PDA

View Full Version : music format conversion

PJ'l_Master
08-02-2004, 10:34 AM
i need a program that can convert all my AAC format files back to MP3 format...any ideas anyone?

BobtheCkroach
08-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Dear PJ'l_Master,

Here is what you need to do.

1) Get ahold of a CD-RW. (You can use an -R, but it may take several.)
2) Grab all of your AAC files in ITunes and create a playlist. Go to Edit, then View Preferences, and click on the "Burning" tab. Select the MP3 format option, and burn all of your AACs onto a CD as MP3s (using ITunes, of course). Then, delete all of those AAC files and drop the MP3 files from the CD back onto your machine.
3)If necessary, erase the files on the -RW (or get a second -R) and repeat.

Finally, go to Edit, then View Preferences. Click the "Importing" tab, and change the Encoder from an AAC encoder to an MP3 encoder. Yeah! Now when you import CD files, you get MP3s, not AAC files.

You're welcome. :p:

BobtheCkroach
08-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Or hey, now that I look into it, you could also just right-click on the file and say "Convert Selection Into MP3"...

PJ'l_Master
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Or hey, now that I look into it, you could also just right-click on the file and say "Convert Selection Into MP3"...

so...yeah...WTF are you talking about

you have to be more specific

BobtheCkroach
08-02-2004, 11:23 PM
so...yeah...WTF are you talking about

you have to be more specific

In your ITunes library, right click on the file and convert selection.

PJ'l_Master
08-02-2004, 11:46 PM
yeah...it converts to AAC NOT MP3

BobtheCkroach
08-03-2004, 12:49 AM
If you go Edit -> View Preferences -> Importing, and change the encoder to the MP3 encoder, you should be fine...as previously stated...

PJ'l_Master
08-03-2004, 10:47 AM
If you go Edit -> View Preferences -> Importing, and change the encoder to the MP3 encoder, you should be fine...as previously stated...

okay i'll try that