PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the Greenbay game?

Slice
12-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Good game right to the last minute with one of Favre's infamous last quarter comeback attempts. Unfortunately they lost. One of the most disturbing plays of the game, which I don't care what anyone says was intentional.

"Jaguars safety Donovan Darius was ejected for a helmet-stripping, clothesline hit that sent wide receiver Robert Ferguson to the hospital for X-rays on his neck and head with 4:41 remaining."

Donovan was booed off the field which he completely deserved.

EXEcution
12-20-2004, 02:03 AM
All i know is that the Eagles pwned the Cowgirls.
And im not into football. :P

FUS1ON
12-20-2004, 03:18 AM
And im not into football. :P

I dislike the Cowboys and yeah Exe that's pretty oblivious you're not if you think they pwned them. I watched the game, Philly was lucky to have won.

Slice I agree, that did look intentional the way he drew his arm back to wind up. i was glad to see him get ejected and hopefully Robert Ferguson will be ok.

BobtheCkroach
12-20-2004, 03:30 AM
If it was a player on any team but Green Bay, i'd probably be upset, but in response to this all I gotta say is...Why couldn't it have been Favre?

Slice
12-20-2004, 03:51 AM
If it was a player on any team but Green Bay, i'd probably be upset, but in response to this all I gotta say is...Why couldn't it have been Favre?
For you to wish ill will on anyone is completely disrespectful in my book. You are now officially on my block forum user list, so I don't have to read your ridiculous remarks. In other words I am stepping on the Ckroach.

SALvation
12-20-2004, 04:11 AM
Catch the Lions game? I watched them miss an extra point to throw what little hope they had left this season out the window in person. I have never seen a stadium with so many pissed off fans afterwards...or Psi yell swear words so loud.

Slice
12-20-2004, 04:37 AM
Catch the Lions game? I watched them miss an extra point to throw what little hope they had left this season out the window in person. I have never seen a stadium with so many pissed off fans afterwards...or Psi yell swear words so loud.
I saw the highlights of that game and I would be swearing at the top of my lungs as well if I was a Lions fan....

Grimmy
12-20-2004, 04:43 AM
I seen that Greenbay game, and well I have a bud that is a packer fan and I am not, I did see that play. Sorta mixed feelings about that play. It happened in mid air, so would have been hard to make a comeback and not do that, but being in mid air, it's hard to stop that, meaning if you are in the air launching after a kicker and you hit him, there's a flag for roughing the kicker. BS imo (the kicker part) Sucked seeing him get injured though, hope everything is ok. From what I saw he went after the play and was an accident to hit him like that, things happen. Kicked from the game, I would have made the same call. Call it intentional, I wouldn't. Players can make some dumb desisions when under the heat and stress of winning or losing, but I doubt he meant to hurt him on purpose.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. :thumbs:

Oh yea, and I heard the broncHOES got there butts stopped WEWT! :thumbs:

Slice
12-20-2004, 05:01 AM
I seen that Greenbay game, and well I have a bud that is a packer fan and I am not, I did see that play. Sorta mixed feelings about that play. It happened in mid air, so would have been hard to make a comeback and not do that, but being in mid air, it's hard to stop that, meaning if you are in the air launching after a kicker and you hit him, there's a flag for roughing the kicker. BS imo (the kicker part) Sucked seeing him get injured though, hope everything is ok. From what I saw he went after the play and was an accident to hit him like that, things happen. Kicked from the game, I would have made the same call. Call it intentional, I wouldn't. Players can make some dumb desisions when under the heat and stress of winning or losing, but I doubt he meant to hurt him on purpose.

Hope he has a speedy recovery. :thumbs:

Oh yea, and I heard the broncHOES got there butts stopped WEWT! :thumbs:
No way. He started out with his arm in a clothesline position. He didn't care where it made contact with his opponent. That isn't a mid air call that is purely bad sportsmanship. You are in control of your body and its actions and in the game of football they are split second sometimes. He had every opportunity to retract his arm before he hit him.

