PDA

View Full Version : New Mouse

OUTLAWS CHICO
08-15-2004, 06:52 PM
I configured in this new mouse ms 500 logitech but when I go to set the buttons on the side or on the 3rd push down on the mouse wheel it won't apply . Does anyone know why ? It is really messing with my mouse settings lol.

Grimmy
08-16-2004, 01:52 AM
Not sure if you need to have the mwadvanced utility or not for that. Can you set it to a different function at all or just the default?

is that the mx 500? Not sure if ya made a typo in tying your post or not.

For mx users, the utility I am talking about can be downloaded and read about here: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1793,contentid=6003,OSID=1,softwareid=6819

OUTLAWS CHICO
08-16-2004, 03:34 AM
I downloaded that software when I got home ,Shoggie had the same link. Everything works on the mouse except when I enter the Sam game and I can't get the few buttons to work.

FUS1ON
08-16-2004, 03:40 AM
I moved this to the Hardware so it will get more attention.

SALvation
08-16-2004, 04:05 AM
I downloaded that software for my MX700 and it lets me program every button for any game. Also, a trick you may want to use is go into your mouse software, set the "back" mouse button to a keyboard key like "SHIFT". Sometimes if you do that it will register in older games.

ME BIGGD01
08-16-2004, 04:37 AM
I downloaded that software for my MX700 and it lets me program every button for any game. Also, a trick you may want to use is go into your mouse software, set the "back" mouse button to a keyboard key like "SHIFT". Sometimes if you do that it will register in older games.
i would of suggested the same thing. maybe it has to do with older games. does this happend in ut or other newer games?

EXEcution
08-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Don't forget to click Apply once u set the buttons.
That was the prolem i kept having when i tried to bind my middle mouse button.
Nice mouse tho, i wanna buy a Logitech MX 510 =D

DiTomasso
08-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Assign keyboard buttons to your mouse buttons. Like del, page up, page down.

Assign in Sam the keyboard buttons to the functions in control options.

JIMINATOR
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
the logitech mouse button mapping stuff is the worst ever.
i use the microsoft intellimouse stuff with my mx700 and it works great and
allows for custom buttons per program

I think this is the last version that had programmable buttons per program...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4348502a-61be-4072-abe2-e3fc3aa0eee6&DisplayLang=en

just specify that the mouse is an intellimouse explorer and enjoy.

FUS1ON
08-16-2004, 07:14 PM
Chico I realize it may take a little while to figure out because it's new to you but the Logitech software does work, stick with it. There are plenty here that use it and have no complaints.

What Jim says might work but why use something that wasn't designed for your mouse. I wouldn't do it.

JIMINATOR
08-16-2004, 07:45 PM
the stuff is not a mouse driver, it is just software that redoes the mouse buttons, and it can be uninstalled without issues. i found problems using the logitech software, remapping the buttons you lose the back and forward browser functionality, and I need that. the back and forward buttons can be remapped to alt-right and alt-left, then they will work with ie, and sam can use them, but i found other problems....

OUTLAWS CHICO
08-21-2004, 02:14 AM
I tried what Jim posted and it works not only foir the game but all the buttons do what they are supposed to while posting and searching. Thanks Jim and All D. I couldn't figure out what those words were in that box cause I think it is in German but I apreciate yours and all the others help in my situation. Thanks all