PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Video Game?

jayson18
12-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey everybody,

I recently caught a few ads on Spike TV for their upcoming Video Game Awards (it airs Dec. 14th but I'm not sure what time, check out their website if you want) and thought to start this thread to see who everyone thinks should win the award for game of the year. Maybe we could tally up the replies here and then compare them to which game actually wins that night? It might be cool too to send these results to Spike TV after we're done, especially if our favorites aren't on their list. So I'm going to dig around and try to find a way to contact them too.

Here's this year's choices from Spike's website (if you don't agree, just put down your favorite):

Burnout 3: Takedown (Electronic Arts)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Rockstar Games)
Half-Life 2 (Vivendi Universal Games)
Halo 2 (Microsoft Game Studios)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (Konami)

Also, what's your all-time favorite? (I'm predicting Super Mario Brothers and CS will top the list here.)

Thanks everyone and I'll keep you posted on who wins in case you won't catch it.

Jason

solid snake295
12-14-2004, 10:00 AM
welcome to GM :drink:

i think MGS:Snake Eater should win because its simply the best game ever with the coolest characters and the best story line. :P

BobtheCkroach
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
HL2 is my favorite of those on the list, easily.

My fav all time, though? Hmmm...console wise, it's gotta be Zelda or Final Fantasy 1 for the old school nintendo. As far as computer goes...that's so hard to say. Probably HL2, I suppose, but there's so many games, so many genres...StarCraft is definitely in the mix...Diablo 2, also...

Good post man! :thumbs:

Also, so ya know, you can start a poll thread, that would actually keep a running total (you could just use an "other" and then keep track of the other votes)

Welcome aboard!

Caged Anger
12-14-2004, 11:06 PM
hmmm, tough choice, but I have to say the Medal of Honor series tops my chart. Good action and even some facts at the same time.

Nitro
12-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Return to Castle Wolfenstein by a long shot :wootrock:

TheMaster
12-15-2004, 01:29 AM
HL2 would be my favorite on the list. I have no one all-time favorite, but I can give you a list of my favorites, in no particular order.

Q3A/Q3:TA
SoF
RTCW
Doom
Heretic
SSFE/SSSE
:D

MR. SLiK
12-15-2004, 02:34 AM
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=41259

solid snake295
12-15-2004, 02:53 AM
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=41259thank you nancy drew, your quite the sleuth!

MR. SLiK
12-15-2004, 03:12 AM
thank you nancy drew, your quite the sleuth!

snip

quite the comedian.

Ra\/en
12-15-2004, 03:16 AM
quite the comedian.

no fighting girls!

I dont think i have a favourite. but.....

doom II
wolfenstein 3d
command and conquer
FFVII, FFVIII
Zelda: Ocarina of time
Mario 64!!!!

Ra\/en
12-15-2004, 03:19 AM
HL2 is my favorite of those on the list, easily.

My fav all time, though? Hmmm...console wise, it's gotta be Zelda or Final Fantasy 1 for the old school nintendo. As far as computer goes...that's so hard to say. Probably HL2, I suppose, but there's so many games, so many genres...StarCraft is definitely in the mix...Diablo 2, also...

Good post man! :thumbs:

Also, so ya know, you can start a poll thread, that would actually keep a running total (you could just use an "other" and then keep track of the other votes)

Welcome aboard!

well i feel stupid being duped by a fake post.

Schism
12-15-2004, 03:22 AM
thank you nancy drew, your quite the sleuth!

http://www.cyburbia.org/tmp/you_win_the_prize.jpg

Having been heavily involved in youth groups (I was a Cubscout Cubmaster for three years and was an official in the Greater Dayton Soap Box Derby for two years, created websites for both, including a website for the Boy Scouts Wright Brothers District) that included mentally and physically challenged kids, I find the use of pictures like this extremely distasteful. And I have zero respect for those who post them.

I understand what caused the arrested social and intellectual development of the unfortunate child portrayed in the picture. What is your excuse snake? Get dropped on your head a lot when you were a child? Been smoking pot since you were 9 years old?

solid snake295
12-15-2004, 03:25 AM
gone, happy?

Slice
12-15-2004, 03:30 AM
The original Metroid for NES rules everything.

OPTIMOOSE
12-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Having been heavily involved in youth groups (I was a Cubscout Cubmaster for three years and was an official in the Greater Dayton Soap Box Derby for two years, created websites for both, including a website for the Boy Scouts Wright Brothers District) that included mentally and physically challenged kids, I find the use of pictures like this extremely distasteful. And I have zero respect for those who post them.

I understand what caused the arrested social and intellectual development of the unfortunate child portrayed in the picture. What is your excuse snake? Get dropped on your head a lot when you were a child? Been smoking pot since you were 9 years old?

And the real SIRC appears... TADA! I knew it wouldnt be long..

OPTIMOOSE
12-15-2004, 03:36 AM
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=41259

Isnt this against GM rules?

:)

MR. SLiK
12-15-2004, 04:32 AM
Isnt this against GM rules?

:)

i was trying to point out its a fake post, purely for advertisement of spike tv. He even says to possibly send the results to spike tv.

SALvation
12-15-2004, 05:04 AM
So tired of stupid ad bots...