PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Cards

SoulReaver
09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
My mom and dad owns a computer store and I got an ok graphic card on the comp I always use to play online and a Radeon 9800 SE on the other comp(its like a 9800 pro because of drivers we added) but I hardly use that comp lol. So my mom let me get either a Geforce FX 5700, FX 5700,, Radeon 9600 XT, or a Radeon 9600 pro. She had others too but that was the best( well that I would ask her, I don't want to ask her for someone waaaayyy too expensive). So after asking her, and two other people who worked for my mom I finally chose The Geforce FX 5700, they said it was better than Radeon in playing onlines games such as Unreal Tournament 2004 and one of them said that he has trouble installing drivers with Radeon. Was that a good choice?

ME BIGGD01
09-08-2004, 01:18 AM
its ok but i would stick with the 9800 out of all the cards listed. tel your parents to get some samples from nvidia for display and chuch one of those 6800's in there:thumbs:

SoulReaver
09-08-2004, 08:31 PM
Mymom has a lot of graphic cards but those are the best she has in stock. When someone wants to buy something like a 9800, x800, 6800, etc then she orders ir and she usually recieves it in a couple of days. The 9800 is on the other comp I never use, and I don't use it cause I'm not used to the monitor even though its kinda better than the one I use for my comp and I ain't used to the well, I don't know I don't get a feel on the other comp. What do you mean get some samples from nvidia for display?

ME BIGGD01
09-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Mymom has a lot of graphic cards but those are the best she has in stock. When someone wants to buy something like a 9800, x800, 6800, etc then she orders ir and she usually recieves it in a couple of days. The 9800 is on the other comp I never use, and I don't use it cause I'm not used to the monitor even though its kinda better than the one I use for my comp and I ain't used to the well, I don't know I don't get a feel on the other comp. What do you mean get some samples from nvidia for display?

what kind of store do your parents have? if you sell retail products, most vendors usually will give samples of the product. i am not sure how they run their store but usually, when people want something, they want it yesterday.

SoulReaver
09-09-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah they sell retail stuff, repair computers, upgrade computers, etc. I don't know much about how they run their store either lol I don't really ever ask. We hardly ever get people asking for stuff like Radeon9800 pro and stuff like that. So whenever someone does she orders like a couple of them.

ME BIGGD01
09-11-2004, 02:44 AM
well if you have the 9800, i would keep that for now or pull it out of the other system. this card is good enough to play all the latest graphic games and will allow you to sve up for a new card. right now i have been looking to buy a new card myself but i am going to wait for the nforce 4 boards which wll have pci express. i also hear ati maybe coming out with an athlon 64 chipset so will look into that also. i hope you help your parents with the business and take advantage of what you can learn.