PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 is almost out

ZeLL
11-09-2004, 01:57 AM
who's getting it? I'm getting it at midnight tonight and i'm dragging some buddies with me so i dont get my ass kicked from the thugs who hang around the mall. 6 hours away :D :D :D. I'm excited. if you are considering buying it, check out any of the reviews from gamespy or any other gaming site. Its seriously gonna be awesome. i only hope i get more than 4 hours of sleep for school tomarrow :)

Asian Invasian
11-09-2004, 04:33 AM
I bet it makes over 1 billion within the first hour =\

OUTLAWS Tip
11-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I broke down and picked up an XBox last week. Fiddled my way through Crimson Skies and I am supposed to get the original Halo from a buddy at work. Once I get a feel for it, I'll be picking Halo2 up. Picked up the headset too, so when I get things sorted out I'll have 14 months of Xbox live to play with.
:D :cool:

Asian Invasian
11-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Nice! its supposed to actually make 7 million in 24 hours but i was close :P anyway halo is too addicting if you want to have a life im warning you now tip just dont buy it :P :P

solid snake295
11-09-2004, 09:13 AM
picked it up at 12, been playing it for the past 3 and a half hours.
its pretty damn good. :thumbs:

SALvation
11-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Actually it made 75 million just from preorders. I think I'll pick up Halo 1 today first and then try out 2 if I like it.

burnthewitch
11-09-2004, 02:48 PM
We should have a legendary Halo club. Members: Twitch and ZeLL :P

OUTLAWS Tip
11-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Nice! its supposed to actually make 7 million in 24 hours but i was close :P anyway halo is too addicting if you want to have a life im warning you now tip just dont buy it :P :P

No worries, I just weaned myself off of DAOC.
:D

SALvation
11-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Damnit. I was walking by EB today thinking maybe I would take a look at it on display or something when I walked into a wall of people. I've never seen more than 5 people at once in the store but today they had a line going out the doors and extending maybe 50ft. In the food court there were business men in suits and retired couples reading the damn instructions while they ate lunch. Now I must have the game. I've never even played Halo 1, but damnit, I must be part of the revolution!

JIMINATOR
11-09-2004, 06:15 PM
lol, halo, everyone I have talked says it is monstrously addictive, it is what made the xbox.... although i didn't care for the pc version... now with online game play... I suspect that many people are going berzerk, i know my nephews are.

Ra\/en
11-09-2004, 06:39 PM
I must say.. i would like to play the game. I played halo 1 with 3 xboxes connected the other weekend, and it was super fun stuff. like 12 of us all goin at it. Good times.

MR. SLiK
11-09-2004, 06:56 PM
halo is way overrated and in some cases unbalanced. youve played better on the pc already.

EXEcution
11-09-2004, 07:51 PM
yea its gonna be a good game, but not THAT GOOD.
its still an fps, sure its new and has alot of stuff its predecessor didn't, but i dont think that its incredibly innovative, gonna go with my friend to pick it up (he's the one with the xbox)

JIMINATOR
11-09-2004, 08:18 PM
bah, dated graphics. they may have more special effects, but it is the same 3 year old gpu, so i doubt the overall visual quality will have improved.... :hmmm:

but maybe someone can give us a review....

burnthewitch
11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
Oh I know Halo is not the best thing if you have a PC, believe me, and I get annoyed too when people start shouting out things like:

"OMG t3h besat evOR!!111!!1oneone!!"

I would take Farcry over it, and probably Half Life 2...on that we will have to see...but when I consider the pain of Steam in comparisson with the relative ease of XBOX Live, its far more accessible.

And not all PC FPS's rock. Doom III anyone?

Oh yeah, anyone who claims graphics take precedent over gameplay will get a visit from me personally and I will beat you to death with my old PS2.

SALvation
11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
What's tempting is I just bought a TV card for my PC so I have the component inputs now to play any console system on my monitor. I also see this which lets you use a keyboard and mouse to play:

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=5438&lsaid=322441

So I would be playing it exactly like a PC FPS, and also have a big advantage if I decided to play online. Hmmmm....

EXEcution
11-09-2004, 08:55 PM
AND
you could make a Halo 2 movie as well :P

JIMINATOR
11-09-2004, 08:56 PM
nice concept, you could probably do some ownage if it gives a smooth and linear response, problem being that gamepads are pretty much 9 position devices, the acceleration of a mouse may not translate well, but on the other hand, i may not know what the hell i am talking about... :D

Asian Invasian
11-10-2004, 12:02 AM
So far i havent lost a game once im 3-0 in my halo 2 history too bad i couldnt play another 5 hours on deathmatch :(

Nitro
11-10-2004, 12:59 AM
So far i havent lost a game once im 3-0 in my halo 2 history too bad i couldnt play another 5 hours on deathmatch :(
i never lost a game either in Halo ;)
i are teh ponzor in bloodgulch :P

Asian Invasian
11-10-2004, 01:23 AM
if only i can play you 1v1 :P

Insomnia
11-10-2004, 03:08 AM
ha im thinking about gettin an Xbox sndz awesome.. i should sell the ps2 or sell sum games i dont play ..

SALvation
11-10-2004, 08:07 PM
OK so I picked up the game last night and I plan on using XBConnect to play some co-op online. Has anyone else tried this or plan on trying it? It's free...

http://www.xbconnect.com

burnthewitch
11-10-2004, 10:16 PM
You cannot play co-op online. And you really need Live man, XBConnect is no subsitute.

ZeLL
11-10-2004, 11:43 PM
holy crap you guys went crazy with this thread.

Yah it's a pretty cool game. I have to say that being burnt out on the first halo, and halo 2 gameplay not being too different, its not as exciting as i thought it would be. but all the new stuff makes up for it. welding 2 weapons is awesome.

single player is really cool, but once i buy xbox live i think i'll find it even better.
what do you think of xbox live twitch?

The graphics in Halo2 are better, i read that they used some sort of new way going about the graphics, and they actually used less pixels... go figure. but i'm deffinately satisfied. the AI is great. not perfect, but deffinately better than Halo 1. you dont even gotta drive the bugy's anymore, the cpu will drive it if your feeling like gunning down some foos. the new weapons are fricken awesome. the energy sword owns. to some it up, the variety they added to the game will really make me play single player many more times through. so much in the maps to explore that i didn't even get close to yet.

EXEcution
11-11-2004, 12:19 AM
The graphics have this "glow" effect that makes the game look really good.
I played it at my friends, mulyiplayer is pretty fun esp that sword! :D

OUTLAWS Tip
11-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Looking forward to it. Haven't played halo at all, except for the pc demo for the original. Hooking my router back up and looking forward to being a halo nob for a bit. Plan on picking Halo2 in the next week or so.
:D

Rivers
11-11-2004, 04:29 AM
Played it at a friends house....it was alright but i was never a huge Halo fan so I'll wait till it hits PC to even consider buying it. I got my crosshairs set on Half Life 2 and Medal of Honor Pacific Assult and Metroid Prime 2 Echos.

solid snake295
11-11-2004, 04:31 AM
anyone else beat it yet?
im pretty dissapointed with the length if the game, im sure theres more levels on harder difficulty but still.... blah

SALvation
11-11-2004, 04:49 AM
The numbers are in and the game sold 2.4 million copies on Day 1 for a total of $125 million dollars. Like the game or not, its launch will be considered a milestone in gaming history.

Asian Invasian
11-11-2004, 05:28 AM
im adding 50 dollars to that on friday :) im sure that doesnt include the other million people that bought an xbox just for this game
125 mil is already rediculous and is the biggest game in history for me :)

ZeLL
11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
i imagine i'm close to the end. i've heard its pretty short, and i've played quite a bit so far.

SALvation
11-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Well today I am selling my copy back to EB for $35. I tried to have fun with it, but every time I played I kept thinking about how I was trying to force myself to like it. I guess I just can't take a FPS on a console. I also thought the MP was slow paced and boring.

So I lost $15 on this one, but I got to play the game for a week, and got 2 free months of XBox Live.

EXEcution
11-17-2004, 03:43 AM
i know how u feel SAL, i didn't like it all that much myself, its fun to chat with people and mess around on the servers, but it kinda slow paced (unless u put the vehicles to good use)
there are some new tricks, but it's still the same Halo.
not a bad game at all, just needs to be a bit faster :P

JIMINATOR
11-17-2004, 04:36 AM
halo 2 is so yesterday.... :D

EXEcution
11-17-2004, 05:19 AM
lol
half life 2 is so today

burnthewitch
11-17-2004, 03:07 PM
And here I've beat Halo 2, Half Life 2 AND San Andreas.

Asian Invasian
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
oh yea well i have a life... :P