGD01
07-24-2004, 07:26 AM
although spyware can be suspected, i would suggest checking the dial up properties. have you done any windows updates lately? if not, i suggest you do them asap. if so, see if something has been altered after a software install or update. you can go into dial up properties and double check settings also try using another server to dial into. I also suggest looking for the updated browser such as aol or what ever you use. you can reinstall your isp software but recceomd deleting your dialup connection first so you do not run into the same problem.

Caged Anger
07-24-2004, 12:29 PM
also try using another server to dial into.
sorry, its just that i don't think my ISP even has 2 servers, lolol

thx guys, I'll see if any of these things work. Hopefully, no reformatting.

Mad Fox
07-24-2004, 01:47 PM
sorry, its just that i don't think my ISP even has 2 servers, lolol

thx guys, I'll see if any of these things work. Hopefully, no reformatting.

Caged I know for sure that your Isp doesn't have two srevers! I have asked.

Caged Anger
07-25-2004, 03:13 AM
sstill isn't gone. I updated everything and whipped every bot. Any other ideas?

Caged Anger
07-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Ok, it's still not gone and whenever i open IE, it sends me to MSN. I put it for blank every time and it still redirects me to MSN. Is there a bot that isn't detected yet?

OUTLAWS Tip
07-26-2004, 04:06 PM
I use a pop-up stopper called Surfer MK II. In the options for the program, you can lock your homepage.

Link to free download (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/freesurfer.html)

I downloaded the program last August and so far it has stopped 22,124 pop-ups. That's a lot of clicks I didn't have to make, and it stops you from accidentally hit the wrong button and installing someones crap on your pc.
:D