PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam is changing

Nitro
12-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Many think this to be the case. I would say there is more trashtalking going on but that shouldnt bother anyone if they just take out the Chat.wav file out of the 1.04 patc.gro file or replace it with a .wav file that does not produce any soudn but is just there so you dont get 5 lines of text stating sam cant find the chat.wav file. Everything else in Sam is the same. Spamming and pupwhoring has been ere and always will be here. If anything, I think less cheating goes on. No swimmers have been reported anywhere in the past few months which is a good thing. So as much as alot of ppl think sam has changed. No. WE have changed. Many people we knew and became friends with over time when we played with them in Sam had unfortunately left the Sam world. Maybe that is why we are having such bitterness towards this game now. Because we cant play with our friends anymore and only deal with noobs and spammers/campers.
Please let these things not leave the game because there are only a small amount who play this game. Please lets all hang in there until Sam 2 comes out (2005) and let's have fun.

Asian Invasian
12-13-2004, 05:03 AM
what do you mean 2005? :P

JIMINATOR
12-13-2004, 05:33 AM
gam_fChatSoundVolume = 0

Die Hard
12-13-2004, 01:13 PM
I play with plenty of friends. No problem at all....

Asian Invasian
12-13-2004, 01:59 PM
must be a euro thing :P

Pure_Evil
12-13-2004, 02:02 PM
what do you mean 2005? :P

Damn you! I wanted that line!!!
how about 2000never :D

NightBreed
12-13-2004, 02:51 PM
I play with plenty of friends. No problem at all....

Same here !!
:thumbs:

Nitro
12-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Thats nice to see people that dont have any problems :)
Ih and thanks Jiminator but I guess I took the hard route lol
still got the job done.
Oh and sicm, i was only playing sam for a year so excuse my lateness :)

Asian Invasian
12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Damn you! I wanted that line!!!
how about 2000never :D
lol nah mines still better :P

DiTomasso
12-13-2004, 11:14 PM
I play every day with my friends :-), in Sam that is.

Free Styler
12-14-2004, 12:32 AM
you know the sam is dead sentence has not only been going for a few months.

It's been going on for 2 years.

If id be less lazy id go and find you a thread from 2 years ago wich stated that.

What i miss is the vibe i use to have playing sam.

But then again one get's saturated over time.

Wich ever the game place or time

Nitro
12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
you know the sam is dead sentence has not only been going for a few months.

It's been going on for 2 years.

If id be less lazy id go and find you a thread from 2 years ago wich stated that.

What i miss is the vibe i use to have playing sam.

But then again one get's saturated over time.

Wich ever the game place or time
i still have a vibe :D
just that i get pissed when i die once and leave agame =/
not any ordinary death, but some invisi noob shoots a grenade right into my mouth :(
i cant help it

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-24-2004, 12:21 AM
Well it is us who has ruined sam!! By making up rules like no pups, no cannon, no spamming.... People come to sam, to join, frag by any means and leave.

The game is a Kill by any means game..... fair enough, theres a lot of people out there that get good with a shotty, but who are they to tell someone not to use a rocket launcher that croeteam put there to be used.

Come on guys, any online game should be about fun, having a laugh with friends.....

Sure im right on this....Probably not though. but hey....im going for a game of sam. :-)

The only thing i disagree with is the swimming....that is blaitant cheating... as for the pups we gotta deal with it....

I was in a game earlier with a villains member, we had a guy pupping all the time, so we teamed up as friends, and kicked his butt....lol

Sam will never die... The only way it will die is if we as a community ruin it......

Nitro
12-24-2004, 04:03 AM
Well it is us who has ruined sam!! By making up rules like no pups, no cannon, no spamming.... People come to sam, to join, frag by any means and leave.

The game is a Kill by any means game..... fair enough, theres a lot of people out there that get good with a shotty, but who are they to tell someone not to use a rocket launcher that croeteam put there to be used.

Come on guys, any online game should be about fun, having a laugh with friends.....

