PDA

View Full Version : Muhahahaha! Nintendo DS pwnage.

Dissectional
11-19-2004, 06:21 PM
I just got back from my local EB. I was trading in my old PS2 for one of the new ones (if you haven't seen them, man, are they small). I had a chance to play the guy jockeying the counter in some 1v1 Metroid on the DS.

pwned. That is what I did to the guy...

It was so slick. Using the control pad to move Samus and the stylus on the lower touch screen to look around and switch weapons. It was odd but comfortable, and really cool. I guess those controls can be changed. Already, the Metroid 1v1 Tourneys are in the making since three of us at the office are going to buy one.

If you haven't had a chance to take one for a test drive you should. It is just a really cool little system.

SALvation
11-19-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm not a DS fan but I love the fact that wireless multiplayer is coming with both the DS and PSP. It's about damn time. I also can't wait to see how they will hook via Wifi to the 'net for some tru Internet multiplayer gameplay.

MR. SLiK
11-19-2004, 08:36 PM
I got my DS already paid off and I can't wait to pick it up Sunday. I also preordered Mario 64 DS which is gonna pwn.

SALvation
11-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Let us know how Mario handles. I'm curious how they did it without the analog stick.

Rivers
11-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Let us know how Mario handles. I'm curious how they did it without the analog stick.

Ditto

Dissectional
11-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Bought my DS today, but didn't pick up a game yet. Having enough fun with Metroid Prime Hunters Demo. Going to pick up Mario tomorrow maybe or later on today.

The Crimson Centurion
11-21-2004, 10:00 PM
why didn't they make the top screen wider ??

an inch on each side would of left plent of room for the speakers...

MR. SLiK
11-22-2004, 03:09 AM
The DS is simply awesome. I've been playing mario64 ds for a while and its great. The handling is just fine. I think they did a great job without an analog stick. Although when on a turtle shell its a little bit harder to control it still plays perfectly.

I also played Metroid Prime: Hunters multiplayer with a friend who got DS as well and its fun just i need to get used to the controls. I reccomend using the thumb strap to play Metroid.

Ra\/en
11-22-2004, 04:23 AM
Holy crap.. i havent even heard of the nintendo ds. ( i guess im out of the loop), but geez, those are some good graphics on a handheld... Even though im young, im certainly starting to feel old. Back when i was like 12 in my heyday i was obsessed with mario 64... on my fresh new n64... siigh... i feel old.

Dangerous Dan
11-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Holy crap.. i havent even heard of the nintendo ds. ( i guess im out of the loop), but geez, those are some good graphics on a handheld... Even though im young, im certainly starting to feel old. Back when i was like 12 in my heyday i was obsessed with mario 64... on my fresh new n64... siigh... i feel old.
i remember showing you game-play vids of it on my comp a few months ago?

but your lack of interest and semester-end essay reports has made you forget no doubt :P