PDA

View Full Version : Egg Of Youth

Death Engineer
08-15-2004, 08:45 PM
I've held off for long enough. I think it's about time I jumped on the artifact band wagon. I played my cleric some today and forgot how much fun it can be to mash the same button over and over. ;)

So I'd like to get the Egg Of Youth. I believe I already have artifact credit, so if I could bum scrolls or even the artifact off of anyone, that would be stupendous.

If not, I'd like to get a full group (or two?) to help do this. I'm not firm on dates or times yet, but I'd like some feedback on what it takes for this encounter. Thanks.

FUS1ON
08-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Willing to help hammer on the pillars :)

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
08-15-2004, 10:44 PM
After 8pm during the week, and i'll tag along. Usually weekends are good most anytime.

Death Engineer
08-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Perhaps I could piggy back on Tue. or Wed. night after Whocares artifact runs. Everyone ok with that?

FUS1ON
08-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Fine by me. The more melee type players the faster it will go and we are gonna need a pally to run end. chant.

V98ci
08-16-2004, 05:13 PM
If we only had some pally's in this guild!

Death Engineer
08-16-2004, 06:06 PM
I can probably talk my cousin (Skabz) into bringing his paladin for the chants and some tower bashin'.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-16-2004, 09:40 PM
I'll gladly help.
Hell I'll log my Tank to help

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
08-16-2004, 11:51 PM
Hmmm...well it depends on how late Whocare's artifact run takes. I usually have been trying to make it to bed before 10:30pm. I have to get up really early now that Savanna is in school. Maybe if his runs kind of late, we can do EOY the next night.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-17-2004, 03:56 AM
Hmmm...well it depends on how late Whocare's artifact run takes. I usually have been trying to make it to bed before 10:30pm. I have to get up really early now that Savanna is in school. Maybe if his runs kind of late, we can do EOY the next night.

The crown shouldn't take more than 15 to 20 mins tops.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-17-2004, 03:57 AM
Mob Loc:
Oceanus Boreal, 28k, 20k

Basically:
1) go find him near his rock. Sometimes he leaves his rock and can roam pretty far away from it but he’s always near it at 28/20 boreal.

2) Have a tank grab Zahur while the rest of the horde works on each minion one by one. It really doesn’t matter which order you do but I think Dan is a cave shammy and you know how damaging they can be.

Once a minion dies you MUST nuke the hell out of their ‘energy’. The energy has low resists to all magic that we midgaardians could tell. When killing the minions make sure they are fairly far away from the rock otherwise you won’t have time to kill the minion’s ‘energy’. If the ‘energy’ reaches the rock their magical powers will be useable by Zahur and Zahur’s melee resists increase dramatically.

3) Start killing Zahur. He will teleport all over the place so be aware. Archers should just use /face and rapid fire, you’ll do the most damage to him then anyone else. Zahur has very low melee resists and very high magic resists.

4) During the fight Zahur will teleport back to his rock now and then to resummon his minions. When he does this repeat steps 2 and 3.

So in conclusion: Kill Minions, Kill Minion’s Energy, Kill Zahur, Zahur teleports summons new minions, rinse and repeat until dead.

Bring as many hitters as you bring nukers to this guy.

I will buy several items that he drops if anyone wants to sell them.

Death Engineer
08-17-2004, 05:49 PM
I helped do this (crown arty) on Sun. with about 2fg. It was fairly easy. Would be tough with less than 1.5fg though. 1 healer for each group and a power font is a necessity.

Note that the crown rarely drops from what I've heard.

Death Engineer
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Tell you what, I'll hold off on EOY until we can get Who his crown.