PDA

View Full Version : May I ask

Slice
10-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Which admin or mod closed the Great Debate thread? I read through everything and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for doing so. If individual posts got out of hand how about a warning to that individual first? :confused:

SALvation
10-03-2004, 03:12 AM
I've been offline most of the day.

SASQUATCH
10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Which admin or mod closed the Great Debate thread? I read through everything and there doesn't seem to be a good reason for doing so. If individual posts got out of hand how about a warning to that individual first? :confused:

Pure_Evil, OUTLAWS Jag, Slash, Mr Clean

One of these guys did it and I would have to say the last post was Pure but not sure if he close the thread.

Pure_Evil
10-03-2004, 03:18 AM
there was a request to close it, I sent a PM to the person who filed the complaint and he agreed to leave it open, so it was one of the other moderators.

There are some moderators who are opposed to political based threads, so it's no surprise to me. Too bad, they get the most posts with the most views also of OT threads.

I'd re-open it, but I wont step on a admins or other moderators toes. But I would like to see it opened. :dunno:

SALvation
10-03-2004, 03:22 AM
Don't worry about stepping on any toes. I'll reopen it and look into it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

FUS1ON
10-03-2004, 03:27 AM
It wasn't me that said anything about closing it, but tempers were getting out of hand IMO. Not sure why we have a word filter when peeps are allowed to just bypass the rules and use **** and Sh!thead in "normal" conversations.

SASQUATCH
10-03-2004, 03:36 AM
It wasn't me that said anything about closing it, but tempers were getting out of hand IMO. Not sure why we have a word filter when peeps are allowed to just bypass the rules and use **** and Sh!thead in "normal" conversations.

So! it was you who closed it! j/k lol

Pure_Evil
10-03-2004, 03:45 AM
I just found out that you can post the "C" word here :eek: may want to fix that

Slice
10-03-2004, 04:01 AM
Ok so let me think here, you have to be 13 to have an account right? So that means that these forums are rated pg13. Shogun do you really think you are saving souls by not allowing someone to post how they felt at the moment? All 13 year olds have heard this language and I bet most won't even come in to this thread. They probably will now because it is now a spectal but whatever. If you want to use me as a scapegoat for typing around the swears than so be it, however I bet that most don't even care.

FUS1ON
10-03-2004, 04:24 AM
You are prob'ly right about most not caring. I'm not going to get into a debate on this because it's not worth my time trying to change your mind. It's just that "most" people can converse without using four letter words because their vocabulary is deep enough to subtitute alternatives to those types of words.

Besides it's the rules of this forum not to use them so I don't.

EDIT: I might have slipped in a few here or there over the years. :rolleyes:

SASQUATCH
10-03-2004, 04:27 AM
Slice is under heavy medication and should stay off the coffee at night as well. LOL j/k

Slice
10-03-2004, 04:33 AM
You are prob'ly right about most not caring. I'm not going to get into a debate on this because it's not worth my time trying to change your mind. It's just that "most" people can converse without using four letter words because their vocabulary is deep enough to subtitute alternatives to those types of words.

Besides it's the rules of this forum not to use them so I don't.

EDIT: I might have slipped in a few here or there over the years. :rolleyes:
But let's be honest here, is there really a word that gets your point across more than **** you? I don't care how grand your vocabulary is, let's face it this is part of our language. I also didn't direct that towards you in any way either.

Slice
10-03-2004, 04:35 AM
Slice is under heavy medication and should stay off the coffee at night as well. LOL j/k
Don't be ridiculous it's Saturday night it's beers all around. :P

SASQUATCH
10-03-2004, 04:45 AM
Don't be ridiculous it's Saturday night it's beers all around. :P

LMAO_LMAO

Death Engineer
10-03-2004, 07:03 AM
But let's be honest here, is there really a word that gets your point across more than **** you? I don't care how grand your vocabulary is, let's face it this is part of our language. I also didn't direct that towards you in any way either.

Well, lets see. How many different ways have you heard that term used? Sexually? Derogatorally? When you think about it, the clear answer is: Yes. It makes you look less intelligent to sink to the lowest common denominator and spew four letter words like a middle schooler.

A more mature response would be to plainly explain your position in clear, concise verbage so that people can not just understand that you are angry, but WHY you are angry.

Bingo
10-03-2004, 12:39 PM
But let's be honest here, is there really a word that gets your point across more than **** you?

Of course there is.

For example:

Person 1: **** you!

==OR==

Person 2: I wouldn't even piss on you if your guts were on fire!

Now which sounds more dramatic and fun? Which do you think would be the more fun person to go drink with??

Bingo - stirring up the pot

ME BIGGD01
10-03-2004, 12:42 PM
r rated-no kids please- http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html

;)

Free Styler
10-03-2004, 01:47 PM

;)
LOL nice find bigg

Death Engineer
10-03-2004, 03:41 PM

;)

That's exactly my point. The word doesn't really mean anything. People have overused the word until it's very definition has eroded.

Slice
10-03-2004, 10:04 PM
That's exactly my point. The word doesn't really mean anything. People have overused the word until it's very definition has eroded.
Yeah but action movies would suck with out swears. :P

EXEcution
10-03-2004, 10:10 PM
saying **** is so cliche

UZI
10-03-2004, 10:31 PM
LMAO Bigg.

Death Engineer
10-03-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah but action movies would suck with out swears. :P

I disagree. Nothing ruins a movie for me more than a barrage of meaningless 4 letter words. I mean, come on writers....you're paid to come up with something better than that IMHO.

Slice
10-04-2004, 12:08 AM
I disagree. Nothing ruins a movie for me more than a barrage of meaningless 4 letter words. I mean, come on writers....you're paid to come up with something better than that IMHO.
Let's see you rewrite that infamous sceen from Scarface with out them or better yet the whole Sopranos series.

FUS1ON
10-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Leading the Nascar championship with 7 races to go and to maybe lose the points lead because he cursed on TV. Pretty stupid on his part. Pfff Nascar fined and docked points from 2 other drivers this year already for the same thing, but they will prob'ly let him slide because his last name is Earnhardt. :rolleyes:
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/03/dearnhardtjr_curse/index.html

Slice
10-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Leading the Nascar championship with 7 races to go and to maybe lose the points lead because he cursed on TV. Pretty stupid on his part. Pfff Nascar fined and docked points from 2 other drivers this year already for the same thing, but they will prob'ly let him slide because his last name is Earnhardt. :rolleyes:
http://www.nascar.com/2004/news/headlines/cup/10/03/dearnhardtjr_curse/index.html
You know what I say it isn't his fault it is the networks. You would think that they would have learned from the whole Janet Jackson spectacle. Run your cameras 10 seconds behind when doing interviews and live close up shots. You know what kills me is we show live coverage of the war with bombs being dropped on innocent people and everyone is ok with it. Somebody swears and omg the needle scratches off the record and you are going to be fined and how dare you.