PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sports: The Real Demise of Sam

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Ok.. Everyone whines about how boring Sam is and everything and how the players aren't what they used to be, but besides the obvious old age and lacking number of the players, the main problem is this attitude...

What's up with adults in honorable clans "bashing" people in games.. I've been called a cheater twice by such people. I have no idea why.. I mean, after playing for as long as these people have, they must realize that there is no aimbot or boosted strength hack. The only supposed hacks are to fix lagg and see through walls I believe and those require a good understanding of coding I think..

Anyway.. I think these players are ruining the game and while I don't have screenies of each event, I still think they should be ashamed. And I'm positive it wasn't a joke..

BTW, Wunderkind, isn't an alias I'm registered at two forums realted to Sam with this name and most people know it's me....

Don't reply unless it's related to this subject please..

Oh and I wanted to pm the person who called me a cheater, but their pm(s) are turned off so I wasn't given a fair chance to ask why they hate me so.

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 04:47 AM
Also.. The first time I was called a cheater was because I got a perfect against a good player. Ever heard of luck? Come on folks, everyone is bound to have some great games and some really lucky moments.. I die just as easliy as everyone else dies..

Slice
08-23-2004, 06:02 AM
It's Sam, nobody cares anymore and haven't cared for some months now....

OUTLAWS Tip
08-23-2004, 06:13 AM
Take it as a compliment. They are so mad they have to blame it on someone/something.
GG's
:p:

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 07:06 AM
haha.. Why do I always have to revert to doing this? Im so noobish..

I love ya Slice!!

and Mucho Gracias Senior Tipster

JIMINATOR
08-23-2004, 07:36 AM
it's sam. the irritation factor surpassed the fun factor a while back for me so i no longer play. i am surprised you are sticking it out...

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
it's sam. the irritation factor surpassed the fun factor a while back for me so i no longer play. i am surprised you are sticking it out...Ughh.. I feel stupid posting on a forum and not playing the game that started it. Plus the whole tourney thing. I want to go out in a bang and not a boom and prizes are luring.. Except, that doesn't make sense if I want to quit anyway.. :hmmm:

I guess I still have some fun every once in a while.. Those games where nobody says anything besides "ahaha," and "lol." I dunno! I should just shutdown my computer for good and play "sports?" or something. The stakes online are not anywhere near the stakes that are involved in real life and that is pretty comforting.. Then again, wasting my life on the internet isn't the best idea.. But is it waste? Who knows, only time can tell..

-Sir Noobius Merkamus!

Die Hard
08-23-2004, 11:38 AM
Hang on just a minute!!!

Villains still have 38 active members playing Sam frequently. Outlaws, Reapers, Saints, plus lots of other clans still play Sam too.

This drives me crazy. If you don't play Sam anymore then fine. Just don't say no one plays anymore because it isn't the case. If you need proof then go to The Villains Screenies section and see for yourself!

Oh, and Sam is also the most popular sign-up for the GM Tourney's.

To the first point: Wannabe, can you name the people who accused you of cheating?

Aries
08-23-2004, 01:29 PM
which 'honorable clans' are you talking about?

Off topic: have DE spell check your sig-song ;-) (or is explotion short for expired lotion? :-P) other than that cool song :-)

Pure_Evil
08-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Hey wannabe, it's because YOU SUCK!!! Nobody can handle being beaten by someone who sucks! it's the plain fair truth! It's not egos, attitude, bad sportsmanship; it's calling the kettle black for crying out loud! You are not, and will never be 1337 so stay the hell out of the servers and stick to chutes and ladders and leave the real games to the big boys! Understand?? Can you dig it??

You don't get it!! It's not winning and being a good sport about it!! It's looking goodd while winning, your still SUCKS!! Got it!!

:D

seriously, just kick their asses and post your winning screenie in their clan forum followed by GG, and look forward to playing you again ;)

Don't let the bitches get you down.

Any game, their are whining bitches in it. Kick their ass and smile, because not only are they losers in game, they probably are in life too. The games their only chance to be winners, so when you steal that, they bitch.. it's kind of funny :p:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-23-2004, 03:19 PM
because not only are they losers in game, they probably are in life too.

