PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 Movement Movie

EXEcution
08-02-2004, 03:56 PM
http://files.filefront.com/3574346;/own-age/vids/doom3
Just click download and wait in line for less than a minute to check out this awesome doom 3 "tricking" vid.
It gives you some sort of idea as to how high you can jump and rocket boost (bunny hopping and platform jumps too)
Its about 100 Megs so have a look.

PJ'l_Master
08-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Downloading now

EXEcution
08-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Watch It Or Die!1!!11!!!

Sauron
08-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Watch It Or Die!1!!11!!!
Burial will be held next week :p:

PJ'l_Master
08-02-2004, 11:46 PM
that was pretty stuipd if i say so myself

BobtheCkroach
08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
That was long and unfun.

EXEcution
08-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Ok the guy stated in the beginning (and the readme) that the purpose of the movie was to simply show what movement was like in doom 3 and the tricking capabilities (if new bigger maps are made) it was just an example, and its probably the first unofficial user created doom 3 movie, considering that it took him an hour to make i'd say that he did a damn good job, stupid or not i'd love to see you guys do better

BobtheCkroach
08-03-2004, 06:40 AM
I never claimed I could make a better movie. I can, however, blow myself up with a rocket launcher! :thumbs:

PJ'l_Master
08-03-2004, 10:44 AM
i have made a cooler movie than that i just have no way of uploading it

EXEcution
08-03-2004, 12:11 PM
there in lies your problem, i have a site you can go to specifically for game movies and they let you upload it to a server for free
Also i could post, what in my opinion is the best game movie EVER, unfortunately its Q3 trickjumping and since almost no one here plays q3 no one would download it. I post things that would appeal to the public, and a doom 3 movie seems fitting, it sure beats the hell out of watching a freaking trailer.

PJ'l_Master
08-03-2004, 12:39 PM
there in lies your problem, i have a site you can go to specifically for game movies and they let you upload it to a server for free
Also i could post, what in my opinion is the best game movie EVER, unfortunately its Q3 trickjumping and since almost no one here plays q3 no one would download it. I post things that would appeal to the public, and a doom 3 movie seems fitting, it sure beats the hell out of watching a freaking trailer.

i dont care to upload it...so i dont...

and im not saying that it was horrible but it wasnt very interesting watching a guy shoot rockets at the ground for 5 minutes...the game looks great yes and there is lots of interest here about that game, in fact i just ordered it myself an hour ago but i just didnt like that particular movie...i have liked the ones you made. If you dont agree w/ my opinion of the movie well i guess thats just too bad

:wave:

Death Engineer
08-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I downloaded the movie. I, too, wasn't terribly impressed with the content. It would probably make you more appreciative after you have played the game... and perhaps those particular levels. I'll give him props for releasing one of the first vids though.

PJ'l_Master
08-03-2004, 02:48 PM
I downloaded the movie. I, too, wasn't terribly impressed with the content. It would probably make you more appreciative after you have played the game... and perhaps those particular levels. I'll give him props for releasing one of the first vids though.

oh yeah it was released really fast