PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word

noldhor
08-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Okay, I tried to install microsoft office on my uncle's pc but it didnt work, some errors windows open and I cant install. Unfortunately i cant tell what are the errors, i just dont remember. I would like to know if its possible to install only Word, nothing else bcs its the only prog he needs. Someone know a way to install Microsoft Word without the rest of office Cds?

SALvation
08-11-2004, 01:25 PM
At the beginning of the installation process it gives you the option of what you want installed. Just uncheck everything else.

ME BIGGD01
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
cant help if you dont give error messages. try installing it again and get the message.

noldhor
08-11-2004, 06:58 PM
Yes I know guys, what i mean is, because its not possible to install the cds bcs i get an error at the beginning of the install, is there another way to install Word, maybe by opening the cds files and copy a file to my pc without using the Install wizard. or any other ways to install it without the wizard. Yes for sure if I return at my uncle's home i will send screenshots of the errors windows

SALvation
08-11-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the only way is with CDs. Office products get so integrated into Windows that its impossible to simply cut and paste and installation.

noldhor
08-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Okay thx Salvation. I wil just try to see what is going wrong with the insall and maybe ill post something abt it if i canot fix it

JIMINATOR
08-11-2004, 08:25 PM
just tell him to open notepad, or if he is a more sophisticated user, wordpad... :D

but really though I think if you copy all files to a folder on your computer, then you should be able to run setup from the folder, i think the first one has the main apps, otherwise it will ask for the other ones it needs.

if you get a crc error while copying, then the cd or drive is bad. take the cd out and look for scratches...

noldhor
08-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Lol wordpad yeah hehehe

well, im not sure but i think that it was a .DLL error file or something like that, could not open a dll file i think. but lets see, i will try:)

ME BIGGD01
08-12-2004, 11:51 PM
if you have a problem installing, we can net meet and i will install it for ya remotely. it sounds like you may have a older or previous copy preventing you to install.

catch me on msn if need help.

<<Hybrid>>
09-04-2004, 06:20 PM
check this site out...
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/
it contains good *all you want* where serious people helps each other with mostly known PC problems
also its full of good downloads, shareware and trials (i found good stuff of security also)
edited: oops, wrong word, totaly forgot

FUS1ON
09-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Better than that site ...
http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?
It contains an excellent forum where serious people help each other with mostly known PC problems because they have this anti-spammer a-hole named Shogun that deletes all the spam posts. ;)

<<Hybrid>>
09-06-2004, 04:20 PM
lol shogun, i didnt wanted to insult GM, just forgot to say, to try search there before ask here... :D