Thank you "Dr. Evil". :D

Nitro
08-23-2004, 05:07 PM
hehe is this Thread No. 2,486 about this subject?
Just keep pwning those players and let them whine which will make them look stupid in the long run :thumbs:
btw, GG a few weeks ago in that Yodeller game with the 3 of us :thumbs:

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 05:18 PM
Ahaha.. I didn't mean to bore or insult anyone. I guess sometimes I use GM as a personal online diary, maybe not the smartest thing to do. ahah

Die Hard, I didn't mean nobody plays.. I said and I qoute, "lacking number of the players." What I mean, is on Outlaws, my favorite server,(it has the lowest ping for me), sometimes nobody is on for hours upon hours.. It usually gets a nice flood of people though a couple times a day! Saints is a great server too, in terms of ping for me! But ya, I didn't mean to insult the game of SAM or your clan! Err, I probably made things worse, so I'll throw in a "sorry," too.. ;)

Oh and I won't name the people who have called me cheaters or even the clan from which they support. I am not here to flame anyone, just straighten out this matter.

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Off topic: have DE spell check your sig-song ;-) (or is explotion short for expired lotion? :-P) other than that cool song :-) Hey!! This was written by Dangerous Dan! He doesn't spell incorrectly.. :p:

See the whole song at Clanmecca/Merc!

What more than pure genius can one say about Dan?!

Die Hard
08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
LOL Wannabe, I was actually referring to the post by Slice. Anyways thanks for your kind words. Feeling humble :)

NightBreed
08-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Hang on just a minute!!!

Villains still have 38 active members playing Sam frequently. Outlaws, Reapers, Saints, plus lots of other clans still play Sam too.

:wave:

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 10:04 PM
In reply to Pure Evil:

:rofl: Yes, that's true. You had me for a minute with the first few sentences. ;)

Pure_Evil
08-23-2004, 10:27 PM
In reply to Pure Evil:

:rofl: Yes, that's true. You had me for a minute with the first few sentences. ;)

:D and notice, not once did I say for you to drag your ass back to UT :p:

Nitro
08-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey merkus, how FREAKING ANNOYING was that Vikinghood guy today with that noise as if someone typed something but no words appear!
I almost demolished my computer desk....again

merkwannabe
08-23-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey merkus, how FREAKING ANNOYING was that Vikinghood guy today with that noise as if someone typed something but no words appear!
I almost demolished my computer desk....againrofl. We need to solve that problem.

I dunno, maybe even one of us has a hotkey we don't know about. It wouldn't be the first time for me. I remember always hitting a hotkey by accident that would say "ho ho ho!" Someone :shifty: put it on my computer.. :P

@Pure, after playing some you (ex)/(present)DS guys I'm a bit afraid to come back.. ;)

Nitro
08-24-2004, 02:35 AM
:gasp:
Sam roxs more when you win every game u play :D

Slice
08-24-2004, 04:30 AM
LOL Wannabe, I was actually referring to the post by Slice. Anyways thanks for your kind words. Feeling humble :)

I didn't mean that you are a nobody because you still play this ancient game, I meant that this game is not played to often by anyone compared to the rest of the games out there. When you have to wait for a player to show up to play you, the game is old.

Nitro
08-24-2004, 06:20 AM
I didn't mean that you are a nobody because you still play this ancient game, I meant that this game is not played to often by anyone compared to the rest of the games out there. When you have to wait for a player to show up to play you, the game is old.
hehe, I still play Doom II online with ZDaemon and servers are always packed with ppl...even more than in Sam and that game is like 10 yrs old! :O
So you have a point there

FUS1ON
08-24-2004, 08:21 PM
:gasp:
Sam roxs more when you win every game u play :D

Ok so you win every game you play huh? We shall see how undefeatable you are. We are gonna have a little contest, It's not going to be much of a prize, just something you will be able to do here at the forum so don't get too excited but i'm offering a bounty to the 1st player that post a screenshot of Nitrostatic getting beat. It can't come from the past, it has to be taken after this post. Good luck ;)

FUS1ON
08-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Crud I better not offer that as a prize, I would be breaking one of my own rules. :mad:

I'd still like to see a screenshot though.