Sure im right on this....Probably not though. but hey....im going for a game of sam. :-)

The only thing i disagree with is the swimming....that is blaitant cheating... as for the pups we gotta deal with it....

I was in a game earlier with a villains member, we had a guy pupping all the time, so we teamed up as friends, and kicked his butt....lol

Sam will never die... The only way it will die is if we as a community ruin it......

i palyed with you quite alot recently and i have not evne noticed if u use pups or not or wat weapon u use, cuz frankly , i dont care :)
someon ehas pup=makes it more of a challenge.
The only thing i disagree with is spam but thats jjust my taste but its the only thing that makes me flip out lol :)

Dangerous Dan
12-24-2004, 05:42 AM
we cant play with our friends anymore

make new friends, Sneaky isn't coming back :P

EXEcution
12-24-2004, 09:45 PM
Who is Sneaky? :hmmm:
Some Canadian guy that was really good at ssam but retired.
Sam is still the same imo, and all i care about in a game is winning. :cool:

Nitro
12-25-2004, 03:59 AM
Sam is still as fun to play as it was a year ago and I realyl mean that :)

mod
12-25-2004, 11:44 PM
hmmm your the trashtalker bud ips dont lie.

Herbus Maximus
12-26-2004, 12:34 AM
who gives a ****
Grow up, pup. What's with the attitude?:down:

Nitro
12-26-2004, 12:56 AM
*sniff* :(

Asian Invasian
12-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Sneaky sam was my best bud in ss to date :) , until his time came and he quit...

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Like i said....Its certain peeps from this community that try to change sam....

For those that just join, frag and say gg. Respect to you....

For those that join, whine all the time, I say **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam is a great game, where we meet up, kick each others asses, laugh and say gg....

Ive had the best games ever since being in TGR... Thanks to all ive played so far...

Nitro
12-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Sneaky sam was my best bud in ss to date :) , until his time came and he quit...
I see where Im not loved :(

VHD UnDeaD
12-26-2004, 12:31 PM
wahooo:(

EXEcution
12-26-2004, 02:57 PM
i thought i was ur best bud. :mad:

BobtheCkroach
12-27-2004, 05:19 PM
I know I'm a newb (only played 1 game of sam online) and what not, but can someone tell me...what is a pup, and what is a swimmer?

SoulReaver
12-27-2004, 05:54 PM
I haven't played Sam in like 7 months but anywho, a pup is someone who always uses Serious damage and a swimmer is a bug. You can make your guy kind of "swim" on the ground, as if he is crawling, but you can only see part of his body. I won't explain how to do it since people who don't know might start doing it.

BobtheCkroach
12-27-2004, 05:57 PM
I haven't played Sam in like 7 months but anywho, a pup is someone who always uses Serious damage and a swimmer is a bug. You can make your guy kind of "swim" on the ground, as if he is crawling, but you can only see part of his body. I won't explain how to do it since people who don't know might start doing it.

Thanx!

merkwannabe
12-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Like i said....Its certain peeps from this community that try to change sam....

For those that just join, frag and say gg. Respect to you....

For those that join, whine all the time, I say **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam is a great game, where we meet up, kick each others asses, laugh and say gg....

Ive had the best games ever since being in TGR... Thanks to all ive played so far...eww. Suprisingly well said.. :thumbs:

I agree, I'm cool with just playing matches.. I don't care against who so long as it's intense and fun. I so agree that I just want to play someone who will "join, frag and say gg.." That's what I like about Sam.

Asian Invasian
12-27-2004, 07:16 PM
I see where Im not loved :(

i thought i was ur best bud. :mad:
lol. You guys arent as good as sneaky was :P Also you guys didnt play me everyday, and many more things that sneaky and fakie and I did, but now hes gone:bawling:

Add: plus my movies are better than yours exe : P

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-27-2004, 10:13 PM
eww. Suprisingly well said.. :thumbs:

I agree, I'm cool with just playing matches.. I don't care against who so long as it's intense and fun. I so agree that I just want to play someone who will "join, frag and say gg.." That's what I like about Sam.

