PDA

View Full Version : XP service pack 2 cd

OUTLAWS Tip
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
I found a link to a free cd with Microsoft's service pack 2. For all the dialup users or people like me who like to have it in there bag when working on others computers. It says 4 to 6 week delivery, but in the newgroup I read several said they got it within a week.
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Link to Microsoft and free delivery (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx)

ThePIT
08-31-2004, 03:14 PM
Nice find ! I would have never thought that MS was able to do that ! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-31-2004, 03:28 PM
thanks tip!

Caged Anger
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
dude, you are my god. Goin on 28K, it would have taken my years to finish. Thanks a million!!!

BobtheCkroach
09-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Thanks Tip! I have a decent download, but it'll be nice having that on CD, just so I don't have to redownload anytime I have to reinstall windows or something like that. Awesome, man!

<<Hybrid>>
09-03-2004, 10:52 AM
Dude!!! i thought i will be first today with great news of SP2 =/

Fragetti
09-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Thanks Tip !

How are things in Landsdale ?

OUTLAWS Tip
09-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Great here Frag. :)

An to keep on Subject and make Sho happy.
:rolleyes:

I got my update cd last Tuesday. Only took about a week.
:D

mod
09-12-2004, 11:42 PM
just dont install it.

mod*

OUTLAWS Tip
09-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Installed and have had zero problems with it.
:thumbs: :)

Fragetti
09-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Got mine Yesterday :)

I wont be installing it till am ready to do a yearly re-install of xp pro. I will be doing my server soon. I will let you all know if I have any issues. <(boy if that ant a loaded quesstion :))
Frag

ME BIGGD01
09-28-2004, 06:36 PM
i ordered it but have not received my copy yet. ms is pothetic for such a large company. they should hire some more people to get things done sooner rather than later. i don't need it though because i have had the sp from the program i am involved in.

a also have had very few problems with sp2 and suggest everyone installs it. i have had problems with some programs but have fixed the issues. it will slow your pc down about 1% but speed other things up when comes to networking. also if you use utilities to speed up things are change some default settings through other software applications, you may encounter memory errors through explorer. all in all, if you want a stable system, i suggest stop installing crappy apps or freeware:thumbs:

SASQUATCH
09-29-2004, 12:13 AM
If you get this error Q327101 while you install SP2 then just do this ok

On the desktop, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Under System Startup, click Edit.

The Boot.ini file opens in Notepad.
Locate and then delete the /KERNEL etc.
Save and then close the Boot.ini file.
Restart your computer.

Just in case for anyone who may not know.

BTW Bigg's I got the CD and yes don't go downloading garbage guys.

Also you may want to know this which is important which SP2 helps.

There’s a security flaw in Windows XP which allows virus’s to be transmitted via Jpegs. Every site has Jpegs so you can get a Trojan Horse by simply viewing a web site. Service pack 2 does not have this vulnerability so if you haven’t put service pack 2 in please do. The site below has more information on this problem.

http://asia.cnet.com/news/security/0,39037064,39194791,00.htm

Fragetti
09-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Thanks Sas

Some good info there :)