PDA

View Full Version : Tribes game tonight

SALvation
10-04-2004, 05:49 PM
This is posted here but I want to get more attention for it:

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65446

Tribes is a game where the more the merrier so download the demo and join us at 10p EST.

Fragetti
10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Sal you ready?
am going in :)

Fragetti
10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Sorry I missed you all :(

I was on the server for awhile and bailed out around 10 after 10 or so. I was beat and went to bed. Hopefully we will try tonight.

To find the server do a search like Sal said. Look for Downward Spiral mark it as a fav. Double click to join. Once you enter the server hit esc and join a team. The only help I can find is in the game and a little on the Tribes site. You can change the game type from the in - game browser on the admin tab (you may have to vote it if your the only one in there.) I will try to help you as much as I can but this is all new to me too :)
Frag

ME BIGGD01
10-05-2004, 01:41 PM
i am downloading it now and will check it out. thanks for the link:thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
10-05-2004, 01:42 PM
just curious, is it worth buying or is it a game that people will just play for a little bit and then stop.

Fragetti
10-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Well right now we are all checking it out to see if it will be worth buying.:)
So far I like it. some things I dont but thats because I havent played it much and dont really know my way around the game yet. Hope to see you out there.
Frag

Death Engineer
10-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Try again tonight?

Pure_Evil
10-05-2004, 02:22 PM
just curious, is it worth buying or is it a game that people will just play for a little bit and then stop.
The original Tribes was quite popular with clans, the game took a little while to master. Tribes 2 was quite buggy and left out a lot of what hard core players liked with the original.

The Tribes Vengence post at SMS main forums has been the most popular post as of late. It seems all of the old SMS Tribers are coming back for this one and we already started a T V platoon, TWL already has a ladder started. It looks like the CTF mod will be the most popular and based on the Unreal Engine, it should have staying power.
link to GM thread (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64707) Slice posted a link here to the official site an there a good trailer to the game that shows it's potential.

Personally, I think the CTF mod will have serious competition and strong server support. But I doubt you'd see strong GM support since the game lacks the speed that a wide varriety of gamers here seem to crave. I do like the feel of this game, the weapons and armor choices. But the jetpack, sledding, and the grapling will take me a while to get used to.

If you're looking for something unique, this is a good place to start.

I'm hooping this will fill the void for me that Q-3 and SSSE couldn't.

SALvation
10-05-2004, 03:12 PM
I'll be on again tonight at 10p. Let's try and get some more folks in.

solid snake295
10-05-2004, 09:52 PM
i downloaded it last night and was playing a bit. i found it really fun and playable on dialup :woohoo:

ill see if i can catch a couple matches tonight if i get off school early (usually do )

also.... guess who i saw.
could it be??
OH N00O0EZ!!!

Dan2
10-06-2004, 04:56 AM
Fun games tonight!:thumbs:
Its got an onslaught feel to it.

Pure_Evil
10-06-2004, 11:40 AM
i downloaded it last night and was playing a bit. i found it really fun and playable on dialup :woohoo:

ill see if i can catch a couple matches tonight if i get off school early (usually do )

also.... guess who i saw.
could it be??
OH N00O0EZ!!!

Good one Solid http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/lol3.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/lol4.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/lol5.gif

Those were fun games, sorry I was late, I forgot I only had the beta version :rolleyes:

Fragetti
10-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Good games all ! was good to finaly hookup with a bunch of ya's

server didnt seem to run to bad :) I need to learn how to deploy all that stuff. I loved those michine guns you guys layed out around your flat. good tactic :) Lobbing a few mortors took care of them. hope to do it again soon. I think once I learn may way around the game I will like it even more.
Frag

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Let me know if you guys are going to do it again I would like to join in.

I like to know where I can download it.

SALvation
10-06-2004, 02:10 PM
Sas you can download the demo here:

http://www.tribesvengeance.com/us

And yes, deploying turrents, mines, and repair stations are the key to victory. Use "F" to grab them from a station and "F" again to deploy.

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Thank you and I am now downloading it.

Will be testing it out after I am done with dinner.

Both mouse of my went dead so I will be using an old one that sucks until tomorrow of Friday I will purchase two to replace.

Thx again to Sal and Pure for the info.

BTW are we going to play tonight?

solid snake295
10-06-2004, 09:48 PM
im up for a game tonight.

anybody master the grappleing hook yet?
i was in a pretty empty server the other night trying to swing around like tarzan :D

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Well I will not be showing up both mouse are dead on me and I try to use an old one I had laying around and try to play SS2 and it was a disaster. This old mouse gets stuck on me every min of the game.

I must have gone through at least 6 mouse controls in 8 months.

Anyone have any ideas to buy a good mouse and please no coreless mouse I hate them.

BTW I did try the game and it's a fun game and I like it.

SAS

ME BIGGD01
10-06-2004, 10:44 PM
if you like this game, i can not see why you don't like ut. i played this last night but felt it was not as graphical as ut or as good.

SALvation
10-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Why no cordless mice Sas? They have surpassed wired mice in the last few years.

Pure_Evil
10-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Logitech MX 500 is damn near indistructible. You know me and my gaming temper. :D

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 11:51 PM
if you like this game, i can not see why you don't like ut. i played this last night but felt it was not as graphical as ut or as good.

I like the idea of flying around that is why I like it but I will play it doesn't matter I will get one tomorrow or friday morning

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Why no cordless mice Sas? They have surpassed wired mice in the last few years.

No Coreless I have had bad luck with it Sal. I know it's strange but everytime I play with it, it dies on me LOL

I will try what Pure said to go for the Logitech 500 MX.

SASQUATCH
10-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Which Server should I look for you guys BTW?

Fragetti
10-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Which Server should I look for you guys BTW?
Sas
I run a demo server here

216.164.22.124:7777

Downward Spiral <> Tribes V server

SASQUATCH
10-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Sas
I run a demo server here

216.164.22.124:7777

Downward Spiral <> Tribes V server

I was there just now thank you Fragetti.

I use the heavy armor while I was swing around like tarzan it's cool man hehehe.

SASQUATCH
10-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I am going on in about 10 mins again hope to see you guys.

You can also use third view which I like, sweet.

ME BIGGD01
10-07-2004, 01:11 AM
i am there with sas, who else is joining?

thanks frag for the server:thumbs:

SASQUATCH
10-07-2004, 02:21 AM
That was fun Biggs.

BTW I couldn't get back on connection went down.

It's late now so I will catch you again tomorrow.

Thx Fragetti for the server it runs good. Sweet!

Fragetti
10-07-2004, 02:26 AM
NP guy's

I was at practice on the ut server. Pure and I didnt play TV until 9:30. sorry we missed you. How were your pings? (I was playing ut @ the same time) I like it so far...... am sure once I learn the game and play I will like even more.
Frag

ME BIGGD01
10-07-2004, 02:36 AM
i had no problem:thumbs:

Pure_Evil
10-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Your Tribes server runs fine, better than the UT one you used to put up. maybe TV is less demanding?