PDA

View Full Version : Tribes -- Vengeance

burnthewitch
08-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow. Excellent. Gone is the slow speed of Tribes 2 (which I also loved) and the faster pace of Tribes 1 returns. UT 2k4 people are going to love this one. I'm talking giant robot fighting with Mortar's. Grappling Hooks. Jet Packs. Spinfusors. Awesome.

Pure_Evil
08-29-2004, 12:52 AM
How about some more details and links for GM's lazy members :D ?

Pure_Evil
08-29-2004, 05:21 PM
:( how about unlocking your PM's too so I can bug you in private about this instead of public??? :eek:

Slice
08-30-2004, 04:41 AM
This game rocks! I just played the beta and it is awesome! This will be my next buy when it comes out in October. You can get a cd key if you are a member of Fileplanet to play the beta. If not there may be other ways but I don't know them. The online play is wicked cool as you can fly and shoot people in air and also grab different vehicles that fly. It feels like UT on acid, which is nice welcome. Another cool thing is you can pick your weapons by the type of soldier you are. The weapons rock, the graphics rock, the physics are insane all I have to say is get it!

Slice
08-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Here is a link to the official site http://www.tribesvengeance.com/us/

T I K
08-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Yeah this game looks like its going 2 Roxor!! :D

http://www.sierra.com/product.do?gamePlatformId=412

Pure_Evil
08-31-2004, 11:36 AM
The trailers look great! One of the players in our clan reviewed the demo, said it has serious potential. I can't wait to try this one out. :thumbs:

Thanks for the links Slice and T I K :D

Might be the second game I've been looking for :)

Mad Fox
08-31-2004, 11:46 AM
Looks like a great game!

EXEcution
08-31-2004, 02:27 PM
My friend and i used to play Tribes 2 DM on PS2 it was alot of fun with the jetpacks allowed for fast movement and interesting tactics (level design was pretty decent in that game)
This looks promising indeed, maybe a ssam replacement? =D

Slice
09-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Fileplanet has made the demo public to all Fileplanet users. If you make an account with Fileplanet you can download it for free. :)

EXEcution
09-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Sweet im waiting in line now!
OMG! =O

EXEcution
09-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Ok this game is ridiculous.
Best CTF experience ever, and simple enough gameplay.
Jetpacks work great, sliding down the slopes is also a blast.
You can constantly see ur enemies so there is no surprise aspect.
Weapons are pretty cool for the most part, i played a couple games and i made ONE capture =D
Thats one more capture than i made in UT2k4 so far =P
Great game i highly recommend it.

Pure_Evil
09-13-2004, 02:11 PM
:D I had a chance to play it a bit this weekend and it's quite good. Graphics solid, loved the sledding concept too :thumbs: Weapons rock, nice that you have to lead your enemies a bit.

What I didn't like the team coloring. The triangles over the players heads is piss poor, even worse is when one team is red, and the other is orange.. wtf's up with that???? :confused:

Driving the vehicals is better than UT, and chosing your armor and weapons makes it fun. If you're not the greatest at movement, just load up with armor, move slow, but kick ass :D

Has great potential, looking forward to it's release, but praying it doesn't need the patching that Tribes 2 needed :eek: that was rediculous!

Silent Sam
09-17-2004, 07:40 PM
yeah. This game rox so far. The T:V MP beta has been my main online game for past few weeks.

One weird thing though...I tried the SP demo and it ran like crap for me! Meanwhile the MP levels are running smooth as silk. Obviously that SP demo level needed some serious optimization. Anyone else notice this?

Fragetti
09-29-2004, 12:39 AM
I DL the demo and it looks very promising :) I need to learn my way around the game more.
Frag

Slice
10-01-2004, 05:39 AM
It's official Tribes Vengeance is Gold.

Silent Sam
10-01-2004, 10:52 AM
It's official Tribes Vengeance is Gold.

sweetness.