PDA

View Full Version : $25 giftcard @ best buy: what to buy?

merkwannabe
08-16-2004, 11:31 PM
So.... Maybe a few fans to help prevent my computer from overheating.. and?

Any reccomendations? Oh and I'm not all that thrilled with the idea of buying PK or even Doom3.. :eek:

I was thinking of buying Windows XP, (since I can only do a recovery on my computer and since it didn't come with any discs), but I don't think that's fair since I paid for a computer with XP on it, I should get the XP disc!!! :bawling:

I realize that it would take much more than $25 for XP and Doom 3!

JIMINATOR
08-16-2004, 11:39 PM
i imagine someone could hook you up with xp, since really you do own the thing....
otherwise $25 won't get you too far.... look at the sunday flyers and see what they have on sale that you maybe need...

C2H5OH Guy
08-16-2004, 11:47 PM
I realize that it would take much more than $25 for XP and Doom 3!
indeed like $125 maybe (if you get windows xp home edition ;) and doom 3 )

EXEcution
08-16-2004, 11:51 PM
Don't buy doom3 or pk, reserve HL2. =O

merkwannabe
08-17-2004, 12:29 AM
lol.. Thanks for the advice all. Do you think HP would send me the discs, considering I own it and probably have a serial key somewhere on or in my computer?

EXEcution
08-17-2004, 01:20 AM
lol.. Thanks for the advice all. Do you think HP would send me the discs, considering I own it and probably have a serial key somewhere on or in my computer?
Yes they most definitely should, but prolly only if u have a problem, so u can lie and say that ur had to reformat and they will send u those disx! :)

ME BIGGD01
08-17-2004, 01:32 AM
pick up madden 2005

Sacrifice
08-17-2004, 01:46 AM
Don't buy doom3 or pk, reserve HL2. =O
screw valve! valve is a pos

Slice
08-17-2004, 01:48 AM
If you have a Windows sticker on your computer with a valid cd key on it, have your friend burn a copy of xp or just borrow his disc to install it. Next time, build your own computer as that bundle and restore crap sucks with name brand computers.

JIMINATOR
08-17-2004, 01:50 AM

i am sure most anybody would if you ask nicely.... you may be sol with hp tho....

EXEcution
08-17-2004, 02:00 AM
screw valve! valve is a pos
Well as long as they're putting out a quality multiplayer game i think they've dooin a good job.
And i think HL2 will be alot better then Doom 3. :thumbs:

merkwannabe
08-17-2004, 02:11 AM
If you have a Windows sticker on your computer with a valid cd key on it, have your friend burn a copy of xp or just borrow his disc to install it. Next time, build your own computer as that bundle and restore crap sucks with name brand computers.You said it.. I have tons of crap installed that serves no purpose.. (ex: Tangent Games)

i am sure most anybody would if you ask nicely.... you may be sol with hp tho....I know, but I would rather have the real deal since I techniqually own it. I wonder if a new version of Windows will be out soon, XP has been here for quite some time! (Mac has new versions every few months!) :p:

Slice
08-17-2004, 02:32 AM
You said it.. I have tons of crap installed that serves no purpose.. (ex: Tangent Games)

I know, but I would rather have the real deal since I techniqually own it. I wonder if a new version of Windows will be out soon, XP has been here for quite some time! (Mac has new versions every few months!) :p:Um Mac? Sometimes I wonder what type of metal they used in that plate in your head. Oh, wait sorry I forgot you are from California where they actually thought that Mac's were going to catch on. :P

merkwannabe
08-17-2004, 02:57 AM
Um Mac? Sometimes I wonder what type of metal they used in that plate in your head. Oh, wait sorry I forgot you are from California where they actually thought that Mac's were going to catch on. :Phahah

Well, I don't have a mac! A long time ago that's what we had and that's why I was uber suprised when I found out what forums and MP games were.

Metal plate? It's plastic, look who's the silly one now!

mod
08-17-2004, 03:58 AM
Yes they most definitely should, but prolly only if u have a problem, so u can lie and say that ur had to reformat and they will send u those disx! :)

hp will send but you will have to pay 30 american ..

mod*

merkwannabe
08-17-2004, 04:43 AM
hp will send but you will have to pay 30 american ..

mod*That doesn't seem too bad! ;) I think I'm going to do it in a month or so..

Thx for the info..

Slice
08-17-2004, 05:21 AM
That doesn't seem too bad! ;) I think I'm going to do it in a month or so..

Thx for the info..
I will send you for $5.00.