PDA

View Full Version : ivan aftermath....

JIMINATOR
09-18-2004, 12:03 AM
well, there were some deaths in florida. we mostly got the tropical storm end of things in georgia. we had a 50' tree come down in the woods behind our house. it took down everything in it's path, but luckily only grazed our deck for no real damage. still that is going to be some fun cleanup with the chainsaw.... if anyone wants to visit, now is the time.... :D

Slice
09-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Glad to hear you are ok. That 50' tree was a present from me to keep you busy this weekend. :P I will be thinking of you while I float in my pool.

JIMINATOR
09-18-2004, 12:47 AM
eh, the season isn't over yet.... :thumbs:

anyway it's good exercise...

but yeah, i can understand that in your business,
each hurricane probably costs you a full week or two of business...

you may have to settle for the smaller big screen hdtv.... :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Glad to hear you are ok. That 50' tree was a present from me to keep you busy this weekend. :P I will be thinking of you while I float in my pool.

Watch out for the Brown Shark.

Slice
09-18-2004, 01:33 AM
eh, the season isn't over yet.... :thumbs:

anyway it's good exercise...

but yeah, i can understand that in your business,
each hurricane probably costs you a full week or two of business...

you may have to settle for the smaller big screen hdtv.... :D
Yes, it has cost me over the $20,000 mark already but I will take that loss any day over a direct hit. After Georges in '98 my properties were closed for 4 months for repairs. Imagine how much that cost. In any event money is money what's more important is that our families are safe with none to minimal damage to our properties. Good luck to everyone in the hurricane zone for the rest of this crappy season.

EXEcution
09-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Watch out for the Brown Shark.
:rofl:

Die Hard
09-18-2004, 10:50 AM
I have some friends that live about 40 miles NE of Atlanta and they're porch doors were blown clean off by the storm!

JIMINATOR
09-18-2004, 07:34 PM
view of the tree. you can't really tell, but it took down a bunch of trees. the empty section used to be all trees....

detonator
09-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I had some trees come down too at my home up in Alpharetta GA, My property was under 6" of water at one point.

My neighbor had a tree come right down on his roof and one on his car.

Nothing that money wont fix, just wish I had some!

Die Hard
09-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Wow thats a big tree to be blown down [gulp]

Bingo
09-19-2004, 04:24 AM
I had some trees come down too at my home up in Alpharetta GA, ...

Hey, I lived in Alpharetta for years! Look forward to moving back as well.

Moved a couple years ago down here to Fla. I off Mansell for quite a while.

Love that town!

Bingo

detonator
09-19-2004, 09:53 AM
I dont think you'd recognize Mansell road anymore, boy has it changed in 5 years. I am at Nebit Ferry rd and Holcomb Bridge.

Oh and Jim, do you want to borrow my chainsaw?

ME BIGGD01
09-19-2004, 09:48 PM
i'm glad to know you guys are safe. here in ny, we had alot of rain and it has gotten a bit nippy with wind gusts aroun 20-30 mph. some damage but nothing that compares to the south east.

anyone see that 18 wheeler on tha bridge? no, i mean have you seen it because only a peice of the tail was left on the bridge. what encouraged that person to try to go over during that storm is beyond questioning. i think he is missing also.

ThePIT
09-20-2004, 07:50 AM
Hope you're all ok across the pond... While you're safe, that's the main thing ! :wave: