PDA

View Full Version : how many of you own a bose wave radio?

JIMINATOR
11-10-2004, 05:08 AM
just curious, i keep seeing the ads, the radio one is $350, add a cd player and it is $500, get the "music system" (which offers no more features except that you can buy addons) for $1080....

Is it me, or is this all just ludicrous? They have been advertising the same thing with the same consumer reports quotes for the past 10 years. I am sure it sounds good, but consumer reports has ranked other cheaper units higher. so $350 for an am/fm radio? like come on. who falls for this crap? Not to knock bose, because they do make great speakers, but take two small speakers, put them in a big plastic box with chambers, add a fm radio (+remote!!! woo hoo! + clock!!! double woo hoo!!!) and charge $350 for it??? Anyway it just strikes me as odd for the multitudes of ads that i see for this thing....

FUS1ON
11-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Yep same here man, and i've never even seen one in person. I don't see how they can afford to run so many ads and the same thing goes for Bowflex.

BobtheCkroach
11-10-2004, 06:14 AM
We have one (i think my dad has it at work), but we got it 5 or 6 years ago when they were just coming out and were actually superior quality...oh yeah...the price was decent back then, too...still not cheap, but much more acceptable.

T I K
11-10-2004, 06:19 AM
I dont own that kind of system, but Im not one of those made of $$ and I didnt qualify for A Huge tax break or work with or for Haliburton!!

They are probably selling lots, and lots, more of them these days.........

And Bose has to have a HUGE mark ups on those sukas and makes BUKU $$$ on them, or how else could they afford all of those frillin Ads ...

But if anyone out there wants to give me one......even tho its not on my X-Mas list........ Ha Ha :rolleyes:

[Quote] UPI 2001 [\Quote]Cheney has long criticized of unilateral U.S. sanctions, which he says penalize American companies. He has pushed for a review of policy toward Iraq, Iran and Libya. [\Quote] :eek:

Die Hard
11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, but can anyone tell us if they actually sound any better than the competition? After all thats their biggest marketing ploy!

ME BIGGD01
11-10-2004, 12:56 PM
i have one and it's a small little bugger. the thing is well worth it's money if you are looking for quality. i have had others that were cheaper but they can not compare to the quality of th bose procuct. the speakers are what you are apying for and the length of time the product will last with superb quality. there is some truth to you get what you pay for. i guess if it's something you use or are into, you will be able to judge a product on quality based on you are interested in it. i think this goes for anything you are into. take trucks accesories for example. you will buy quality rather then something cheaper to put into your truck. someone who is not into it will ask is it worth it but the person who is into trucks. or paintball guns or what ever, if you are into a particular hobby, you will buy something that will last and have the most quality rather something that is cheaper and with less quality.

Thundarr
11-10-2004, 07:15 PM
I have a pair of Bose Bookshelf speakers that I really like, but no wave radio. We have a teeny little JVC system with speakers that are like 3" x 4" and they sound really good. The place where I found the picture said the original retail on it was $450. My BF had it when I moved in so it may have been a gift. But it's a really cool little setup! :thumbs:

He Is Legend
11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I can buy a Guitar Stack with 4x12 speakers for 500 :p that sound better than that if i hook my cdplayer up to it :p

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/s=amps/search/detail/base_pid/487796/

Rivers
11-11-2004, 03:47 AM
The guitarist in my old band had that same Crate set up only it was the older looking one. Now an Ampeg.....now your cookin. Actualy I've heard those wave radio things and they impressed the hell outta me. Such big bold quality sound from such a little thing, could easly blow huge boom boxes out of the water. As far as the price I dunno maybe they should cut it back another 100 at least then I'd consider buying it maybe......but not before an Ampeg.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
11-11-2004, 03:51 AM
I have that little sucker and let me tell ya worth every penny. That things sounds better than just about any system I have ever heard.