JIMINATOR
08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
eh, nitro is alright, or at least he used to be, unless his head has swollen the past month. there are a couple of other big egos around that your post could probably be better directed to...

Die Hard
08-24-2004, 11:08 PM
But you don't play Sam anymore Jim?

Nitro
08-25-2004, 12:04 AM
lol!
I wasnt talking about myself when i said i win every game
I just said it feels good when you are winning evevery game.
Like for example, ever have a winning streak where just every game ujoined u won??
I'm tawkin bout tha feelingz man... :P

UZI
08-27-2004, 03:11 AM
DOA DOA DOA DOA

There are still some in our clan who play SS.

I agree that people who play and then dump on people when they lose are probably as big of an A-- in real life as they are on the servers.

Just play the good game and enjoy. There are jerks in every part of life, and you can't let them ruin the fun. Otherwise, you won't do anything in life.

And SS is not old. Pong is old. That was the first computer game I played. When I was in High School, I learned Herman Hollerith Punch Card Code. I thought Fortran 77 was a great improvement over WatV. All of you young snappers with your fast reflexes continue to kick my rear end every time I play Sam (or any other reflex oriented game). At least I can still woop my kids at Chess.

Frag on and forget the spammers. :drink:

UZI
08-27-2004, 03:13 AM
PS.

I bet I could beat a couple of you young ones on a manual typewriter!!!

He Is Legend
08-27-2004, 08:15 AM
People dont know how to play

They use rockets, bla bla, thinking they'll win..you give me the best player in the game, and have him have rockets the whole time and ill have DB, ill bet you $100 that i would win

Attitude is a serious problem, You blow up someone with a shotty,colt..anything with bullets, they call you a noob, or a hacker

I got called a bs'in cheater alot like he has, Everyone has got to understand there are people out there BETTER than you

Not luck, its skill, Brag about it

DiTomasso
08-27-2004, 10:29 AM
I played a game last night, they didn't had a change.
I don't think myself a skill full player, so what....then.

The netcode was with me :D

Pure_Evil
08-27-2004, 11:15 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/yawn1.gif

Nitro
08-27-2004, 12:33 PM
hehe pppl alwyas find something to moan about.
No matter what weapon you use or what your style is...ALWAYS someone finds something to piss and moan about

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-05-2004, 11:05 PM
evang........You gotta look past the bitcheness.......ive played a couple with you and they been fun........

Sam is not dead... its what the gaming community makes it, With the people that still play, sam can be the game it once was....

LONG LIVE SAM

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I played a game last night, they didn't had a change.
I don't think myself a skill full player, so what....then.

The netcode was with me :D

Lol you sound like a jedi knight..........

Use the netcode luke.. It will be with you....

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-05-2004, 11:09 PM
DOA DOA DOA DOA

There are still some in our clan who play SS.

I agree that people who play and then dump on people when they lose are probably as big of an A-- in real life as they are on the servers.

Just play the good game and enjoy. There are jerks in every part of life, and you can't let them ruin the fun. Otherwise, you won't do anything in life.

And SS is not old. Pong is old. That was the first computer game I played. When I was in High School, I learned Herman Hollerith Punch Card Code. I thought Fortran 77 was a great improvement over WatV. All of you young snappers with your fast reflexes continue to kick my rear end every time I play Sam (or any other reflex oriented game). At least I can still woop my kids at Chess.

Frag on and forget the spammers. :drink:

Yeah DOA is still rocking sam...........

BTW, i still have pong here. It was built into a weird looking console. I got it.

Amd it still works....

SHOTGUNmaniac
09-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Hey!! This was written by Dangerous Dan! He doesn't spell incorrectly.. :p:

See the whole song at Clanmecca/Merc!

What more than pure genius can one say about Dan?!

Lol Dan rules