I am so glad that finally someone actually agrees... Thanks.

FUS1ON
12-27-2004, 10:51 PM
The troll in me wants to say, The title of this thread "Serious Sam is changing" is incorrect, it should be "Serious Sam changed along time ago". :rolleyes:

The good side in me is beating the troll's butt to stay out of you all's thread.

Sorry, the Troll won! :P

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Serious sam still rocks on.... The games ive played tonight have been great. Ive seen glowing orange people, Rockets up my ass, splatted by a cannon ball... What the hell, Its a game at the end of the day... Where as i said before, we meet up, frag, say gg, leave, and then come post here....

Sam rocks, and always will do!

DiTomasso
12-28-2004, 04:27 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: :D

Serious sam still rocks on.... The games ive played tonight have been great. Ive seen glowing orange people, Rockets up my ass, splatted by a cannon ball... What the hell, Its a game at the end of the day... Where as i said before, we meet up, frag, say gg, leave, and then come post here....

Sam rocks, and always will do!

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Just to add... I have played a few again...And had my ass spanked everywhere, the usual., you know, people breaking the "rules" that have been invented, good ols Orange stuff, An ivis guy but could still see his shadows, the old grenade launcher, rockets up my ass again, (my ass is aching after the 4 days ive been back), but thats how people play the game... And ill say it again.... SAM WILL ROCK ON FOREVER!!!!!!

The people that dont play, are the people that dont like having there ass owned by a grenade, rocket, cannon, sd, invis, invul... If your gonna keep on whining about this stuff, then uninstall sam and play something else and make your rules elsewhere.

Stop giving this great game a bad name......

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Anyway, time to play. Maybe see some of you on the servers.

Nitro
12-29-2004, 03:47 AM
lol. You guys arent as good as sneaky was :P Also you guys didnt play me everyday, and many more things that sneaky and fakie and I did, but now hes gone:bawling:

oral?

Pog Mo Thoin
12-29-2004, 07:40 AM
I agree with you both. I get mad as hell when some pup frags me, but then I just target them and know it's just how the game is.

It's annoying when you join a server and get inundated with people abusing each other for whatnot.

Looking at you AsianInvasian.

My motto is, I dont care if I frag or die, it's the game that counts. I can be -10 and as long as the game was good, thats all I play for. :thumbs:

eww. Suprisingly well said.. :thumbs:

Nitro
12-30-2004, 02:16 AM
You would be?

Slice
12-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Just to add... I have played a few again...And had my ass spanked everywhere, the usual., you know, people breaking the "rules" that have been invented, good ols Orange stuff, An ivis guy but could still see his shadows, the old grenade launcher, rockets up my ass again, (my ass is aching after the 4 days ive been back), but thats how people play the game... And ill say it again.... SAM WILL ROCK ON FOREVER!!!!!!

The people that dont play, are the people that dont like having there ass owned by a grenade, rocket, cannon, sd, invis, invul... If your gonna keep on whining about this stuff, then uninstall sam and play something else and make your rules elsewhere.

Stop giving this great game a bad name......
Um I don't play anymore because there are 4 maps. How many thousands of times can you play the same 4 maps over and over and over and over. I can honestly say that I played this game to its death. The Pups and rockets and grenades were always there, back in the day, and now. What's changed is the blame on the inevitable obvious....

EXEcution
12-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Um I don't play anymore because there are 4 maps. How many thousands of times can you play the same 4 maps over and over and over and over. I can honestly say that I played this game to its death. The Pups and rockets and grenades were always there, back in the day, and now. What's changed is the blame on the inevitable obvious....
lol good one
u cant really play a good map to death imo.
in cs, the worlds most popular fps, the same 4 or 5 maps are played over and over again and no one gets tired of them.
once u have completely mastered the map, which means u will be unbeatable and know where the player is 100% of the time, then it will be played to death.