PDA

View Full Version : Deathsight vs Servant Necros

Mr Clean
11-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Which is better? I have heard good things about both...

So I have questions maybe someone can answer:

Which is better for RvR and why?
Which is better for PvE and why?
Which is better for farming scrolls?
Why doesn't Jag pronounce his "R"s when he talks?

Thanks for the help....

Death Engineer
11-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Which is better for RvR and why?

48 Deathsight is agreed upon by the majority of folks as the best RvR spec. The ranged life and power taps are what make it the best in RvR. Note that most of the time your pet will get mezzed and nuked to a mere pile goo in less time than you can cast a single thing. If you're making a necro for RvR, then,..... well just don't. They are ok in the BGs, but are less effective with each successive BG group.

Which is better for PvE and why?

People seem to be a bit split on this one from what I can tell. Some say 48 Sight is the best because you can solo and don't necessarily need a buffbot. Others claim the Servant spec is better because you can kill more enemies at once and therefore level/PL faster. If you don't have a buffbot with at least 40e, don't even think about doing a servant necro.

To give you an idea of the power of a buttbot with a power font + servant necro team, Word (47 necro), Meanpebs (50 servant necro) and my necro (47 sight) got over 500g in drops and loot doing the pygmy goblins at a rate of about 8 per minute. And Meanpebs did 90% of the work. With a high respawn rate and low hit point enemies, a servant necro just tears through everything.

Which is better for farming scrolls?

People unequivocally agree that servant necros are the best for farming scrolls and doing ToA encounters. Again, only with the help of a high enhance buffbot should you attempt to go the servant line. Just think of it like having a level 65ish pet and you'll get the idea. :)

Why does Jag (and for that matter, Sepra) talk the way they do?
Hey...at least they use good grammar and spell most of the time. ;)

Sauron
11-23-2004, 02:57 PM
A1 : 48 sight/17Servant/19 pain imo. Reason : Insta LT, lesser variance on ranged lifetap dmg, absorb buff. The secondaries in Pain give a PBAE DoT that interupts each tick and an AE str/con debuff
A2 : Depends on what ya doin in PvE. For fighting high level mobs which ya can't hit with your casts a Servant Necro is better for sure cause the dmg shield can't be resisted. Servant Necro also considered to be the better PL'er if ya wanna do that due to the ability to kill a crapload of blue to red con mobs with one pull (con of mobs depending on your Buffbot)

A3: Scroll farming is split imo:Scrolls that drop from low level (blue to low grape con) mobs which are spread far in between other mobs sight is better. Scrolls that drop from low - high grape con mobs servant is better (reasons see A2)

Sauron
11-23-2004, 03:03 PM
48 Deathsight is agreed upon by the majority of folks as the best RvR spec. The ranged life and power taps are what make it the best in RvR. Note that most of the time your pet will get mezzed and nuked to a mere pile goo in less time than you can cast a single thing. If you're making a necro for RvR, then,..... well just don't. They are ok in the BGs, but are less effective with each successive BG group.

Clean pls don't listen to that crap :P
A Necro can be effective in RvR but it's very situational and requires a bit more attention than other classes. Yeah it is flawed with pathing and loosing pet while on boat and lotsa other things but what opther class can get your group a GT inside a lordroom without bein harmed? Can disrupt PBae'ers in Lord rooms without getting harmed! Can most of the times do what he wants cause not beein considered a thread so left alone for the most part of a battle? Can keep your main dmg dealers/healers powered up during the asslong keepfights?

Necro is one of the most flawed but alos most underrated RvR classes in the game

FUS1ON
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
All cloth wearing toons can be mezzed and nuked down quickly. It's just that Necros don't have the option to get the RA Purge like other classes. Some of the RVR pathing problems are being improved according to the latest TL report, now if they would fix the issue with not losing your pets on a boat.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Disciple_Discussion/b22324/79069414/?11

Problem: Servant movement and LOS control makes NF RvR very frustrating.

Loss of the servant around NF keeps and on boat rides are major survivability issues. We cannot enter keeps through holes in walls. The servant will often run off and not respond to Passive/Stay/Here commands.

It is very difficult to achieve LOS to the target for both the necro and servant. We cannot know if LOS is valid before casting, and we lose power if the LOS check fails.

Mythic's Answer:All Line of Sight and Pathing Issues are in a constant state of improvement. We attempt to improve some with every patch cycle.

TL's Comment: This appears to be the case. Of the new Catacombs zones only one has significant pathing problems. LoS and pathing have been no problem in most locations (i.e., I have not died due to them)

Good tips Sauron. Clean here are some more tips, Read the post made by Gharikreborn about the tactics he used in RvR to get to 7L8. http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Disciple_Discussion/b22324/79090446/?15

Mr Clean
11-24-2004, 03:16 AM
OT: Clean...your armor is done in my vault #1

Yes I saw it, it looks very nice....since I don't have access to it I have been trying to find you online, which I have so far been unsuccessful at. :(

Mr Clean
11-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Awesome answers guys thanks very much, and the link was also very helpful Sho.

Now, about the Jag question.....:P

Mr Clean
11-24-2004, 06:39 PM
If I'm not on for you....ask if someone has access. As soon as I'm on and you are in housing, I can hook you up with access.

Thanks Term. I was waiting for you so I could pay you, that way I can get the armor and take care of the bill in one fell swoop.

Death Engineer
11-25-2004, 07:30 PM
For the record, necro pets do indeed get mezzed more often in my experience because of the issues with resists.

Sauron
11-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Necro pets get no immunity timers and no fall off on AE that's true due to they're beein mobs. And yes Necro pets have resist issues due to beein only blue con. But if your group doesn't get wiped in the first 15 seconds of a fight u can cast demezz and go ahead and do something in a fight. Cause my expierence on my way to RR5 was that i was always left alone till noone else besides me was standing.