PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with the net today?

Falkentyne
01-25-2003, 07:59 AM
I thought it was just me...

(I'm using Verizon adsl).
But my friend, who is using Charter Cable, can't connect to gamespy, either (which means, no server list). And I can't even connect to slash's servers manually.

I also can't connect to the chinese oicq. That started failing the same time as gamespy stopped working.

This happened sometime this morning.

Thankfully, I can still connect to the Battlefield: 1942 EA servers, HOWEVER i can NOT connect to the CD key authentication server (it pauses on connecting to server xxxxxxxxxxx for about 10 seconds), but of course, since the authen server times out, it lets me on, anyway.

Falkentyne
01-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Some more stuff.

http://www.internethealthreport.com/

Looks redder than me being fragged point blank by a shottie.

Heres another.
http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t...15&pagenumber=7 (http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=107103&perpage=15&pagenumber=7)

Falkentyne
01-25-2003, 08:28 AM
Gamemecca just died just now, and then came back to life, shortly after posting this.
I hit refresh, and this appeared:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 64

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67
ERROR: Cannot find database gamemecca_net
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/forums/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 100

There appears to be an error with the GameMecca Forums database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the board administrator by clicking here

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT id, member_id, running_time, location FROM ibf_sessions WHERE id='7c509714fc06a19d7441f07092338698' and ip_address='4.60.62.144'

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
mySQL error code: 2002
Date: Saturday 25th of January 2003 02:17:47 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

Falkentyne
01-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Can you connect to gamespy or ASE?

Sirc
01-25-2003, 08:42 AM
I haven't had any problems today.

Falkentyne
01-25-2003, 09:11 AM
Voodoo extreme (ve3d.com) is also down.

It's a worm that is affecting all servers that use sql or something.
the entire net is affected by this. You guys are just lucky enough to be on the side of the split that works.

TheUltimateWarrior
01-25-2003, 09:49 AM
I cant find serers either

I just strat sam up

netwok-find game- internet
and then I get stuck

DAMNIT

BlackWolf
01-25-2003, 10:02 AM
i cant find any servers whit SS

unreal tournament is working online

Grimmy