PDA

View Full Version : Best vid ever for aspiring scouts (tutorial vid)

Sepra
10-10-2004, 02:51 PM
I know some dont check VN and someone posted this there. Its a great tutorial. Strategy of a Scout (http://www.rpgfilms.net/nuke/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=99)

Grimmy
10-10-2004, 04:19 PM
I saw that there last night, and thought it was pretty good :thumbs:

Need more vids like this :thumbs:

Fotchi
10-10-2004, 08:10 PM
wow that was awesome....oh nooooooo I am getting a itch....not another 50 ;)

Mr Clean
10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
NOW someone comes out with scout help...:)

FUS1ON
12-03-2004, 10:39 PM
Bump for Blay, the link doesn't work anymore :banghead:

Found another one, it's broken to.
http://www.daoc-forum.de/thread.php?threadid=42658

OZZYOGRE
12-03-2004, 11:01 PM
This is the real scout tutorial

http://vnfiles.ign.com/camelot/videos/nov2004/steveb_0001.wmv

Sepra
12-03-2004, 11:21 PM
lol Ozzy ur vid is cool too :P

I didn't check that link Sho but if that doesn't work, I can e-mail it to you Blay. I have it on my HD.

SASQUATCH
12-04-2004, 03:12 AM
If you really want to learn to play your scout watch these guys play.
I always use to tag alone with them and these guys know how to play there scouts.

Nimblejack
Zunn

Also I use to ask Numblejack and Zunn a few questions about the scout in what they need and there specs. I consider them the best scouts in the game in Ingraine.

I always watch them play and at times I sit back and watch what they do and then I have a few tricks of my own. That video I would never do what that guy those he will die a lot easy especially now the way the magic spells that Mids and Hibs have that can hit you from the top of a tower.

It's not all that hard to know what you need and what to expect to do for a scout.
I would write a Tutorial but I am lazy and have not had the time to write one up but maybe oneday I will not sure.

Sepra
12-04-2004, 09:14 AM
Guess it's all a matter of opinion.

The video showed really nice usage of the macro'd /gt which new players might not think of doing. It also showed some good escape tactics as well as a couple other helpfull things. (do's and don'ts)

As far as casters in twrs....scouts range > caster range especially if you have bonus to archery range in your template. Even if they can reach you, you should be far enough away that a small sprint should lead you to saftey. That shouldn't even be an issue if you learn your range. If your concerned about mez, stun and NS......you should have at least Purge 1. If you watch Nimblejack, he's 95% always picking off people at towers.

SASQUATCH
12-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Everyone should learn how to use the macro once they begin to play the game period. It is mandatory to learn to use macro the minute you start to level. By the time you hit 50 you will use it wisely and the correct way.

SASQUATCH
12-05-2004, 12:07 AM
I didn't have range or the artifacts I needed but that explains why my tactics was different in order to play against hibs and mids.

Sepra
12-05-2004, 01:47 AM
No, no. Not just a macro for /stick, /face, /assist and such. I too learned that when I first started the game but I was talking about using a macro to set a ground target. (which nobody uses in PvE and alot of times wont know) I learned this before I watched this video but it's something I never thought of. I'd always sloppily try to get my ground target set and moved to desired spot in the middle of my fight which took away from what I was doing. (holding F5 and moving arrow keys in a fight is just not good) I never knew about pre-setting location coordinates for the /gt.

I learned this when nimble said he uses a macro'd /gt in his everyday gameplay pre-set with his bow range to judge distance. (very clever) and then it's wise to do as this guy does and go a step further and make another pre-set coordinate macro for your FZ. (I cant remember what my FZ macro is set at but the distance works well)

SASQUATCH
12-05-2004, 05:03 AM
That is important that many do not do at all.

That is why Nimblejack and Zunn I consider the best scouts out there and do know how to play it very well. They also have artifacts up to there ears which helps a great deal.

I think I did very well considering that I didn't have these important artifacts for my scout and had no choice but to use different tactics to compete.

I been considering to create a Hunter to test out a couple of things and see how well I will do in the battle grounds.

I had fun with the scout and I still consider a scout fun to use but SB is so much fun which I been playing a lot and it rocks.