PDA

View Full Version : remote software

Grimmy
12-01-2004, 08:11 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows of some remote control software that I could use on my local network that's fast. Meaning if I wanted to I could use it, and on my laptop control my desktop and play a game, and have it refresh fairly quickly. Everything on my network is conected via cat 5, running 100Mbit except my laptop, which is connected via wireless 802.11g, 54Mbit.

I have tightvnc and was just playing around, and it took forever for the screen to refresh. Any other ideas??

SALvation
12-01-2004, 03:12 PM
How fast is Windows Remote Desktop Connection? I use VNC for the server in my basement but it is way to slow to play a game through that.

Fragetti
12-01-2004, 03:29 PM
You cant run a game remotely. you wont be able to run the hardwear. you will get a video error.
Frag :(

Grimmy
12-01-2004, 06:19 PM
I tested a program last night, can't remember the name and I liked that it showed the speed that things were transfering at, but it was only 20000bit and was slow. Really all I need it for is if I miss something becuase I don't have it set up right, I could change windows and get my character back to where he needs to be, that's the reason I need it to be pretty fast, probably just a couple mouse clicks, rather then go across my computer room to catch my character up with the rest of em. I scraped the program I used last night, it was too slow and took way too long to update the screen. :(

Slice
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Actually I bet if you ran radmin you could run a game remotely on that fast of a connection. However the graphics would probably suck on the user end.

Death Engineer
12-02-2004, 12:31 AM
Grimmy, I have used VNC to run the game you are likely talking about. >: ) PM me and I'll tell you some secrets.

Grimmy
12-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Grimmy, I have used VNC to run the game you are likely talking about. >: ) PM me and I'll tell you some secrets.
PM sent :thumbs: