PDA

View Full Version : Please

Caged Anger
10-12-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm about to give up all hope, please help me!!! I still am having trouble hooking up to sam servers. I get ther Wseavail error thing. The thing that only appears when sam is being blobked by a firewall. ALL MY FIREWALLS ARE DOWN!!! Hackers are having a field day sorting through my hard drive and I still cannot log in.

I even made it under the McAfee section for programs granted full access to the net so that sam was given that. And still whenever I get to receiving CRC, it kicks out. What should I do guys??????????

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2004, 10:09 PM
caged, i think you mentioned you are using mcafee firewall am i right?

did you install sp2 on your system? if so go to control center and check security settings. you may have windows xp firewall on also. try to disable that first and then try sam. if it works, post back and we will configure your firewall back up. if it doesnt, post back and we will figure whats going on. also chck the time on your pc to make sure it's accurate.

also i just want to let you know that software firewalls will not always protect you. there are better solutions. you will open a port and give access through it which is why it's not always a good option. also there is a reason behind ntfs o help protect you:thumbs:

Caged Anger
10-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes, McAfee. SP2 and firewall has been disabled

As for the time, I hit for it to update, but it keeps saying an error occured. McAfee firewall down and still nothing.

Is there something I'm missing? I checked the McAfee service ports that ca be manually opened, but, lol, they're all open. What's next on your list Biggs?

Die Hard
10-12-2004, 10:45 PM
Caged why don't you grant permission for BIGG to remotely take over your PC. Do it in private and I'm sure he will sort it out for you. Right BIGG?

Caged Anger
10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
is that possible over a dial up connection? I'm not worried about him stealing any info, I don't do anything on my comp except games, lol, and homework.
(He can have that stuff)

ME BIGGD01
10-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Yes, McAfee. SP2 and firewall has been disabled

As for the time, I hit for it to update, but it keeps saying an error occured. McAfee firewall down and still nothing.

Is there something I'm missing? I checked the McAfee service ports that ca be manually opened, but, lol, they're all open. What's next on your list Biggs?if it says it failed, you are way off on time and maybe date. do it manually and then restart your pc. after that, i want you to goto taskmgr.exe (hit ctrl alt del) or type taskmgr in the run at start button. start closing off ll processes and see if you can get into the game. also right click on netowk places--goto properties and see if any of your network connections have a lock on the icon.

i am still going with your time being way off:thumbs:

do one thing at a time during trouble shooting:thumbs:

Caged Anger
10-13-2004, 12:06 AM
succesfully updated, time and date didn't change

as for the process list, I've shut everything off that I can without either the modem ceasing to function or that error message from the sasser bug popping up. Yes, the sasser error message. The one that gives 30 secs til the comp reboots. I know the whole shutdown -a.

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
10-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Maybe try here:

http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=39856

Just a wild guess.

Caged Anger
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
ya know what, all SP2 has given me is grief. Is there any way I can get it outta my system?

and by the way, I'm trying a new route. I have a bunch of spyware/adware shields up and running and thinking they might be interfering. I shut them all off so hopefully it will work. Hope to ehar bakc soon about SP2!!!

OUTLAWS Tip
10-13-2004, 06:48 PM
succesfully updated, time and date didn't change

as for the process list, I've shut everything off that I can without either the modem ceasing to function or that error message from the sasser bug popping up. Yes, the sasser error message. The one that gives 30 secs til the comp reboots. I know the whole shutdown -a.

You still have sasser? That shutdown -a is a temporary solution. Get rid of that sucker!!
Free download to remove worm from McAfee (http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/)

SALvation
10-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Are you 100% sure you have the Windows firewall off? Take a screenshot of it being off because it sure sounds like its still on.

Caged Anger
10-13-2004, 07:01 PM
oke, A)Sasser is gone. I scanned with all the removal and sasser specific searches and they all came up clean. B)Here's the screenie of winfirewall being off. and C)The whole adware/spyware shield thing proved fruitless, still couldn't get in.

In pic, it shows firewall on in background but that's only because I put it back up when I'm not trying sam

Caged Anger
10-13-2004, 07:34 PM
also, here is a task list after I have disabled all firewall/spybot shields
still no luck and I've tried everything

Caged Anger
10-14-2004, 06:39 PM
THIS THING IS DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!

ok,other night I killed a whole bunch of processes again and it let me play sam. I finish in one server, go to another one, AND IT BLOCKS ME! I check the process list, and EVERYTHING'S THE SAME! Nothing started, nothing disappeared.
Will somebody tell another way to deal with this besides pitching it out the window?

Caged Anger
10-15-2004, 09:36 PM
.....I don't wanna crab at you guys, but I really want sam to work. I do not know what else to try. And to make things even more puzzling, I can play quake just fine.

Gamemeccians, please don't let me down!

NightBreed
10-15-2004, 11:36 PM
:dunno: Wish I could help ya.. gotta be a fix somehow..

ME BIGGD01
10-16-2004, 05:25 AM
cage, you are infested with viruses/trojans from that taskmgr pic. do yourself a favor--clean install. i made a post abut this in your other thread.

Caged Anger
10-16-2004, 06:43 PM
just for my own knowledge, lol, could you point out the bad ones, just so that I know for future reference when some things have gone bad.

NightBreed
10-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey CA,
do a search of the processes you have running here (http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm)
This'll tell you what belongs and what doesn't...Good luck !! :thumbs:

For the ones not listed, just do a search in Google..That dialer.exe is gonna be a lot of your problems though,

Death Engineer
10-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Don't download SP2. :P

Caged Anger
10-17-2004, 02:52 AM
ok, for nightbreed, lol, I can't get rid of the dialer.exe because it is my dial up net dialer. yes, even though illegal, they use it. I called them up and asked them and they got quite defensive. (stupid nooB's) and as for DE, lol, I didn't download SP2, I ordered the CD (wink)

thx for the link nightbreed