PDA

View Full Version : Redskins loss means Kerry wins tomorrow....

JIMINATOR
11-01-2004, 04:29 PM
The Greenbay Packer's 28-14 victory over the Washington Redskins Sunday means John Kerry will win the election...

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/election.asp

Winning Tradition

Claim: The outcome of Washington Redskins home football games has correctly predicted the winner of every U.S. presidential election since 1936.

lol... it will be really funny if this turns out to be the case....

FUS1ON
11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
I saw something on one of those network early morning shows this past Friday about Halloween costumes, they mentioned that in election years the mask of the presidential canidate that sold the most usually wins the election. This year Bush outsold Kerry. Who knows?

Thundarr
11-01-2004, 05:08 PM
The Greenbay Packer's 28-14 victory over the Washington Redskins Sunday means John Kerry will win the election...

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/election.asp

Winning Tradition

Claim: The outcome of Washington Redskins home football games has correctly predicted the winner of every U.S. presidential election since 1936.

lol... it will be really funny if this turns out to be the case....

I could handle that!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
11-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I still think a few million will wake up and vote for Cobb!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/2cents.gif

EdoG
11-01-2004, 06:17 PM
I saw something on one of those network early morning shows this past Friday about Halloween costumes, they mentioned that in election years the mask of the presidential canidate that sold the most usually wins the election. This year Bush outsold Kerry. Who knows?

:thumbs: I hope! :)

Thundarr
11-01-2004, 06:46 PM

Hey, wait! Did they count the Herman Muenster costumes towards Kerry's total??? :D

Dangerous Dan
11-01-2004, 07:07 PM
it would be interesting to put both of those records side by side and see what has happened in situations where both contradict the other :hmmm:

JIMINATOR
11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
the mask thing has only been done the past couple of elections, but the football thing since the 1930's....

anyway i think like when people become aware of stuff like this, then they break, like the "Stock market performance is predicted by the winner of the Super Bowl" thingy...

look for a special bush victory salute tribute tomorrow if he loses.... :thumbs:

TheMaster
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
A Bush supporter earlier said that John Kerry will win the election if the Red Sox win the World Series. Well the Sox won. :thumbs:

Also history shows that since the 1900s, the incumbant loses re-election if the DJIA (Dow-Jones Industrial Average) falls .5% or more in October. This October, the Dow fell .52%. :hmmm:

ME BIGGD01
11-01-2004, 09:36 PM
you people are embarrassing. i lo how you all can base something on statistics here but not look at kerry's stat's. it only goes to sho you peol ejust read anything ad believe it. how american:rolleyes:

OUTLAWS 9.99repeating^32
11-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Here's an interesting web-site:

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/predictors.htm

Thundarr
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
you people are embarrassing. i lo how you all can base something on statistics here but not look at kerry's stat's. it only goes to sho you peol ejust read anything ad believe it. how american:rolleyes:

Oh good grief, people are just trying to lighten things up for crying out loud, haven't you had enough of turning on the television and dodging the mud???? :rolleyes:

EXEcution
11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
even tho kerry's mask is scarier, people would rather dress up as a dumb@$$ :P

Slice
11-01-2004, 11:59 PM
the mask thing has only been done the past couple of elections, but the football thing since the 1930's....

anyway i think like when people become aware of stuff like this, then they break, like the "Stock market performance is predicted by the winner of the Super Bowl" thingy...

look for a special bush victory salute tribute tomorrow if he loses.... :thumbs:
I wouldn't plan on knowing tomorrow who are president is going to be. With a race this close you can expect numerous recounts....

EdoG
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't plan on knowing tomorrow who are president is going to be. With a race this close you can expect numerous recounts....

I agree with you

TheMaster
11-02-2004, 12:34 AM
I agree with you

Well I'm glad we can agree on something. :D

EXEcution
11-02-2004, 01:00 AM
i agree that it will be a tie and the two candidates will then duel it out in a game of ssam.

TheMaster
11-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Which will end in a tie and the race will then head to a tourney in UT2004.