PDA

View Full Version : World Series/Playoffs

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-22-2004, 09:54 PM
So who do you think is gonna be in it. Since the Marlins cost me a crapload of money I really don't know who will be in it.

Bastard Marlins.

BobtheCkroach
09-23-2004, 12:40 PM
Here's my predictions

AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Minnesota
AL West: Texas
AL Wild Card: Boston

NL East: Braves
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Giants
NL Wild Card: Cubs

World Series: Boston vs. Braves

Now my reasoning: I think that while the Yankees are good offensively, they just don't have the pitching to get deep into October - especially w/ Kevin Brown on the DL after bashing his hand into a wall...While Boston lost the series last weekend, I think they're the better team, they definitely have a better pitching lineup to get the job done. This year, there's no Buckner, there's no Aaron Boone...this is the Sox' year.

In the NL, the Braves are good, not really offensively a superpower, but again, I think they have the only pitching staff capable of really getting it done. I think the Cards will implode...not in round 1, but in 2, which is a seven game series.

As for Texas, both Oakland and Anaheim seem to be falling apart...so I think it's theirs if they want it. Same w/ the cubs...they play all sub .500 teams from here on out. It's theirs to lose.

Note: I would MUCH rather see the Dodgers or Padres go than the Giants, but that doesn't look real likely at the moment.