PDA

View Full Version : keyboard quit working

Grimmy
10-14-2004, 05:05 PM
I have the logitech elited duo, and using my mx700 instead of the other mouse. Was gaming last night, then all of a sudden I couldn't move, couldn't type, couldn't do anything with the keyboard. I hit the connect button on the reciever and the keyboard, nothing. I fould some other batteries, changed them out, still nothing.

This morning I could use the volume button and 1 or 2 of the iTouch buttons, but nothing on the keyboard.

Any ideas? Think my keyboard or the reciever is fried? I am going to try this on my laptop and see what it does. Will get back to you on that.

Grimmy
10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
OK, I think the keyboard it's self is back, because I can grab my roommates wireless keyboard and connect with it using my reciever and type with it (typing with it now)

Weird a keyboard just goes out like that. Anyone else experience this before?

FUS1ON
10-14-2004, 09:20 PM
Pssst. Your sig has the wrong alliance info now. ;)
Wrong forum, Slaps DE on the hand for spamming ;)

Death Engineer
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Oops. Muh bad. Seriously though. Fix your sig Grimm...

Also, if you have confirmed that another keyboard works, I would just trash the kb. You can get a decent one cheap these days. Note that the cheap kb will go bad in a year or 2, but they're all made out of cheap junk these days anyways. :)

Who else loves poopy keyboards?

Caged Anger
10-15-2004, 09:48 PM
ah, I too have experienced such a problem with my last keyboard. It was on a calm peaceful night. My computer was flying and so were the sam bullets. I raced around trying to fire back and when the lag would not let me shoot or move, I began to randomly start pushing multiple buttons. It never recovered.

R.I.P. Dell Quiet Key (hey look, now I a poet, lol)

Grimmy
10-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Picked up a replacement, the logitech mx duo from staples. What was funny, it ran up 99.99, but on the shelf it was marked 69.99 so I scored me $30 off, and got a brand new mx700 with charging station, and the exact replacement for the keyboard that crapped out on me. Hell of a deal there, since bestbuy wants 60-70 for the mx700 itself. :thumbs: