PDA

View Full Version : Recliner suggestions

SALvation
09-22-2004, 06:22 PM
So I'm in the market for a good LazyBoy recliner and looking to spend about $500 or so on it. Do any of you lazy bastards have any suggestions on brands, features, or models? It has to be something i can fall asleep in when I'm taking care of the baby at 4am. :)

PJ'l_Master
09-22-2004, 06:25 PM
what about those ones they had on friends?

those seemed to be quite pleasureable...

Sepra
09-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Lawn chairs IMO ;)

Dan2
09-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Your best bet is to go down to the local furniture store and test drive each chair. You might also consider a good old fashioned rocking chair, so the baby can fall asleep easier and you can get some zzz's in your own bed.:)

solid snake295
09-22-2004, 10:12 PM
i dont know if they have these couches at every Future Shop, but the one i go to has the best leather couch, oh man.... when you sit down you sink into the counch like a foot and a half :thumbs:

NightBreed
09-22-2004, 11:45 PM
:thumbs: Nothin beats a Barcalounger !! Plan on spending some serious cash though... :(

SALvation
09-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Leather would be out of the question. We have a cat and dog that would probably be in it whenever I'm not :).

Oscar(WCFD)
09-23-2004, 01:34 AM
I have had 2 "LazyBoy" rocker recliners in the last 20 yrs.
The first one was still working and looking good after 15 yrs, only got rid of it because the wife wanted to change the decor :rolleyes:

You can't go wrong with a "LazyBoy" Find a LazyBoy store near you and go look and sit in the many that they have on the floor, I'm sure you'll find one that will fit your comfort needs and your pocket book ;)

JIMINATOR
09-23-2004, 05:49 AM
You have kids or are expecting one? conga-rats! didn't know that about you....

Die Hard
09-23-2004, 08:13 AM
Forget the lazy boy type chairs. Believe me, you will fall asleep on the kitchen counter when you have babies!

Pure_Evil
09-23-2004, 10:59 AM
I have a cat and dog, and leather is the only way to go since the fur doesn't get into leather like it does fabric. Also easier to wipe off baby food, puke, pee from leather than fabric. :p:

DH :D you are so right, I remember sleeping on my son's floor to keep him quiet. Hardwood floor :(

SALvation
09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
You have kids or are expecting one? conga-rats! didn't know that about you....
Yea I posted when we first found out in May, but then I kinda kept quiet since I read about how much could go wrong and I didn't want to jinx anything. But its getting close (due on Jan 17th) and everything looks good so now I am starting to get prepared. It will be our first and we don't know if it will be a boy or girl, so we're starting to get anxious.

There's a LazyBoy shop just a few miles from me so I'll be taking a trip over there this weekend to see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestions.