PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Review Writers

SALvation
10-20-2004, 07:17 PM
We're looking for a couple of people to write regular reviews for the site. It would be normal review duties where you follow the format already being used in the Articles system here at GM. We need people that have good grammar and English skills.

If selected, you would receive a GM email address, and be allowed to contact publishers to review their games on GM's behalf. Honestly, don't expect the AAA titles like Halo 2 to be flowing into your mailbox, it would start off with the B-class titles from smaller publishers which are eager to have them reviewed. Honestly, some of the games will suck and be hard to write about, but its all worth it when you get a press account to a game like Everquest 2 which means free game + unlimited play time with no monthly fees. It's definitely a labor of love.

So if you're interested, let me know or post here. I may ask for a sample review to see how you do. Remember, the reason for doing this would mainly be to get GM more exposure and help us grow.

JIMINATOR
10-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Sign me up.... HL2 is in the works.... :thumbs:

Die Hard
10-20-2004, 07:44 PM
I would be interested. Never done it before so I'd need some advice.

He Is Legend
10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I would love to do it

As well I would need advice

EXEcution
10-20-2004, 08:26 PM
I have excellent grammar skills and would love to review sum games. :P
How long of a review would you be looking for, and do we need to actually have played the games to write em?

JIMINATOR
10-20-2004, 08:43 PM
just make up a bunch of stuff and type it in.... :thumbs:

Dissectional
10-20-2004, 08:43 PM
I think I would be in the market to try it. I would be more willing to do console games for the PS2 or 'Cube though.

EXEcution
10-20-2004, 09:04 PM
just make up a bunch of stuff and type it in.... :thumbs:
i have a vivid imagination so i guess it would work out perfectly :cool:

JIMINATOR
10-20-2004, 09:09 PM
i have a vivid imagination so i guess it would work out perfectly :cool:

that and a strong right hand will allow you to work wonders... :thumbs:

Dissectional
10-21-2004, 12:21 AM
that and a strong right hand will allow you to work wonders... :thumbs:
Ha ha!

Caged Anger
10-21-2004, 01:29 AM
In all honesty, this sounds like the ideal job to hone up on my writing skillz, but alas, with my unreliable system and my studies, I would be afraid that the reviews would go the same way as my signatures, left behind

SPAWN
11-08-2004, 12:33 AM
I R Teh Bomm Wit Gramar!!

It appears that you have aquired enough applicants for the umm how should i say reviews but seriously if ya'll eva need somebody just give me a rang. ya heard. I wouldnt type really intelligent because you want people to understand you but i do type pretty fast. So just let me know if you need me. :thumbs:

by the way i can only do computer games. :thumbs: