PDA

View Full Version : Can you get Spyware from Firefox?

Dangerous Dan
11-14-2004, 11:14 PM
can you? i've been useing it for a while, and it seems to block everything very effectively

Slice
11-15-2004, 12:09 AM
You can get spyware from just visiting a website. I always run Adaware and Spybot once a month and I am still surprised as to what crap continues to end up on my computer.

Dangerous Dan
11-15-2004, 12:19 AM
You can get spyware from just visiting a website. I always run Adaware and Spybot once a month and I am still surprised as to what crap continues to end up on my computer. yeah, i run it almost daily to keep things in order :P but i've notived that with firefox 1.0 final browser i haven't got any spyware from visiting websites... the built in pop-up blocker seems to prevent it all :eek:

Nitro
11-15-2004, 01:40 AM
i keep pest patrol's agent in the bakground running and it blocks spyware BEFORE it gets on your comp.
pretty neat huh?

Slice
11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
yeah, i run it almost daily to keep things in order :P but i've notived that with firefox 1.0 final browser i haven't got any spyware from visiting websites... the built in pop-up blocker seems to prevent it all :eek:
I don't ever get any pop ups either because I am running the google tool bar which works great. :)

NightBreed
11-15-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't ever get any pop ups either because I am running the google tool bar which works great. :)

..I used to get a lot of pop-up's ( and pop-unders) even with the Google tool-bar, but very,very few with Firefox..
:thumbs:

Slice
11-15-2004, 02:52 AM
..I used to get a lot of pop-up's ( and pop-unders) even with the Google tool-bar, but very,very few with Firefox..
:thumbs:
Since I installed the google toolbar I have not got even one pop up or pop under ever.

NightBreed
11-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Since I installed the google toolbar I have not got even one pop up or pop under ever.

Huh...maybe it's just me...I read all my news at refdesk.com..that's always good for one of two pop-ups...give it a try
:confused:

Ra\/en
11-15-2004, 04:39 AM
Geez.. my computer must be borked, cuz i have run the newest versions of ad-aware and other things.. de-fragged, ran firefox, and my computer still runs like crap. I think its the 3 year old dell syndrome.... IT has run its course... LOL

Slice
11-15-2004, 04:53 AM
Huh...maybe it's just me...I read all my news at refdesk.com..that's always good for one of two pop-ups...give it a try
:confused:
LOL, yeah it blocked 16 pop ups there and one did manage to make its way as an under. May I ask why in the hell you would use such a crappy site? LOL