PDA

View Full Version : Qnext IM

Slice
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
I read a short article about this Instant Messanger in this months PC mag and was wondering if any of you have tried it? It is supposed to be pretty good from the review. It will interface will all the other Messangers currently on the market as well. www.qnext.com (http://www.qnext.com)

Death Engineer
10-03-2004, 11:47 PM
It's java. Ick. :P

Slice
10-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Well since nobody seems to be familiar with this program, I guinepigged it. (yes I made up a word) I really like it and plan on using it as my IM software now. Some cool features, you can click on anyones name in your contact list and change their name to what ever you want. Comes in handy when you are chatting with people you dislike or with those 1000 character names on your list. Obviously it only changes the way you see it and not the person on your chat list. ;) Another great thing built in spell check. It displays the word in red that is misspelled as you type and all you have to do is right click on the word and a little menu pops up with the suggestions and you can select right from the list and it replaces it in the IM window. There are many other neat things but you will just have to download it to discover them for yourself.

Pure_Evil
10-05-2004, 02:13 AM
just started using Gaim for all of my IM programs... but I need one for work that's mac friendly :P

Death Engineer
10-07-2004, 03:37 PM
spell checking for teh win!