Grimmy
12-20-2004, 05:24 AM
No way. He started out with his arm in a clothesline position. He didn't care where it made contact with his opponent. That isn't a mid air call that is purely bad sportsmanship. You are in control of your body and its actions and in the game of football they are split second sometimes. He had every opportunity to retract his arm before he hit him.

That's why I said I made my decision based upon what I saw. I don't think it was totally intentional. But that's my opinion.

Slice
12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
That's why I said I made my decision based upon what I saw. I don't think it was totally intentional. But that's my opinion.
If you watch people closely you can clearly see what they intended. This same game Brett Favre got flagged because he threw the ball at the umpire. It was clear as a bell that it was an accident and there was no penalty. Just looking at a person can tell you what their intentions were. I watched it in slow motion 6 or more times and I can tell you that he intended on that hit. Whether he intended on the outcome of his hit is another story. That isn't the issue though.

BobtheCkroach
12-20-2004, 06:35 AM
For you to wish ill will on anyone is completely disrespectful in my book. You are now officially on my block forum user list, so I don't have to read your ridiculous remarks. In other words I am stepping on the Ckroach.

Yeah, I'm over it. If it makes you feel any better, I'd wish it on the whole team, but that's just unrealistic.

ZeLL
12-20-2004, 08:24 AM
I loved how that center put his hand on the ball for the Jaguars just for the hell of it while everone was standing around and that dude for the Packers smacked the ball away and ran it back for a big TD. That was pretty funny.

I also watched that play where Farve through the ball and hit the zebra on accident. Farve's face was priceless!

You guys, the game is fricken amazing with my new HD tv. It looked hella good before, but we had this guy come and calibrate it, and now its just killer! :D

Thundarr
12-20-2004, 03:19 PM
That Lions game was a heartbreaker, weird that the Pistons lost by one point the night before, too... :( As for the Packers game, I don't care for them so much, but I saw the play and thought it looked intentional as well... Bad sportsmanship surely :down:

T I K
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Good game right to the last minute with one of Favre's infamous last quarter comeback attempts. Unfortunately they lost. One of the most disturbing plays of the game, which I don't care what anyone says was intentional.

"Jaguars safety Donovan Darius was ejected for a helmet-stripping, clothesline hit that sent wide receiver Robert Ferguson to the hospital for X-rays on his neck and head with 4:41 remaining."

Donovan was booed off the field which he completely deserved.

Yeah got to watch the last quarter or so of that game ! Darius deserved the ejection and all the booing definitely IMO !! If it wasnt an intentional clotheline hit, he may(??) have not of had time to drop his arm , but it sure looked like he knew where he was goint hit Ferguson and Darius could have turned or twisted his body away from making that kind of direct contatct hit but you didnt see him attempt or try to do any of that!! BOO BOO BOO!!!! :mad: Hope Darius gets a huge hefty fine and made to sit out the rest of the season !!!

BTW Great throw(s) by Farve and catch by da Ferguson and amazingly even though he got clothselined and lost his helmet/head, he managed to hold onto that ball !!! It was Great to see him giving his thumbs up all the the way and time he was carried off the field !!! :thumbs:

Heard on news this am that Ferguson had lost temporary feeling below his waist and he does have a sever sprained neck! But luckily for him it sounds like he should be ok !!! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by BobtheCkroach

Yeah, I'm over it. If it makes you feel any better, I'd wish it on the whole team, but that's just unrealistic.

pffft Unsportsmanlike :( ....scamper off bck in your little hole vkn bug.......................

Originally Posted by Slice

Good Call !!! :D

T I K
12-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Also BTW after that game watched the Disney movie "Remember The Titans" !!

Its a little dated/2000 but an excellent movie !!! Starring Boaz Yakin, Denzel Washington, Will Patton, Wood Harris, Ryan Hurst, Donald Faison, Craig Kirkwood, Ethan Suplee, Kip Pardue, Hayden Panettiere, Nicole Ari Parker, Kate Bosworth, Earl Poitier, Ryan ... Based on actual events Remember the Titans is a heart warming good for the whole pps film ........... :thumbs: :thumbs: