PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Mx700

Speedsweeper
11-26-2004, 11:15 PM
What can i say, this mouse has proved to be a real dissapointment. I had a basic Microsoft Intellimouse before and it was great for gaming but this new one feels so heavy to use. It feels like sliding a brick across the desktop. It is affecting my gameplay in Sam and UT2004.

I did have high hopes for this mouse but i feel i have wasted my money. Does anyone else have this mouse or have the same problem?

Or does anyone completly dissagree with what i have said?

JIMINATOR
11-27-2004, 01:58 AM
yeah, the batteries are pretty heavy, but get a plastic or metal mousepad (not the cloth covered rubber) and that helps compensate. i think overall the buttons and shape is better than the intellimouse. and you can use the side buttons by either getting the latest intellimouse software.... (it will work with logitech too)

SALvation
11-27-2004, 04:18 AM
I have the mouse and I love it. It is heavier than normal MS mice, but I prefer to think of it as "solid". If the extra few ounces is affecting your gameplay, start working out. :)

JIMINATOR
11-27-2004, 05:54 AM
Since I've been using it my fingers don't cramp and my occasional bouts with carpal tunnel syndrome have pretty much gone away.
are you talking about a mouse or some sort of lubricant? :hmmm:

Speedsweeper
11-27-2004, 07:31 PM
When I first got my MX700 I thought OMG this thing is huge. It didn't feel right at all. But hey, I spend like $70 for it so I was gonna give it a chance. It has turned out to be the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. It didn't feel right at first because my fingers weren't hunched up over the mouse buttons like I was so used to. Since I've been using it my fingers don't cramp and my occasional bouts with carpal tunnel syndrome have pretty much gone away. I love the extra buttons too.

It's the best mouse I have ever owned, and I'm on my second one now (not because of poor quality - the first one outlasted any ball mouse I've owned). And I've never really had any issues with the weight.

Hang in there and allow yourself to get used to it. This is a VERY popular mouse with gamers, and for good reason. :thumbs:

That's the main reason i bought it too, because it was good for gaming. Thanks for the post's all, i will hang in there and get used to it some how.

:)

mod
11-29-2004, 05:06 AM
its way lighter than the laser

hehe

mod*