PDA

View Full Version : Need Clerics

scottish
10-16-2004, 04:26 AM
Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics Need Rvr Clerics

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-16-2004, 08:07 AM
We have a bunch in the guild. they just like playing other toons atm.

Shura78
10-16-2004, 08:21 AM
Asap I got my items SC my cleric will be RvR rdy, just hope I still remember how to heal :D

Sepra
10-16-2004, 09:18 AM
I have a cleric but I suck really, really, really bad in RvR. PvE clericing is easy and predictable and always in a concentrated area but RvR clericing is just so hard for me. People die quicker than I can heal, grp members being out of range, constantly oop and I get really upset and feel bad about my job when people die cuz I suck....It's discouraging. :(

I could start playing her more but everyone would have to bear with my steep learning curve and I most definetly SHOULDN'T be primary healer for the grp.

Saretta
10-16-2004, 10:06 AM
Oh well my cleric was out all day yesterday.
I usually play in the morning afternoon shift since nighttime est is early morning here and sometime I need to sleep too :(

Sep it is normal that the guys die faster than u can heal - try to get DI 2 (helps a little), 25% heal bonus, a high power pool, mcl 1 or 2 and raging power as back up, possibly a power font, perfect recovery (woot no power cost rez) and around 300 dex when u are buffed.
Don't feel bad when they die, just rez asap and say "Sorry" to them. No cleric can keep all the people alive.

Edit: I forgot the 10% castig speed ;)

Sepra
10-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Oh speaking of casting bonuses. I did find out that bonus to casting range increases heal range for regular heals only. Spread heals dont benefit from the bonus.

Sauron
10-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Mine's only 43 atm and if he hits 50 i'd play same time like Bain does

FUS1ON
10-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm kinda like Sep, I need to be 2nd healer for a while to get the gist of things in RvR. I botted this toon to 50 but since it got there, i've been playing it more and learning. I can only learn so much from reading though and I realize I need to get out and just do it. See ya out there soon.

Death Engineer
10-16-2004, 06:09 PM
I have to say that last night was the most fun I have EVER had in RvR. I made nearly 18% of my total RPs earning over 30k over about 8 hours (I know...I'm an addict).

I have a long way to go though. Britonator showed me what a true healing cleric looks like healing for over 100k hit points (I logged with 20k hp healed).

After last night, the only thing holding me back is my template/spec. Several people offered their RA respec stones last night. I'd just like to say thanks to the guild for making this game come alive again for me. Now you're going to have to deal with my dirty jokes, language/grammer censoring, etc more often!!

Prepare for INC requests for arties. :)

Pack
10-16-2004, 07:17 PM
:D Glad to hear such enthusiasm on people playing a cleric actively :)
All it takes is a little practice and keeping your group informed on what you need.

Heck, enough people start alternating in clerics and I might be able to level up a toon other than a primary healer :D

Good luck any of you willing to come out, and I will ALWAYS be available to help with any questions you have or any assistance you might need.

HURRAH FOR CLERICS!! lol

Duckputter
10-16-2004, 07:47 PM
I know I haven't been on much lately, been kinda dealing with some stuff right now. I hope to be on playing again soon...I just hope I remember how to heal.

scottish
10-16-2004, 09:12 PM
I posted this out of shear frustration, Im glad to see it has gotten a good responce, and that many are willing to play a cleric. It takes time to learn where to be and the best places to heal and what heals to use. I would be lying if I said a cleric is easy to play. In pve yes. RVR no. If anyone would like some questions answered, plz feel free to ask me. There is no Cleric TL anymore and the position is open.

Death Engineer
10-16-2004, 10:01 PM
I nominate Scottish. ;) I would nominate Gemfyre, but there was that whole incident with mounting that ram...

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-18-2004, 12:18 PM
I could roll two 50 Rejuv spec clerics and just spam spread heals like crazy. :D

Death Engineer
10-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Yes....you could. I don't see that happening though Mr. Team Ice Wizzy.

Grimmy
10-18-2004, 09:24 PM
I just use my cleric as bot with di2 and some spam healage. Thinking of respecing him though, almost got all my toa gear for buff bonus, and just spec high enough to get all yellow buffs, and then the rest into rejuv to help in healing/rezzing in tower/keep takes :)

Oh and sticking to my sorc and stunning for extra cc :D

Shura78
10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Ok My cleric is back in action for RvR :D

scottish
10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Your nominating me for TL?

Death Engineer
10-19-2004, 02:06 AM
Why not?

scottish
10-19-2004, 02:55 AM
If you can get the majority of the alb population behind me ill will apply for the position. I dont think im as good everyone says is am though.

Death Engineer
10-19-2004, 03:57 AM
I'll prepare your reports for you if you make it. :)

Seriously Stoned
10-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Brit, I think your far to modest, I know when I've been in groups with you in the past you did a great job! :thumbs:

Rejuvenia
10-19-2004, 12:47 PM
i love to play my cleric in rvr or pve .... call me anytime for a group .... rvr is very hard to do and frustrating but the more i play the better i get .... i just need to get out there more i guess .... i need to get off my crafting butt .... lol