PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Colorado

UZI
10-15-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey,
For all of you other old guys out there, does the Government still put out pamphlets from Pueblo Colorado? Remember when you were kids and it seemed like the answer for getting info on something was to write to Pueblo, Colorado for an information pamphlet.

I actually ran across one from 1972 and could not stop laughing.

Maybe it has been replace by the internet. Sighhhhhhhhhh. Those were the days.

ME BIGGD01
10-15-2004, 04:56 AM
hey uzi, can you scan one and show us? i would like to see one if you have a scanner. thanks in advanced. i am not familiar with it so would like to know exactly what they are and what they were intended for.:thumbs:

UZI
10-15-2004, 05:23 AM
http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/results.tpl?id1=16&startat=1&--woSECTIONSdatarq=16&--SECTIONSword=ww

Finally found it. It is now a web site so it still exists, but they use to all be government written and paid for pamphlets on all sorts of topics. Health/Medical, how to buy a car, how to get a loan, sex education and some crazy topics like "How to survive a nuclear attack - just duck and cover". Back in the late 50's, 60's, and early 70's they use to always advertise these at school and on TV.

I saw a copy in a Doctors office recently, so I don't have a hard copy.

You would send a letter to a government building in Pueblo, Colo. to order it. It was kind of like a joke when I was a kid. How did your room get so messy? Well Mom, I order a pamphlet from Pueblo, Colorado on how to mess up my room. I am going out on a date, I had better order a pamphlet.

Crap I'm getting old.

UZI
10-15-2004, 05:30 AM
My brain clicked when Caged Anger asked about the Stock info. My thought was "maybe Pueblo, Colo. has a pamphlet".

Bizzare how the mind works huh.

ME BIGGD01
10-15-2004, 06:00 AM
thank's uzi, you are a great addition to this forum. :thumbs: i knew you would be:thumbs:

NightBreed
10-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow..I remember those ads....

I'm old too... :(

Fantum309
10-15-2004, 12:59 PM
My thoughts about Pueblo Colorado when i was a kid were, I didn't know they had pueblos in Colorado, I thought they were all down in Mexico!

Caged Anger
10-15-2004, 09:39 PM
hey, you mentioned my hot topic of late, thx for the link. Hope they have something good, and if not, I'm sure the sex ed would be hilarious...especially if its written by any of the Clinton administration, lol. j/k