PDA

View Full Version : not allocated

noldhor
10-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Okay, I have a partition here, in english i think its called Not allocated, is it possible to erase this partition.

I have 3 partitions: Fat32: 3,34 Go
NTFS: 23,98 Go
Not allocated: 10,85 Go

I want only 2 partitions, my fat32 as usual and ntfs, I dont want the Not allocated partition anymore. I dont know how to do that, someone can help me pls? I right click on my computer, then on manage, them on disk management and now but dont know what to do now...

Goober
10-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong oh tech guru's but I think all you need to do is increase the size of one of the 2 existing partitions to use up the un allocated 10.85gb.

I found this.
To extend a basic volume
Open Command Prompt.
Type:
diskpart

At the DISKPART prompt, type:
list volume

Make note of the number of the basic volume you want to extend.

select volume n

Selects the basic volume, n, you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

extend [size=n]

Extends the selected volume by size=n megabytes (MB).

noldhor
10-13-2004, 08:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong oh tech guru's but I think all you need to do is increase the size of one of the 2 existing partitions to use up the un allocated 10.85gb.

I found this.
To extend a basic volume
Open Command Prompt.
Type:
diskpart

list volume

Make note of the number of the basic volume you want to extend.

select volume n

Selects the basic volume, n, you want to extend into contiguous, empty space on the same disk.

extend [size=n]

Extends the selected volume by size=n megabytes (MB).

Hey Thx Goober! Windows is more simple than linux but still I have a lot to learn hehe! Thx for helping :thumbs: