PDA

View Full Version : Download Managers

Caged Anger
12-03-2004, 01:01 AM
I've seen a lot of talk about here and other places about download managers. I decided to do a little looking around and found a great page from the makers of Spybot S&D detailing what the good ones are from the bad ones.

Give it a look and see which side of the bar yours lands on : http://www.safer-networking.org/en/articles/download-managers.html

DiTomasso
12-03-2004, 07:44 AM

BobtheCkroach
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
I've always used Download Accerator...I know it has ads, and a little spyware, but it's always worked well. Someone told me to use FreshDownload once, and I thought that was awful. Still, I went w/ the site's recommendation and tried LeechGet...and so far I've been very impressed with it. I've already uninstalled DAP and unless something changes I fully intend to continue using LeechGet...thanx a lot, CA!

solid snake295
12-03-2004, 10:23 PM
ya, i use DAP to, simply because i can pause downloads and continue them when ever. it came up in a spyware scan once, i really dont care though, lol

Caged Anger
12-04-2004, 12:26 AM
cool, my first helpful post....lol

SoulReaver
12-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the post man! And yeah, I'll check out Leech. I hate an spyware on my comp lol.

Caged Anger
12-08-2004, 02:39 AM
I tried leechget and while it worked okay as a manager, SpySweeper did pick up a CAX proxy installed with it so, that one flunked my test. next up for trial, Download express.

BobtheCkroach
12-08-2004, 03:06 AM
I tried leechget and while it worked okay as a manager, SpySweeper did pick up a CAX proxy installed with it so, that one flunked my test. next up for trial, Download express.

What's a CAX proxy?

DiTomasso
12-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I had leech up and run spysweeper nothing found.

Caged Anger
12-08-2004, 11:02 PM
hmm, must have been something else, but I haven't downloaded much since my reformat. naturally i was quick to accuse LeechGet.

Also, a CAX Proxy, after I did some research, appears to be coming up only during SpySweeper scans, so dismiss my previous report about LeechGet being Spyware, it appears to be clean. I have yet to download something with Download Express as I have nothing to download, lol. I do want to give you the heads up that it goes also by the name of Mass Downloader.