PDA

View Full Version : Chaotic having probs

ZeLL
10-02-2004, 01:49 AM
so i built this comp for chaotic. its been working for bout a week. now he says when he was loading doom 3 one day it froze. when he boots it up now it goes past the motherboard screen and somewhere before the "welcome" screen it freezes. what a vague question i know

anything at all?

Slice
10-02-2004, 01:56 AM
Can he hit the delete key and get in to the Bios? (the reason why I say this is if something got overclocked to much by accident Windows XP sometimes just one run even if the computer boots) If he can have him set all the settings to default. If not tell him as soon as it boots up start pressing F8 to bring up a Windows options menu. From that window have him select boot in safe mode. If he can boot in to safe mode he should do a system rollback. Have him roll it back to the day before it crashed, or if he knows at what time it crashed at least an hour before. It is actually called system restore.

ZeLL
10-02-2004, 01:56 AM
2 minutes after i posted that cody fixed it, nvm

he said it put him in the bios one time when he started up and said his cpu speed was running too fast. i dont know why that was. but he set it to 1667 mhz which is normal for the xp 2000 and it started up fine.

:thumbs:

Slice
10-02-2004, 02:00 AM
Lol, well at least my answer was right. :P

ME BIGGD01
10-02-2004, 02:01 AM
he probably is trying to makeit faster then it can go and screwing it up.

He Is Legend
10-02-2004, 03:08 AM
he probably is trying to makeit faster then it can go and screwing it up.

lol, no

I was just talking on the phone and loading a map and it froze

I guess Doom 3 just is scared of me :/