PDA

View Full Version : Earthy Wizzy Spec

Cheap Bastard2
10-21-2004, 09:43 PM
What is a good spec for an earth wizzy. I have read 41 earth then 20 in either ice or fire? -

Saretta
10-21-2004, 09:45 PM
Hmm I would suggest to check the vn elementalist board for that.

From my feeling i would either go 44 or 48 in earth and rest either in fire or ice.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Honestly you will gimp yourself playing an Earth Wizzy.
I have one on Pend that I played for about 10 hours.

Speced 50 Earth rest in Ice.
That spec gives you one Matter Bolt
aoe dd/snare (which gets resisted alot)
GTAOE 1500 units castable every 6 seconds (does not stack with relics or any other bonus)
A decent dot which is nice.

In a keep/tower seige it may be an ok spec but for anything else it sucks.
I have my minis in earth on my wiz. The only time I ever use any of the specs is if I can't get los. So I wind up setting up a Gt near the enemy and setting it off every 6 secs for interupt purposes (only does about 20 dmg)

It's great to leech.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-21-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok I just logged in to check a few things for ya.

At 42 in Earth you get Aoe Snare 99% spd decrease
43 You get the last Gtaoe 155dmg
44 you get a Dmg Shield 4.6
nothing at 45
46 you get a matter bolt 306 dmg
47 you get Aoe DD/Snare 35% spd decrease
48 you get a Matter dot 87 per tick

Copiouse
10-22-2004, 02:49 AM
I went to R5 in OF with earth wiz. Its not nerf, its more of a support caster without speed. You can do alot to control the flow of a battle. The aoe root is fast and nasty... best alb has. The dd aoe snare is exactly what alot of battles call for. Would love to see an moc earth wiz spamming lava field while while word and asmiria blast with aoe DD. Your own dd is limited of course but the earth bolt is nice. Power usage is pretty rough due to those damn baseline nukes though. Gtaoe is crappy useless damage now, but can be pretty fun hunting towers/keeps with your GT to pass the time. Not a spec for the feint hearted. Creativity ftw

Yetti
10-29-2004, 09:56 PM
ya definitely dont think earth spec is nerfed, could use some more utility, but couldn't all of alb? Great flow control, nice wtf dot. Teamed with NM RA, would seem that this guy's a bada$$. Doesn't pack the biggest punch, but a secondary form of crowd control isn't something to turn your head from:) If you're just looking for DoT damage... cabbies rule that department. Otherwise, GL with the earth wiz, they're fun.